UFOSeek Forum

Community for discussion of UFO, Paranormal and mysterious topics
It is currently Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:41 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:22 pm 
Unregistered
I have a hypothetical question for any that would care to answer. How would the world change if it became common knowledge tomorrow that UFOs did indeed exist and that we were not alone in the universe? Do you think there would be any sort of cultural or social revolution or would people just get over it quickly and carry on with their usual day-to-day business?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:19 am 

I don't think it would make much difference for most people, it would be business as usual.

If there is to be a social revolution.......its already well underway.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:49 am 

LightMatter wrote:
I have a hypothetical question for any that would care to answer. How would the world change if it became common knowledge tomorrow that UFOs did indeed exist and that we were not alone in the universe? Do you think there would be any sort of cultural or social revolution or would people just get over it quickly and carry on with their usual day-to-day business?

I don't think there would be much change of the average person. They would still be chasing the dollar. The ones that it might affect the most are the religions of the world since most have been taught that humans were the only beings that God created.
Slohand
---------
stop and smell the roses

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:22 am 

I think it would be huge. Most likely those in the know are aware of the very real possibility that disclosure will have to take place at some time, and plans are already either in place, or in the works to contain the pandemonium that will take place in every home, street, town, city, and country in the world.

We will see a police state (for our own protection), and we will be told that the aliens are hostile, they are enemies, and present a clear and present danger to the entire world.

The sheeple will jump right on that bandwagon and praise the Lord for having such efficient leaders, and not hesitate in the least to believe everything they are told. All of us will be fingerprinted, catalogued, detained, restrained, and under virtual house arrest. Our activities will be curtailed, watched, monitored, and supressed. We will be rationed for food and gas. There will be blackouts, and fire in the skies.

Death, destruction, WW3!!

OR,

The aliens will shoo the authorities away, clearly stating their peaceful purposes, and we will embrace this new world with hope and anticipation of good things to come. We will be shown better ways to save our environment, and all the life within it. Disease will be a thing of the past, and people will realize healthier, happier lives. Technology will restore all that has been lost to global warming, and nuclear weapons will be deactivated and put in museums to show us what idiots we've been for the last hundred or so years in allowing them to be built in the first place. Borders won't exisit, and self-elected dictators will be exiled to Siberia to live on whale blubber and birch bark. Freedom will finally reign, and the earth will be a peaceful, joyous place.

I think I'll take Plan B.

Tim

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:39 am 
Unregistered
How many would take the opportunity to go on an adventure in a space craft to other worlds....I wouldnt , but I bet millions would.

I`d take scenario "B" , but whats the likely hood of that happening.
Scenario "A" will be down to world leaders, and NOT to joe publics over reaction to alien visitors. I think it would be very scary for most, but they would come around slowly if the govt was open and friendly with us and the aliens.
There would also be plenty of people out there who try and make a quick buck on the back of it all.