UFOSeek Forum

Community for discussion of UFO, Paranormal and mysterious topics
It is currently Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:50 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:59 am 

Unidentified photographed object sparks wonder
Laura Warner Deseret Morning News
May 22, 2004

PROVO -- It's not a bird and it's not a plane. So what was the unidentified flying object hovering over Provo Canyon that Tommy Woodard captured on film this week? "Until they come up with a reason or an explanation, it will still be a UFO to me," Woodard said. Woodard, who serves as photo librarian for the Utah Film Commission, spent Tuesday afternoon in Provo Canyon taking pictures of a local Scout camp that could serve as a possible film location. But the beauty of the canyon prompted him to take several more digital photos for personal use. While browsing through those pictures later, he noticed one that had a dark speck on it. Curious, the 22-year-old enlarged the image and couldn't believe his eyes. "It appeared to be a flying saucer," Woodard said. The enlarged photograph shows a purplish object hovering high above the trees that bears a striking similarity to UFO depictions in art and film. "If I didn't know any better, I'd think someone was filming 'Men in Black: 3' up there," said canyon enthusiast Brandon Ortega. "It seems like a joke, but it's too eerie to laugh about." Though he is an admitted "sci-fi buff," Woodard said that he has been skeptical in the past about photos that claim to be of UFOs. But since he shot the photo himself and couldn't see the object on any of his other photographs, Woodard has become a believer. "A lot of the photos that are shown on television look really cheesy. Some of them -- it's really obvious that they're fake," Woodard said. "But I've seen some photos that look just like mine. It's unbelievable."

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_q ... tBody;col1

CNN did a story about this sighting:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nBxriRChh4

The fact that the guy is a professional photographer and works for the state makes this sighting seem very credible to me.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:05 pm 

Very interesting indeed. I think I've seen that picture before, but the analysis from the sources you posted is very well done.

I just posted a little while ago about when people see the truth, they often still cannot accept it.

This was true with the scientific analysis done on the photograph. The analyst said, it was not digitally enhanced, it is not a remote flying helicopter or baloon, and went on to point out the difference in colour on the craft at the time (in flight), and that it was approximately 30' long, with typical markings of a UFO evident.

Yet, he said, just because it looks like a duck, and walks like a duck, it doesn't mean it was a duck. lol

Sure as hell looked like a 'duck' to me!!

Tim

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:39 pm 

I tried to analyze the object, but it looks as a fake, but it can done to various changes made to it; the one who applied the "imprint" on the picture could have changed some parameter.

When you underpose an object to a thermo analisys, usually it shows in different colours the hot part and the cold one; here looks as everything is the same on all the object, and this is impossible, 'cause it is using energy for moving. I an try to check it better but only having a bigger picture and not "touched"...

Last thing: zooming to the picture, the object shows some kind of lines that are not in toher part of the all; you can see granularity in pixel all over it, but the only object shows those lines; usually this is done to an applied mask on some subject...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:45 pm 

They had the original photograph for analysis by an independent expert though. According to him, there was nothing tampered with, altered or changed.

That was the picture that was taken. I suppose it is possible that something 30 feet long could have been put in the sky somehow, by a partner, and the cameraman shot the picture, but I didn't get that impression at all.

Tim

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:15 pm 

I don't want to convince anyone, but try to see this fake I did right now to let you see if there errors. In the picture posted is shown the UFO with a blur filter, but in this I've posted the blur is not applied, so you can see very well the object almost mixed with sun. If I change parameters, adding some blur, surely it will become like the one posted. Foir that I told before that the image posted to me looks not real. The one who touched, has added also a name, and usually this is enough to change many other things (right down corner) in relation to a kind of evidence.

Many persons add a name or other words and this always changes many elements needed to see and extract datas necessary to a clear check.

Attachments:
fake.jpg
fake.jpg [ 47.76 KiB | Viewed 2257 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:48 pm 

So, that image has not bee retouched?

Take this second I post and zoom it at 400% and point only the subject. You'll see all those lines I've told before. Pixels in the image still the same as before, but this second shows lines that are classic from bluring...

They used an over exposing filter to hide other particulars and (I want be wrong) probably they used also a filter to enhance trees borders.

For me it's a fake, and here I show the how-to applied. If someone has a diorect contact with them, please tell them to write me, 'cause I don't believe this is a true picture.

Attachments:
fake.jpg
fake.jpg [ 47.55 KiB | Viewed 2257 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:16 pm 

Faked! Very obvious. :evil:

Tu te touche la nuit!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:26 pm 

Yeah, as the first posted on this thread. But I would try to understand what those peoples feel sending a fake on the net, showing something is not true and make believe others that is true. I think they are suffering of protagonism and this 'cause in their lives they have done nothing, but most of them get money for making those fakes, needed to discredit real sightings.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:33 pm 

I forgot one thing: I have now to express my apologies to the user who posted in this forum that beautiful image that I retouched to do the fake, and I hoipe he will not be angry with me. I hope he will understand it was for a good cause...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:18 pm 
Unregistered
I saw that thing yesterday in plane sight, at about 6:30 pm, hovering very slowly. I was watching airplanes in the sky leaving weird trails behind them that just seem to totally pollute our skies, when it caught my eye. It came from the south, and hovered very slowly over Provo city. I watched it go north until it was out of sight, that took about 15 min. At first it was just a metallic shine that was moving back and fourth from east to west, and north to south very subtly as it headed north bound. At one point it got to such a low altitude, when it was directly above me, that I could see a more defined shape. It was triangular shaped, with what seemed to be a tail, so it looked like a spade. I even saw what seemed to be exhaust coming from the tail, spiraling out as the craft spun on it's own axis.

I feel crazy.... And for some reason, I don't believe it was alien. Why does our government hide the truth from so many people?