UFOSeek Forum

Community for discussion of UFO, Paranormal and mysterious topics
It is currently Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:44 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 226 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 23  Next
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:16 pm 

Here is a news update on the continuing controversy over Cern's atom smasher, set to go September 10th.

There is a hearing scheduled for September 2nd to address the worries world scientists have over possible results.

http://cosmiclog.msnbc.msn.com/archive/ ... 76192.aspx

Tim

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:33 pm 

Mhhh, very good this new. So I will wait before to pay my car insurance... :mrgreen:

None knows what can be the next near future... ;)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:40 pm 

Look at this http://public.web.cern.ch/Public/en/LHC/Safety-en.html where it writes

Quote:
LSAG reaffirms and extends the conclusions of the 2003 report that LHC collisions present no danger and that there are no reasons for concern. Whatever the LHC will do, Nature has already done many times over during the lifetime of the Earth and other astronomical bodies
I hope they haven't forgot that earth used thousand years to do that, and they pretend doing it in few hours...that is what makes the difference..!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:23 pm 

Let us hope this gets tied up in the Courts for a while; perhaps it will prevent any further experiments from going forward. If members of their own science community are voicing this much concern, then it seems obvious that the collider experiments should be put on a very lengthy "hold."

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:14 am 

Well, Tweaked, I'm saying that they should stop everything also 'cause behind there are lot of money and lot of time, but only they should be very very careful before starting something that can quickly go out of control. I mean: peoples here on planet don't know anything about real black holes, they only know something formed in laboratory but it's not the same, it's more a game. There are 27 km of path where it could/should be formed... do they think it's everything highly monitored? I'm really skeptic about this monitoring...and this makes me think about...

But you'll see thah money power will let them do what is "necessary" (for some pocket)...

If you read all experiments they have to do, you'll understand the real danger that can be only with one of them, nd for it, I think they should take more time and be every experiment far (as time) from the last done. Nothing must stay inside there (lost parts) before starting a new one or ...that will be the error...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:34 am 

dad, their way of thinking is ... "If we don't test it, we will never know for sure." So they will test it if they can, and even if they're NOT supposed to, someone will... just to see what happens. If everything goes OK, they will say, "We TOLD you so!" and if it doesn't, we won't be around to complain.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:31 pm 

Tweaked, I think the same..also 'cause I don't see other ways...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:33 am 

CERN has today (08/25/08) announced the success of the second and final test of the Large Hadron Collider’s beam synchronization systems which will allow the LHC operations team to inject the first beam into the LHC.

http://lhc-first-beam.web.cern.ch/lhc%2 ... cTest.html

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:56 pm 

Well, I guess on September 10th we'd better all surround ourselves with lots of White Light. :(

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:34 am 

I think a lot of flaslights wil not be enough. The protests are going on:

Washington, September 1 : Some scientists are trying to stop the Large Hadron Collider (LHC) from going into operation in nine days, saying that it might create black holes which could destroy the world.

http://www.andhranews.net/Technology/20 ... -61619.asp

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 226 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 23  Next