UFOSeek Forum

Community for discussion of UFO, Paranormal and mysterious topics
It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:11 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: unkown light
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:43 pm 

It is hard to know if the two incidents are related. While strange the way your car was acting, without a mechanics assessment, my guess would be a glitch somewhere in the electronics.

As to the lights, it sounds like maybe meteor fragments. They can appear very bright, and break off into one or more pieces before disappearing. Wind, composition, difficulty in pinpointing trajectory, clouds, etc., can affect what you saw.

I saw a meteor a few years back, it lit up the sky and was close enough I could see a trail of sparks, and it cut a colourful path racing toward the earth. A piece came off it, and while the bigger piece continued off to the East, a smaller fragment flew over my truck, and dropped straight down.

A good rule of thumb when you see things you cannot be certain of what they are, is to record. Date, time, location in the sky, behaviour of the object. If you were to hold your thumb up to the sky, what proportion of your thumb would the object be, size wise. Train yourself to automatically look for lights and colours, shapes, etc.

I know the weed would not have changed the fact that something was certainly in the sky that night. But, perhaps if you had a 100% clear head with a faster reaction time, you would have observed more immediate detail. ;)

Another thing you might consider is , if you haven't already, is to do some checking through your local papers, check with neighbours, and any UFO groups in the area, or UFO Researchers who may be able to collaberate your sighting.

Good luck.