UFOSeek Forum

Community for discussion of UFO, Paranormal and mysterious topics
It is currently Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:33 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Indiana sightings?
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:52 pm 
Unregistered
Anybody out there have info and/or pictures about sightings in Indiana? Especially in the central Indiana area... even more especially around Columbus (where I'm from)?

I can be contacted by message, if anybody has links, etc.

Thank you!
___

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:07 pm 
Unregistered
My father and i saw one at about 8 o'clock in the evening on august 8th 1988 at the end of a day of floating White river north of Indianapolis, IN. It was night as there were stars in the sky and the moon was out. We were nearing the place where we would pull ashore and load up the johnboat when we looked up and saw this object hovering above us. It was triangle shaped with rounded corners, eggshell colored with 3 pink circles on the bottom. It made absolutely no sound whatsoever. We watched it hovering in and out of the treeline for a good 5 minutes until my dad stood up in the boat and shouted "Abduct me, motherf*ckers !!" It had to of heard him because it shot straight up into the sky at an amazing rate of speed until it couldnt be seen any longer. A year later on the same date my father and i sat at opposite ends of the kitchen table and we each drew a picture of what we saw that night, they matched. We then dated the pictures, sealed them in a time capsule and cemented it into a concrete pond we were building in the backyard. I was 10 years old at the time and ,as described, i remember this event vividly.
___

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:10 pm 

[reply]Anybody out there have info and/or pictures about sightings in Indiana? Especially in the central Indiana area... even more especially around Columbus (where I'm from)?

I can be contacted by message, if anybody has links, etc.

Thank you![/reply]

http://www.mufon.com/

This is the link to Mufon International. Go to the sightings/events and put in FROM a date TO a date
(example: May 1, 2006 to May 30, 2007) and list the state (Indiana) and hit search.

There is also an active Indiana MUFON group.

http://www.indianamufon.com/

There appears to be many sightings, altho I don't know if you'll findmany around Columbus - you might have to join to access the information.

There's also a mufon website/forum for members.

www.mufonmembers.proboards55.com
___

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 3:49 am 
Unregistered
Any other details of that sighting come to light lately???
Have any elements about it that seem vaguely unexplained or unusual?Something doesnt jibe with the sequence of events?
bergle
___

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:28 pm 
Unregistered
well, after all these years and all the ufo footage/pics ive seen, ive never seen another ufo like the one i saw that night. some simmilar, but no exact matches. the only thing odd about that encounter was the fact that it was night time by the time we got to our pickup point and we never lit a lantern, we were just floating by the light of the moon. my dad is usualy pretty good about timing his boat trips and a moonlit jaunt on the river is kind of dangerous. there was another boat with us as well, but they were farther downstream than us and claimed to have not seen what we saw, so that may rule out any lost time theories. that is unless we were all snatched up and put back and my father and i were the only ones that saw the thing leave. ive never undergone any hypnosis to see if thats what happened because im not sure i want to know, and if they tagged me, so be it. i havent been discomforted in any way that im aware of.
___

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:48 pm 
Unregistered
BTW, this thing was about the size of a quarter held out at arms length in the sky
___

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:43 am 
Unregistered
How big?How high off the ground? how close were you at the closest point?
The triangles are apearing all over the sky,,,,,
all colours and shapes of triangles....
bergle
___

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:27 pm 
Unregistered
couldnt tell how big it was, couldve been 30 feet wide at 200 feet up, or 300 feet wide at 800 feet up. i really didnt have a way to judge its distance. until it took off, it stayed the same distance from us as when we first saw it.
___