UFOSeek Forum

Community for discussion of UFO, Paranormal and mysterious topics
It is currently Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:21 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 7:25 am 

I find it both disturbing and disheartening to find so much debunking on the web.

I guess the idea of alien folks from other parts of the universe is not something many people want to consider possible...they seem to have enough trouble dealing with the neighbors down the street and their workmates at their place of employment.

Something far beyond what we are accustom is a fearful consideration to many and they defend their position by debunking that which they fear most.

If we have this much trouble with the integration of different colored folks I can only imagine the hysteria aliens would cause.

But at the same time where does this leave those who have encountered ET?

They are described as people with vivid imaginations and or delusional.

But what else is new.....is there anything everyone would or could agree on?

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 2:32 pm 

Timbit wrote:
GREAT post, I love that.

So very, very true.

Tim
Yes and I love it too.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:14 pm 

A skeptic some say, is someone looking to be convinced and who wants to be convinced. But wait a second, the skeptics are skeptical to start with, which makes them bias before we have even begun our search.

So how do you convince someone who wants to be skeptical? You cannot.

But then again that is part of the plan, to make the people who have evidence and those who believe look like a bunch of crazies who aren't worth giving a second thought to.

I don't like the term skeptic because it's misleading. A skeptic in my opininon, at least the vast majority of skeptics, are no different than debunkers. It just so happens that debunkers are a bit more vocal, but the skeptics are often of the same viewpoints.

It's like Michael Shermer, leader of the skeptic warriors. He says that anyone who thinks 9/11 was an inside job is no different than anyone who thinks the holocaust was a hoax. Well...that's one way to scare a lot of people away from the truth.

Of course, they are two completely different subjects. So it would seem Shermer has an agenda to suit, mainly his bank balance, if not something more sinister.

The skeptic culture has been marketed as intellectual, fashionable and cool. Plus, it makes a lot of money, lots of cash to be earned calling valid people with amazing stories liars. Oh yes.

So actually, there's very little difference between a skeptic and a debunker. Both are bias from the start and most have some form of agenda to stick to, be that anything from money all the way to global control.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:36 am 

Skeptics are skeptical of just about everything, from the security of paypal to ET and beyond.

Meanwhile the main stream media reports the US economy is recovering and inflation is no where to be found and the skeptic believes this story simply because it was reported by the main stream media to be true. But where is the proof? There is no proof to prove this alleged situation to be anywhere close to the truth.

And those who do insist on reporting the truth and asking hard questions are suggested to be a threat to national security...such as some of the opinions expressed on Fox news.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:03 am 

That's a good point, David.

Why is it that the skeptics believe any old rubbish when it comes from an official figure, but they won't believe the most basic of truths when it comes from a non-official figue?

Skepticism is profitable, of course it is, because it has been engineered to be. That way it keeps people in the dark, but such a fact would suggest that many skeptics are actually in disguise. What about the so called skeptics who are freemasons?

Skepticism is a big plus for the bad guys, so I'm finding it hard to believe that people like Dawkins, Shermer, Randi, etc, aren't more involved in the agenda than we think they are. Dawkins is most definitely involved, he is largely responsible for dehumanizing and degrading the population.

Just actually how involved these guys are, remains to be seen....but I suggest they are most definitely involved.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:38 pm 

Having lived with a True Skeptic for over 18 years, I believe skepticism first comes from believing what your parents think, then believing what teachers, professors, and the people you work with think, and finally being totally afraid of anything around you, or that people you don't know well enough to respect do, say, or even try to show you - possibilities that don't coincide with what you want to believe is absolutely true. My Howie might have a different opinion had be been exposed, 40+ years ago, to other possibilities, but now (in his late 70s) he can't change what he wants to believe, because fear of the unknown is just something else he doesn't want to deal with...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:34 am 

Tweaked wrote:
Having lived with a True Skeptic for over 18 years, I believe skepticism first comes from believing what your parents think, then believing what teachers, professors, and the people you work with think, and finally being totally afraid of anything around you, or that people you don't know well enough to respect do, say, or even try to show you - possibilities that don't coincide with what you want to believe is absolutely true. My Howie might have a different opinion had be been exposed, 40+ years ago, to other possibilities, but now (in his late 70s) he can't change what he wants to believe, because fear of the unknown is just something else he doesn't want to deal with...

Yes and who can blame Howie for how is life has made him think.There is comfortability when one gets older thinking in a certain line.Its all good.Experiences change a person depending on the experience it can make one better or worse as a human beings.So as long as know one is getting hurt with how others are acting on there line all is always good.And lets face it if Howie was not how he is he may never have taken you out for that Prime Rib dinner .Because what if he decided years ago he wanted to be a vegatarian you wonderful women you.Have a great day peace to you and your family always.:}

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:55 pm 

Tweaked, I think it just depends on the individual more than anything else.

Of course hanging round with skeptics and being taught by hardcore skeptics will have it's effects, but if a person is willing to see and hear for themselves and aren't afraid to make waves, if the need arises, then a person should be capable of deciding their position all by themselves.

To say one is skeptically without moving out of the house implies a bias. Surely open mindedness would be a more appropriate title. Skeptic implies a strong will to avoid that that doesn't fit with their world view.

Surely we still have free will. With the exception of certain cirucmstances, free will is what even the prisoners and the hostages have, everyone can honestly and clearly decide for themselves.

Regardless of teachers or parents' views, we can all see what we see, and judge it accordingly.

I was taught by skeptics, but at a catholic school. I mean, that's a joke in itself. A catholic school that has it's science teachers teach the theory of Darwinian evolution to people who believe in God. It just shows who's under the thumb and that they really are in it together.

Norm, or social acceptance is where the problem lies. Saying you are skeptic just to fit and not create waves is pointless.

I have a lot of respect for those who stand strong by their beliefs, so long as they don't impose any harm or hindrance on others. Of course, as we progress through life we discover and learn new things and our views are constantly changing, which is most definitley a good thing.

But too many people in this world fold, just to fit in. And for reasons they don't clearly understand.