UFOSeek Forum

Community for discussion of UFO, Paranormal and mysterious topics
It is currently Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:17 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:21 am 

Well at begining i feel that on ufology was already writen everything possible, and another book will dont change anything, but maybe i was wrong because already have few original theories and still continue.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:54 am 

I am sorry; but I am unable to visit the link you posted. Well, I don't think someone is crazy because he believes in something, even if it is UFOs. I just feel that people who force their beliefs on others are crazy. I don't think this guy has to be certified as crazy just because he believes in something that others cannot believe in.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:47 am 

Educating someone about the facts of something, and forcing your personal beliefs about it upon someone, are two different acts. Discussions are fair; calling someone stupid because they don't believe in something, is an act of aggression. Some people believe differently than others; the world has always been like this, and I don't see it changing.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:59 am 

Some would choose the word delusional to describe those who claim to have seen, observed or had contact with extraterrestrial intelligence and their craft.

That same word is used to describe anyone who happens to experience an unacceptable experience....beyond the accepted norm.

Sure, some people are delusional, very much so, but it takes even a professional some time to determine whether one is or isn't delusional. It's not something that can be ascertained on the basis of a biased opinion.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:21 am 

I've known some professionals who are either delusional or deliberately cunning... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:32 am 

The question of...do you believe in aliens or not? I find quite silly..the answer i always give is of course i do.

I find it quite funny when a person says.."oh i don't believe in aliens, don't believe in that nonsense."

It's a bit like saying you don't believe in yourself..it's like saying you don't believe in humans.

We're aliens to others..so that makes everyone an alien..depending on perspective of course.

The more acceptable and sensible question in my opinion is..if they are currently visiting this planet. And if you do impartial research into the subject with an open mind..you will find the evidence is overwhelming...and wonder how you ever missed it.

Peace, Caper.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:23 pm 

Caper, some people can't understand why I don't believe in Jesus the way they do; why I don't think God sits on a throne behind a huge wall with a pearly gate, and has Saint Peter guarding the gate and checking to see if your name appears in the Book of Life before you're allowed to enter and walk upon the street of gold and hear the hundreds of thousands of angels singing... These people (or at least some of them) claim they have seen these things...

Well, I haven't seen them; these were "stories" told to me when I was a child, and I was expected to BELIEVE these stories for the rest of my life - take them on Faith - or else I'll go to Hell and burn forever when I die.

Yet these same people who taught (and some who still believe in, and teach these fairytales) can't believe ME when I say to them, "There are people from other worlds and other dimensions who travel in space ships, can walk through walls, can touch anyone of us and change us forever, if they so choose..."

No! I'm either being influenced by the Devil, who is The Great Deceiver, or I'm just crazy.

Yet, I know what I have seen, and it was aliens and ships - not Jesus, God, St. Peter and hundreds of thousands of angels singing.

So how is it that some people see one thing, and some of us see the other?

Do you suppose some of us are born with different spiritual genes?

There was an article written a few months ago in a journal dealing with the human genome, and it said (in essence) that some people are born to be Conservatives, and some are born to be Liberals, and that this is why a household of Democrats can spawn a child who becomes a Republican when he/she gets old enough to vote. It also related this odd occurrence to the straight families who are conservatives, yet have a child who is homosexual and democratic, and visa versa.

So... who is to say whether when I see aliens, what I'm seeing is correct; or are those other people who are seeing God and Jesus - are they are correct. And could we BOTH be correct? Could we each be programmed to perceive reality so differently from each other?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:53 pm 

Tweaked, i believe the Universe to be infinite, so that means infintite anything and everything you can think of...and a bit more.

Infinity..a mind bender for sure. Unfathomable for most infact, as we're used to thinking in finite terms too much.

What i wonder is, Tweaked, how many would say they have seen or met Jesus or Satan etc, if we hadn't even heard about them and the bible didn't exist?

There's something in it though..it's based on real stuff..i'm sure. But the Catholic church has edited the text heavily and altered it to suit it's own agenda.

The Hindus have red skinned gods portrayed in texts. And satan is often depicted as being red. A similarity to note down. There are also horned gods and deities in many religions and cultures.

The Hopi have Pahana...lost white brother of the East. Pahana sounds very similar to jesus. The Aztecs and mayans also have tales of lost white brothers..from the East too.

So..there's a connection, that's for sure. And the whole jesus satan thing is based on factual stuff..but heavily taken out of context.

Looking back on demonic possesions reported in England from the 1800's onwards..im of the opinion that some of these may have been Misunderstood ET encounters.

Keeping in mind that anything in those days that wasn't understood or oberservable in conventional ways was thought to be the work of the devil or a demon. So imagine a night time visit from ET..that would surely go down as demon acitivty.

Peace, Caper.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:46 am 

The Church has always used fear and the promise of reward to scare people into toeing the line... My own family thought that I was "the Devil's child" because of my abilities when I was young. I learned to keep what I heard and what I saw to myself.

IF we had no Church, and therefore had not been programmed to think of Devils and Angels, then I presume we would base what we see on how we're treated by the Beings. Some of us would have good experiences, and others would have negative experiences, which would then be programmed into our children and passed down through the generations as good or bad, depending...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:31 pm 

Indeed, Tweaked.

The church is a fear factory..do good stuff and end up at the pearly gates they say, but if you do bad stuff or don't believe in Christ you're heading straight for the fire & brimstone, eh.

So those priests that abuse children..i wonder where they think they are heading then. Maybe they think a confession can clear everything up.

There is an awful lot of people who believe in Christ just to save themseleves from Hell..but hang on a minute. That's how the whole religion is sold, isn't it. If you're not with us then you're against us mentality..and you're a sinner.

Negative and positive is right on, Tweaked. Those two will always exist..and i believe we need both of them to exist in order for anything to exist at all. I also believe we go through infinite alternating cycles where one is more dominate than other for set periods of time.

Peace, Caper.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next