UFOSeek Forum

Community for discussion of UFO, Paranormal and mysterious topics
It is currently Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:22 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:04 pm 

[url "http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=CvIAGAKBbEU"]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=CvIAGAKBbEU[/url] to consider if Haiti video is fake?
WHAT DO YOU THINK
___

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:41 am 

I think that is proof they were fake and made on a computer.
___

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:32 pm 
Unregistered
Yes I agree this is totally fake. When you see [b][i]real[/i][/b] UFO footage - or see a real UFO- you know in your gut that what you are seeing is real - the hairs on your neck stand up and you get an instinctive feeling about it. When I look at this Haiti 'footage' I just think [i]bad[/i] Hollywood. This footage is clever - I don't know how they did it - but it reeks fiction - maybe these second rate pranksters moonlight for Spielberg - what is it 'Dreamworks' or something?? I really loathe fakers. Wish they'd fake off.

What do these jokesters hope to achieve? Do they want money for their clever fake? An oscar? A pat on the back for the cleverest bit of useless fraud perpetrated this week? x NEXT!!
___

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 4:51 pm 

I went looking for some updates on the Haiti UFO video, and found the following. It's interesting to read the perspective of professional videographers and researchers have to say. One thing in particular is that we have a knee-jerk reaction to saying it's real, or it's not real, without any proof one way or the other. Even if it proves to be fake, there is much to learn as to [i]how[/i] it was done, in order to learn how to spot fakes more accurately in the future. All seem to agree that the technology today can really fool the average person, and that only 10% of any UFO video filmed is probably accurate. But then, that's a LOT of video footage.

See what you think of this analysis of what we have so far on the Haiti video in particular

[url "http//www.rense.com/general77/haiti.htm"]http//www.rense.com/general77/haiti.htm[/url]

Timbit
___

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:50 pm 

It's ceretainly a fact that the people who do this (if a fraud), and as you say research is the key. Help neither cause, the believers or the de-bunkers. Its a sad sign of the times and simply adds confusion to an already difficult subject.
Its sad that people sit and conjour up these images. But like those who sit in little dark rooms constructing viruses for computers... it will continue. All must step back and assess the images, source and format before falling on one side of the fence or the other. At the end of the day believers will still believe and sceptics will remain sceptical.
And like the boy who cried WOLF. people won't believe when it when one day it turns out to be the truth.
___

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 6:35 pm 
Unregistered
I agree we tend to have a quick reaction to whether or not we think a certain piece of footage is real or not. But how can we have proof one way or the other if we were not there at the time the footage was shot, thus able to verify the circumstances at the time? I'll bet my gut instinct any day against any piece of film analysis equipment in the world. And that's not 'cocky self righteousness'. If you've seen UFOs for real (and I have) you KNOW!!! - they have a certain [b]presence[/b] that no film can fake, the flying attitude and appearance of a real UFO in the sky cannot be faked, they do not pose so well for the camera, do not glide in such a way that pleases the small minds of pranksters. If I thought for one second there was any reality in this footage I would say it.

Funny how these frustrated movie makers love to concoct their little mini UFO trailers and throw them into the world and then say to people who doubt the veracity of the clips 'you prove it wrong'. Then the jokers sit back while serious people go to the laborious trouble of running analysis and scrutinising the pixels and slo-moing the footage and looking for joins, etc. Why is there never overwhelming evidence provided when these films are submitted, thus removing the possibility of anyone having the 'audacity' to say 'What, another sad fake?

I have seen alot of real UFO footage which has been backed up by scores of witnesses and been caught on more than one camera. This kind of footage reaches into your brain and connects to your guts in a way that cannot be faked. (Much of this has been captured in Mexico over the past ten years or so.)

I do not think fake UFO footage really serves any real purpose. As technology gets more sophisticated, the fakers will obviously concoct more and more sophisticated fake UFO films. But like all the fake Van Goghs and Picassos and Da Vincis out there, they are ultimately worthless.
___

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:21 pm 

You could very well be right, and no doubt even the most talented out there can be fooled, either the one making the fake video or the one analyzing it. For someone like me, I've never seen a UFO up close and personal so I can't identify with that gut feeling that you know you are seeing something real with no doubt about it. I get some pretty sharp impressions from some of the video's I've seen, and others, I can clearly see they are fakes.

One thing I've read is that anybody with something genuine doesn't go looking for publicity, and they tend to seek out assistance and help in determining what they've captured on film in discreet ways. Public forums and UTube would not be on the top of the list. On the other hand, it's hard to discredit anybody without knowledge of what to look for. I am always suspicious of how footage is presented, particularly if it's anonymous and there are no facts to back anything up.

I guess there will always be that element among us who get their jollies by putting fakes out there, just like the fake Picasso's of this world.

Tim
___

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:19 pm 

This is why we need talented people posting here -- people who can spot descrepancies that we - the normal viewing public - cannot do for certain.
___

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:31 pm 
Unregistered
True. Experts who are into the truth are handy allies. I guess I just get a trifle dismayed when I see a small faction putting so much effort into trying to hoodwink others. If this footage turns out to be real I will eat my tin hat (see pic on left.) See - I still got my sense of humour!! Ha ha - anyone got ketchup for that?

Apologies if I seemed somewhat high and mighty in ma last posting. I am no expert, just a person who's been around the world a wee bit (not by UFO!!) and seen 'stuff'. And I've known my share of fakers and I don't ever get their purpose.
But hey, despite encroaching cynicism, I am still a neophyte - . I'm down here to learn.
And okay yes I have to admit - the Haiti footage was good. But just...well....TOO damn good.
___

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 12:00 am 

When I see something in person, I just 'know' if it's real or not -- as someone else indicated earlier. There's a "gut" feeling that accompanies factual sightings. And sometimes I don't even have to be able to SEE something ... to know it's there.
___