UFOSeek Forum

Community for discussion of UFO, Paranormal and mysterious topics
It is currently Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:02 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:21 pm 
Unregistered
Whitley Strieber has written:

____
"I have been receiving calls from various people, primarily the leaders of different local MUFON groups, asking me why I have said one nasty thing or another about them. One MUFON was concerned that I had been saying that their group "channeled." Another was upset that I had claimed that their group was a nest of "true believers."
[url "http://www.unknowncountry.com/journal/?id=10"]http://www.unknowncountry.com/journal/?id=10[/url]
___

Look at what someone is saying about him!
[url "http://www.createforum.com/universalsight/viewtopic.php?mforum=universalsight&t=443&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15&mforum=universalsight"]http://www.createforum.com/...forum=universalsight[/url]

They're saying he's threatened them and uses star people to threaten to kill, commit, and ensoul them in machinery!

He says if people cross him, they're very souls are damned.
___

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:01 am 

It is not surprising that the UFO community at large have their own politics, backroom deals, debunkers, incompetent individuals, and those that love the drama that goes with the backstabbing, misinformation, and ethical bankruptcy.

This statement in the post above by lotus

[quote]

The UFO community has attracted many marginal individuals, poorly educated and credulous people, people with mental problems, the paranoid and the congenitally vicious. That was true ten years ago and thirty years ago, and it is true now. The Internet has amplified these voices, but it has not changed the fact that they are as wrong and as wrong- headed as ever.
[/quote]

Why is it only the UFO community that has this unfortunate description. Let's subtitute another equally, but more respectable (perhaps, at least in the eyes of some) group.

[quote]

The American Psychiatric Association has attracted many marginal individuals, poorly educated and credulous people, people with mental problems, the paranoid and the congenitally vicious. That was true ten years ago and thirty years ago, and it is true now. The Internet has amplified these voices, but it has not changed the fact that they are as wrong and as wrong- headed as ever.
[/quote]

or how about this

[quote]

The Canadian Conservative Party has attracted many marginal individuals, poorly educated and credulous people, people with mental problems, the paranoid and the congenitally vicious. That was true ten years ago and thirty years ago, and it is true now. The Internet has amplified these voices, but it has not changed the fact that they are as wrong and as wrong- headed as ever.
[/quote]

Or this?

[quote]

The Pharmaceutical Industry has attracted many marginal individuals, poorly educated and credulous people, people with mental problems, the paranoid and the congenitally vicious. That was true ten years ago and thirty years ago, and it is true now. The Internet has amplified these voices, but it has not changed the fact that they are as wrong and as wrong- headed as ever.
[/quote]

Is there really a difference in [i]any[/i] group with any agenda, regardless of how credible they are perceived to be?

The only thing I really agree on is the fact that the collective traits in human beings are there in Whitley Strieber's world, just as they are in anybody elses world.

Timbit
___

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:25 am 
Unregistered
I agree, I don't think there's any more nuts in the field than anywhere else - it's a cross section - except for Strieber. He seems very afraid of his audience.
___

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:27 am 
Unregistered
Have you seen his resigning "Communion Newsletter Article?"

"from "The Communion Letter"
Whitley Strieber's cover letter from the Spring Issue, 1991; Volume 3, No. 1.
Dear Reader:
I would like to thank you for your patronage of the Communion Letter. Your subscription ends with this issue, and we are not taking new subscriptions or renewals. A list of available back issues is printed on the reverse of this letter for those who may be interested in collecting.
I had always intended to run the newsletter about two years, and that amount of time has now passed. During this period the Communion Letter has gained a large circulation and, I believe, published some remarkable articles.
But all good things must come to an end. I am not a UFO researcher and do not wish to endure the continued media attack that is associated with being involved in this field. In addition, the so-called "UFO-ologists" are probably the cruellest, nastiest and craziest people I have ever encountered. Their interpretation of the visitor experience is rubbish from beginning to end. The "abduction reports" that they generate are not real. They are artifacts of hypnosis and cultural conditioning.
What we are experiencing is a perceptual anomaly that is sufficiently ambiguous and intense that it demands explanation. It is something that human beings have been experiencing for a long time. It is the cause of religion, of mythology, of folklore. Presently it is the cause of the "alien abduction" belief.
What is *really* behind our experiences? We are. This is a human thing. However, I would also say that it indicates that we--and our world--are vastly different, and far more strange, than we have ever dreamed, or dared imagine.
With that I leave you."
Whitley Strieber -

From the start and the "cruelest, nastiest, and craziest people he's ever encountered."
Makes a person wonder if there's more to his story than star people.
___

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:35 am 

I think this is just another person with a really big head. [;)]

I remember his more humble beginnings when he was, as many of our forum members here, afraid for his life, abandoned by mainstream psychiatrists, his friends, and had his entire world turned upside down by forces beyond his control. I should think that had these events happened to him now, I'd recommend he read TT96's account among others, to salvage some sanity to carry on with what he is forced to deal with.

The internet in my humble opinion, like it or not, is helpful for those facing very real experiences for which there are few available resources.

Thank God again for this place.

Tim
___

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:09 am 

Well, I guess in the end we will have to dig within ourselves instead of being sucked in by the slick hustlers that have been around since the beginning of time. All I ask is for the ones that trully understand or even closely regard facts worth passing on have a place to do it. For the marketers and people with an agenda other than truth for their fellow human beings I have nothing but contempt and disregard equaling this present USA Bush regime. I seek the truth, I regard all equally until completely abandonded into the trash bin of life. I feel hatred for the smart asses that fabricate a situation without regard as to peoples true perceptions. I sympothise with the individuals that sign on or whatever they have to do to get truth. I remain a soul or whatever with respect for all . Bless all and peace and knowlage. I vote for truth and nothing else should substitute. I see a lot of agendas and marketing explorations no matter where I look. Time to end that crap and be honest with ourselves - - and all.

they got a spell check on this thing ?? LOL Found the spell check and it sucks like a republican
___

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:16 am 

I like the way you think uncled. And I agree with you, hustlers have been around since time began; as long as there is an opportunity, there are those hell bent on exploiting it.

As far as the spell check thing goes, at the bottom, just hit 'check spelling', and it will open a window above your post with the errors noted. Then you just click on the word that's underlined and it will open a box with the correct spelling. It doesn't always have the word you're looking for though.

Tim
___

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:39 am 

hell, I don't even like the way I think :-) Had help this evening tho with some CA five star. I do want truth and I am an old fart that has been throgh some things and don't need foo faw and bullshit. I respect a person wanting to make a buck, but never at the expense of a persons grasp on basic truth. I have extreme objections to some religions and beliefs but would never ever intrude and disuade an individuals thoughts. Some people obviously have a disregard for the individual and will do or say anything to make a buck. Or a website hit :-) We've all witnessed it :-) peace and goodnight
___

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:28 am 

I think long-time UFO writers often get sucked into their own fantasies. They're always being prodded to write something "fresh" and to continue to make a living. I'm not saying ALL UFO reserchers/experiencers are like this, but I have a got feeling that some have fallen prey to their own stuff.
___

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:12 pm 
Unregistered
Someone on his board was told they could be "shot in the street like a UFO nut."

That's horrible - imagine a ufo researcher who says he's not a ufo researcher, threatening to kill a person, simply because they might interfere with his paycheck or hegemony!

Money and power have ended his investigation -- not alien amnesia - not the mind control he claims was in his childhood -selective bribery, death threats and blackmail all plain as day!

Wouldn't that be a surprise if that was the ufology corner from which so much of the ridicule for abductees originates - somehow, he seems to use the association to promulgate some kind of watered down Strughold experiment on children ethos.

Strieber has said - the "government people" at his "pentagon psychic cabin auditions"
who were downloaded are secret government Nazis.

Sounds moire like they only failed the audition but admitting that doesn't fit into his need to use the subject matter for ulterior motives.
___

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next