UFOSeek Forum

Community for discussion of UFO, Paranormal and mysterious topics
It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:32 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Canberra sighting
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 11:09 am 
Unregistered
Hello all, I reported a sighting in Canberra back in 2001 in another site about a bright blue sphere sighted in the skies.
On 11/06/07 I witnessed a very clear light which I thought might be a planet, satellite, weather balloon or another object. The light was the brightest out of all the other stars. It was completely stationary for probably 2 minutes then it suddenly dimmed slowly and then quickly, in a nano-second moved to one side. At that point I saw what appeared to be 2 civilian or other aircraft fly past it. I want to know if anyone in the area also saw it too.

Date: 11/06/2007 6:45pm

Witness Direction: NW

Color/Shape: Very bright clear light

Correction: I would also like to add that the day after (12/06/2007) there was some activity which involved 2 army helicopters flying over the area from
9:36am continuing onwards to 4pm. My first thoughts was that it could be an exercise or probably some VIPs in town or something else, but I dont know. There were a few curious neighbours also wanting to know what was going on. However I contacted the department of defence by email to find out what it was all about and Im waiting for their reply.

Finally I recieved some information from the Sydney Observatory yesterday and a spokesperson quotes: "You are almost certainly looking at the planet Venus which is at it's very best right now. To confirm just point a pair of binoculars at it and you will notice it has a half moon shape. -Hope that helps." hmm, I'm not sure about that...
___

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 11:37 am 
Unregistered
Tweaked has some very blue pictures of blue spheres for you to look at ....
There was also one sighted from the tonga islands?is that in your nieghbourhood?
It was a hairy looking little booger...
bergle
___

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:26 pm 
Unregistered
Bergle, that would be great. If Tweaked has images of the blue sphers it would be facinating to see the comparison of my description and the images.

I remember that it was 8th November 2001 (summer) and the time was about 10:16 pm -this was in Canberra also. I viewed it to the NE direction in horizon. The sphere was moving to the east in the speed as a passenger jet. What I remember was that it seemed like it had a shiny surface to it. My first thoughts was that it was some sort of promotional balloon/blimp. I had called out to my brother who was inside watching tv to come take a look and he came to a conclusion that he also thinks that it was some sort of balloon.
And the strange thing about that is there have been no reports in the media, local radio or by other witnesses about blue sphere...
And I would also like to add that out of all the reported sightings of UFOs in canberra's history this one did not get a mention.
As I describe again the sphere was bright 'cool' blue, seemed like it had a shiny surface to it.
___

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 6:54 pm 

[reply]Bergle, that would be great. If Tweaked has images of the blue sphers it would be facinating to see the comparison of my description and the images.
.[/reply]

Here is the link to my Twango sites:

http://www.twango.com/channels
___