UFOSeek Forum

Community for discussion of UFO, Paranormal and mysterious topics
It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:26 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:20 pm 

I am a christian and I have always felt that it was kind of selfish to think that we are the only ones in the universe. I mean couldn't God have created other planets with life on them? I'm just curious what anyone else has to say. BTW please be respectful.
================

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:23 pm 

Christianity has nothing to do with what you believe.

Christianity may tell you that you are a 'sinner' and christianity may define what you should or should not believe, but you have the choice whether to believe you are a sinner, yourself.

You ask for respect in reply to your post, yet you are quite disrespectful yourself in your opinion of abductees who attend UFO confrences in order to make money telling tales to the gullible public.

Don't so-called 'Christians' have some rule about not judging others?

Anyway, I'm sure there are many who would, and have, and will continue to have a vested interest in having their 'flock' not think outside the Christian sin box. Sinners carry a lot of guilt around for even thinking that what they are taught is a sin, may not be.

Timbit

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:51 pm 

it is not a sin at all to believe into aliens.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:37 am 

nikisha wrote:
I am a christian and I have always felt that it was kind of selfish to think that we are the only ones in the universe. I mean couldn't God have created other planets with life on them? I'm just curious what anyone else has to say. BTW please be respectful.
================

One might ask if it is a sin to incite murder and war? Ordinarily I wouldn't do so, and disrespect your beliefs; however, I am an Atheist, and since you do not deem it necessary to accord others the respect that you demand, let me remind you of who said this:

Quote:
Kill Men, Women, and Children
"Then I heard the LORD say to the other men, "Follow him through the city and kill everyone whose forehead is not marked. Show no mercy; have no pity! Kill them all – old and young, girls and women and little children. But do not touch anyone with the mark. Begin your task right here at the Temple." So they began by killing the seventy leaders. "Defile the Temple!" the LORD commanded. "Fill its courtyards with the bodies of those you kill! Go!" So they went throughout the city and did as they were told." (Ezekiel 9:5-7 NLT)

So, when you talk of sin, you will forgive those of us who curl their lips in contempt at such a silly notion as to believe that to believe in other life-forms, other worlds, and other cultures Alien to our planet would constitute an act of sin.

Don't you know that Science has just announced that there are other universes beyond ours, and also that there are parallel universes? (See link).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/horizon/20 ... luni.shtml

It is arrogant beyond belief, in my view, to think that our species is unique, or that our world is 'special.' You need to study the real statistics of our galaxy and universe; and, if you put the notion of 'sin' behind you when it comes to educating yourself about your environment and surroundings, you may actually begin to mature, and grow and evolve, spiritually.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:41 am 

Well said, and thank you for your thoughtful post.

Tim

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:35 pm 

Thank you Timbit. :)

For various reasons I haven't been around the boards here in a while... but I plan on changing that now. I have missed the site, and the diverse topics and opinions, etc. It's good to be back. :)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:17 am 

:evil: You think it's a sin just because there happens to be other types of beings ,no it should not be a sin you do believe in lions ,goats and other animals right ? now do you think it's a sin cause you believe in animals .

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:05 am 

Just checking out the advertisement for the Gospel Mission a few posts above and it looks like they serve some pretty good meals there or is that just for Christmas....Makes me hungry looking at that picture. :lol:

Uh oh, now it's gone and a new advertisement is up, one about getting the stains out.

So, does the Gospel Mission in part sponsor this site? If they do we are blessed indeed to have them serving such wholesome meals. So where do I line up for the turkey?

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 5:40 am 

I am from INDIA (Punjab) in our Guru Granth Sahib Ji (holly book) say's there are thousand of sun & hundred of Earth are her in universe made GOD this is written in near 1400 century & today we see all that they say is true so if there are several earth like planet are available then all possibility any type of life are live in there.In my word's i am always believe we are not alone in this big-big universe.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:16 am 

I have to agree with you. That's true they always saying there are few planets similar to Earth. I belive there more then just a human kind. How you explain the Roswell, flying saucers, weird objects on the sky?