UFOSeek Forum

Community for discussion of UFO, Paranormal and mysterious topics
It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:13 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:38 am 
Unregistered
I WOKE UP FROM A WEIRD DREAM AND COULD NOT GET BACK TO SLEEP, SO I GOT UP AND WENT INTO THE BACKYARD TO HAVE A SMOKE. IT WAS ABOUT 3:00AM, A SUMMER EVENING IN JULY,2007. THE NIGHT DESERT AIR WAS WARM ( NOT HUMID) AND THE SKY EXCEPTIONALLY CLEAR. I REMEMBER THINKING HOW EXCEPTIONALLY QUIET IT WAS AS I STARED UP INTO THE SKY. I BEGAN TO HEAR THIS FAINT WINDING KIND OF SOUND AND THINKING HOW ODD IT WAS. IT BEGAN TO GROW LOUDER, BUT NOT IN AN OFFENSIVE KIND OF WAY. I REMEMBER THINKING IT SOUNDED LIKE A HELICOPTER STARTING UP. LIKE THE PROPELLER WAS WINDING UP. I WAS TRYING TO GET MY BEARINGS ON WHERE IT WAS COMING FROM, WHEN ALL OF A SUDDEN THIS EXTREMLY BRIGHT LIGHT, KINDA BRIGHT LIKE A STROBE LIGHT, WAS BEGINNING TO APPEAR IN THE SKY VERY CLOSE AND RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME. IT BEGAN SMALL AND GREW LARGER ALONG WITH THE WINDING SOUND SEEMING TO WIND FASTER. I ALMOST HAD TO CLOSE MY EYES THE LIGHT WAS SO BLINDING, WHEN IN A MATTER OF SECONDS THE LIGHT TURNED INTO A BRIGHT PURPLE COLOR, LIKE A BLACK LIGHT KINDA PURPLE. THE PURPLE LIGHT WENT FROM A SHAPE OF OBLONG TO A LONG STRAIGHT BEAM OF PURPLE POINTING AT AN 80 DEGREE ANGLE UP INTO THE SKY. THEN THE SKY AREA AROUND ME LITE UP LIKE A GLOWING FLASH. KINDA THE WAY THE SKY DOES WHEN A FIREWORKS SHOW IS GOING ON, AND THE PURPLE ROD OF LIGHT SHOT UP INTO THE SKY AND TAKING WITH IT THE WINDING SOUND. THE SKY AROUND ME STAYED LITE UP IN A GLOWING KIND OF WAY FOR A FEW MORE SECONDS THEN IT WAS ALL OVER. I WAS IN TOTAL AWE SITTING THERE NOT AFRAID AT ALL, WANTING TO CALL SOMEONE. BUT IT WAS 3:00AM. I LISTENED TO THE NEWS IN THE MORNING AND CHECKED THE INTERNET, BUT I GUESS I WAS THE ONLY ONE THAT SAW IT. HISTORY IN THE COACHELLA VALLEY HAS RECORDS OF UFO SIGHTINGS IN OUR MOUNTAIN RANGES DATING BACK INTO THE COWBOY AND INDIAN DAYS. IT WAS VERY COOL.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:10 pm 

THAT is one awesome UFO experience!!!! So much of your report has consistent elements to such sightings.

The whirring sound is common, and usually an increase in that sound indicates either a change of manouvre, or gearing up for speed. White is commonly associated with a stationary or hovering craft, as the craft gears up for propulsion, the lights change to brighter colours. The aura around the craft is the displacement created by the energy field. The changing of shape/and or the 'tilting' is very characteristing of a craft about to take off.

There is not a doubt in my mind that you witnessed a UFO. My guess is it was likely there for some time, and perhaps noticing you, it decided to move on. The time is also in sync with most reported sightings (and abductions) which fall into the frame of 2-4 a.m.

Any idea of how high up the object was, or was there a colour to the craft itself? What is in the area, or nearby that they may have been scouting around for? Any idea about more of the history of the Coachella Valley with UFO sightings?

I am hoping there is a local or nearby MUFON or reporting agency that you can give your very good description to.

Thanks for your post klipps, hope to hear more from you. :D

Timbit

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:53 pm 

What state is this valley in?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:03 pm 

Hope I'm not assuming, but this would be my guess. CA
Attachment:
valley.jpg
valley.jpg [ 18.52 KiB | Viewed 2212 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:44 pm 

Unless there's more than one with that name, yes... it's Southern California. What an awesome sighting! Congratulations! I'm envious! There are always (or so it seems) so many reports here in the Great Southwest. Lots of open space, desert landscape in lots of it. Desolate, undeveloped mountain ranges. Just the kind of "moonscape" for a curious explorer.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:41 pm 

I've lived in Northern California my whole life and I know little about SoCal to be honest. Kind of strange but California is the size of an average country in Europe so you can understand why ;)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:17 pm 

I've lived in SoCal since 1964, and know very little about Northern California... so I can relate. Yes, this IS a huge State with great diversities.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:27 pm 

I keep wanting to drive out to the desert to take pictures and maybe camp out for the night but you have to drive around 600 miles of mountain range to get a simple 240 mile distance. If the Sierras mountain range wasn't in the way it would take me maybe 3 hours to drive to death valley but because of the mountains I have to drive down to bakersfield then around the bottom and back up.. that alone is like 200 miles plus the 350 miles to bakersfield.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:24 am 

Everything is measured "as the crow flies..." It ALWAYS takes longer than it should!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:13 pm 

lol.. Yes, but that's one big obstacle.