UFOSeek Forum

Community for discussion of UFO, Paranormal and mysterious topics
It is currently Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:37 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:05 am 

Yes Tweaked, little people and very clever little people at that. I mean when you think about it, is there not an advantage to being someone who isn't supposed to exist or is said not to exist other than in the imaginative minds of children.

I mean, what if every time someone said they saw you everyone else would say they were hallucinating? And then clubs were formed to investigate your possible existence, but after decades of study no one knew anymore than when they started.

No taxes to pay, wow! That's a pretty good start.

It sounds silly I know, but that's because it is silly if not nuts.

Many people believe everyone else is just like them, so anyone who is different either doesn't exist or they have something wrong with them. It's all part of the same package.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:06 am 
Unregistered
A skeptic allows for the possibility of UFO's. A debunker has a manic agenda to convince others that UFO's do not exist.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:45 am 

How true.

Tim

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:59 am 

Prop wrote:
A skeptic allows for the possibility of UFO's. A debunker has a manic agenda to convince others that UFO's do not exist.

I just met one of these the other day and he might not even exist...if what he said is true I too might simply be the figment of my own imagination.

And I thought I was a real person.......strange world we live in.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:02 pm 

david barclay wrote:
Prop wrote:

I just met one of these the other day and he might not even exist...if what he said is true I too might simply be the figment of my own imagination.

And I thought I was a real person.......strange world we live in.
The world is not strange it is the humans on it.There the strange ones.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:31 pm 

So true... so true!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:41 am 

Yes, it is the people.

I really can't quite believe or understand how someone with a little authority can change the perception of others so easily.

It kind of pulls the rug out from under your feet and leaves you gasping in disbelief.

No wonder so many people get away with so much.

If you have enough people telling others that this and that doesn't exist or this or that is not possible and so on and follow it up with a suggestion that those who do view such things as possible are delusional it is amazing how quickly people fall into line.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:55 am 

david barclay wrote:
Yes, it is the people.

I really can't quite believe or understand how someone with a little authority can change the perception of others so easily.

It kind of pulls the rug out from under your feet and leaves you gasping in disbelief.

No wonder so many people get away with so much.

If you have enough people telling others that this and that doesn't exist or this or that is not possible and so on and follow it up with a suggestion that those who do view such things as possible are delusional it is amazing how quickly people fall into line.
There are almost 2 billion Muslims in the world .And over 2 billion Christians. And then all the other small groups.It does take time but those billions of Christians took 2000 years or so to get to 2 billion.Not to take anything away from christanity or any other faith. I have my own belief system.But someone is believing allot of stories and have many that follow.And if you pick one of the 2 top faiths in the world.Or the many others .There are allot of people wrong.

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 2:05 am 

Theres a good quote here on cynicism vs scepticism:
Quote:
"I propose that true skepticism is called for today: neither the gullible acceptance of true belief nor the closed-minded rejection of the scoffer masquerading as the skeptic.
One should be skeptical of both the believers and the scoffers. The negative claims of pseudo-skeptics who offer facile explanations must themselves be subject to criticism. If a competent witness reports having seen something tens of degrees of arc in size (as happens) and the scoffer -- who of course was not there -- offers Venus or a high altitude weather balloon as an explanation, the requirement of extraordinary proof for an extraordinary claim falls on the proffered negative claim as well. That kind of approach is also pseudo-science. Moreover just being a scientist confers neither necessary expertise nor sufficient knowledge.
Any scientist who has not read a few serious books and articles presenting actual UFO evidence should out of intellectual honesty refrain from making scientific pronouncements. To look at the evidence and go away unconvinced is one thing. To not look at the evidence and be convinced against it nonetheless is another. That is not science."
Bernard Haisch, astrophysicist.

Cheers.

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 3:35 am 

GREAT post, I love that.

So very, very true.

Tim

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next