UFOSeek Forum

Community for discussion of UFO, Paranormal and mysterious topics
It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:10 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:11 am 

I just saw my first ufo, at least that is how I would describe it. I would have thought my eyes were playing tricks on me but my 12 year old son was there with me and saw the same thing.

We we're at the Grand Canyon at around 9:45 p.m in the mathers point amphitheater looking west for a comet that was supposed to be viewable. We couldn't find it so we were looking north and we saw a faint light that we assumed was a plane, but given the movement at first we thought it was a comet until it started azgging a bit. It was just barely east of directly north from where we were maybe 20 degrees above the north rim. At first very faint with steady easterly movement until it shifted directly westward faster than anything physically could and then it appeared closer, I still think it was very far north of the north rim, but instead of a faint light it turned into a very small isoceles triangle shape, then it did another zig zag then it went faint again and went up extremely fast to thirty degrees and stopped. I would not have believed my eyes and would have attributed it to staring and my eyes playing tricks on me but my son saw the exact same thing at the same times. Really cool, is area 51 north of the grand canyon? I wonder if it was this far away from us that we could see something from there that far away. Any ideas? First post, we did not know who to share this with. Thanks!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:15 am 

Mistyped, this sighting occurred tonight on March 15th 2013. Interested if anyone has heard of similar sightings ever or even reports of something similar tonight.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:50 am 

Area 51 is N/W of Las Vegas just West of Rachel, NV which is on The Extraterrestrial Highway (Highway 375) between Las Vegas and Tonopah, Nevada. You'll have to look at where that is, in relation to where you presently are. Did you get to see the Sky Walk, east of Kingman, AZ? I've never been to the Sky Walk, but I spent a night in Rachel, back in the 1990s, at a trailer at the Li'l Alien Inn in Rachel. There was a huge meteor shower, so we couldn't have been able to tell if we were watching meteors or UFOs. The shower was magnificent.

Rachel isn't much to look at... just a little Inn with homemade food and booze with a few trailers to rent if you're lucky enough to find one available. I've always wanted to go back, but it's never happened. Many people have seen wondrous things in the skies there, and I would guess the Grand Canyon would be a great spot to find some, too, if it's not cloudy or covered with chemtrails.

Happy Hunting!!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:54 am 

I went back to Rachel for the 2nd time, this past July, with an Area 51 Tour Bus full of MUFON (mutual UFO Network) enthusiasts. Two of our group work for the DoD... :roll: One bought a tie with Alien heads all over it, and the other bought a Lariat type tie that had a huge alien head on it. They both planned to wear them to work at the DoD on Monday, their first day back after their bucket list vacation tour to Area 51. Wish I could have been a fly on the wall when they walked in wearing those things! :mrgreen: Since they're both retiring at the end of this year, it's highly unlikely they would have been penalized. But I'm sure I'll never see them again, so I'll probably never know what the reactions were.

The trip was much nicer than driving it by myself - lots more fun to go with a group of people who are interested in the same agenda. They took us to the front gate instead of the back gate where I went in 1994. It was so amusing to see the guards call for "back-up" - 4 huge SUVs came from somewhere else on the base to help block the gate, once they saw this group of mostly over 60 years old, some disabled and in wheel chairs, walking/being pushed the 1/4 of a mile from where the bus parked up to the front gate. The best part of the trek was the gorgeous sunset off to the West.