UFOSeek Forum

Community for discussion of UFO, Paranormal and mysterious topics
It is currently Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:21 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:35 am 

most of you who have read my posts are aware that my folks are not very flexible on the subject of my possible experiences, right? Well, I really need to find out what's going on with me, so I've come up with a compromise. They're worried about my mental health, so I would propose that I have tests or scans or whatever done to find out if I am psychotic, or at risk. If not, then I want to go to a hypnotherapist. Do you think this will work? Is it a good idea? Not only would it be a good way to convince my parents to undergo regression (because I'm sure I'm not psychotic), it would help eliminate the other possible explanations for my experiences.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:50 am 

Naruana, can you convince your parents to allow you to go to a hypnotherapist FIRST... someone who has dealt with UFO contactees previously, and who can be objective, either way it turns out?

It would be a lot SAFER for your FUTURE... medical records and insurance company records stay to haunt us FOREVER, now in this Computer Age... and there's no point in being tested for something you're already pretty sure you don't have, when there's a GOOD possibility you're as normal as most of the rest of us!

Honey, I am concerned that if your medical records reflect that you're having aberrant thoughts patterns, and your parents are concerned enough to have you medically evaluated, it could prevent you from getting the future education you want, the future jobs you should have, and meeting/marrying one day someone who is destined to love you unconditionally.

NOTHING seems to remain "private" anymore, and now employers and private detectives are gaining access to far too much; it's just going to get worse in the future years. I'd hate to see your medical records REFLECT abberant behavior testings at your tender age, when we're all pretty sure you've had contact because you're SENSITIVE--not sick.

Timbit has degrees in the abberant behaviors field, and perhaps Timbit will be good enough to weigh in on my fears about this first method of elimination of causes.. I'll private message her, and have her come back to this thread with her opinions, okay? She may be at work already tonight, so check back tomorrow, first thing, if you don't see a post from her before you shut down your computer for the night.

If you let me know what city you're closest to (a major city) I have a good friend who is just such a person; she networks with lots of other hypnotherapists across the U.S. Perhaps she can recommend someone in your area, but I need to get an idea of where you are before I contact Barbara Lamb.

The regressionist will probably be less expensive, too--medical tests cost your insurance company BIG MONEY, and the co-payments your parents will have to make aren't cheap, either.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:25 am 

Can I convince them? I don't know. I can try, but I'm not optimistic about it. Thanks for your concern, I hadn't thought of that. I'd appreciate it if Timbit could do that. I'm near Milwaukee, WI.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:46 am 

Hang in there, Naruana... I'm going to put a call in for Barbara Lamb tonight (she may be traveling, so I don't always get an immediate response), and I have another option, too--a group of U.S. psychotherapists who work with abduction victims, who are part of a group in a Texas-based organization. I'll e-mail the Secretary/Treasurer, and see if she has someone listed for the Milwaukee area. I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:39 pm 

Thanks. I really appreciate all the help.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:24 am 

Hi Naruana,

I have sent you a pm, and I apologize for not responding sooner. It's been a crazy week.

Tim

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:24 am 

I got it, no problem. thanks

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:32 am 
Unregistered
Sorry I'm coming into this a bit late, since the original post was in Jan.

Anyway, it sounds to me like you are a classic abductee, so many of the things that you've talked about sound a lot like my own experiences - including th feeling of searching for something but never quite knowing what it is or why you can't find it.

My father and 2 brothers have all told me of things/people etc that they remember seeing when they were younger and it's fairly clear to me that my family is being targetted for abduction - how many have been abducted and over how many generations, I don't know, but they do say that these things run in families - perhaps it's easier for them to work with certain DNA patterns..who knows? Anyway, it wasn;t until I brought the subject up that my family told me of their experiences, it's funny sometimes how we keep things to ourselves to protect others or to not look stupid in front of others.

ps. Tweaked, you said that things suddenly started happening to you again at 21, I have been wondering how many other abductees have noticed this too i.e. is it a trend? I don't recall any abductions as a child, but I always had feelings like people were in the room with me etc. however, my brothers told me of things that happened during their childhood (we're only 2 and 3 years apart) and it seems unlikley to me that nothing was done to me too - but as I say I have no recollection of this if it did).

As I was saying, my first conscious experience rather than memory of abduction was when I was 21, my eldest brother also ahd an encounter whilst he was driving (again aged 21), so although the whole 21 years of age thing may be a coincidence, it does seem to link up a bit - maybe that's when we're truely mature - bodywise at least.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:08 am 

I was told They intended to re-contact me at 18 ... but I abruptly disappeared! (lol) I had no plans to do that--I was given a chance to come to California as a graduation gift, and had 3 days to pack and leave Indiana. I just never returned, so it took them three years and many orbits of Earth to pick up my "vibration" (I presume they meant an implant). They found me in April 1967.

I think (personally) that most contactees are approached with they're very young--somewhere between 1 and 5. That's when we're the least programmed by parental guidence, and the most naturally psychic. I could be wrong about this, or perhaps it's the group with whom I share the most contact who follow this pattern with their contactees.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:05 am 

kelemvor, thanks for your post. It's always fascinating to me when people report similar experiences, especially ones that seem so odd to me like the searching feeling. I, so far, do not have any conscious memories of an abduction (unless they're in the form of dreams), I can only remember before and after, so it's often easy for my "logical" side to tell me that I'm delusional, nothing's happened. But whenever I have people tell me that my experiences sound similar to theirs, it helps reaffirm my belief that I have been abducted, which I suppose is a good thing because if not then I'd have to think I'm crazy.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next