UFOSeek Forum

Community for discussion of UFO, Paranormal and mysterious topics
It is currently Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:17 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:46 pm 

This explains quite nicely how, so called professionals, can lump thousands of people's abduction experiences into one simple explanation.

Note the personal pet peeve of mine, where questions for study include the biased approach that abductees also have a tendancy to believe in the paranormal, have psychological detachment issues, and physical undertones such as sleep paralysis. All characteristics that fit quite nicely into a neat little package to explain......well, everything! lol

Are we ever going to get out of the starting gate with mainstream media?

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales ... _page.html

Tim

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:27 pm 

Timbit wrote:

Are we ever going to get out of the starting gate with mainstream media?

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales ... _page.html

Tim

NOT until there's a MASS SHOWING of ghosts or UFOs all over the world at the same time...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:58 pm 

I read a while back about psychiatry not being an exact science; how can it be. It stuck me odd that the theories in that article are based on theories that are also, unexplained.

Yet, that will be the benchmark of determining truth about abductions.

Much like swamp gas, weather baloons and chinese lanterns, so too will abduction encounters be explained away as sleep paralysis, dissociative states, and belief systems.

Tim

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:00 pm 

So much for science and scientists.........I actually had a government astronomer say this to me; "if you can make it rain on demand I'll consider what you are saying." Make it do what?

"Rain" he said.....This is in 1971 in Canada.

So, how credible is this scientist? Who is the one with the problem? It looks like the scientists, psychologists, psychatrists and politicians are the one's who may be in need of therapy and or some good meds.

We had been discussing signals from space and he said he could run a test on that and I said, okay lets do it.......uh oh, that was not the answer he was looking for, because I was supposed to say no way and run for the door.

It's a jungle out there.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:15 am 

What about the things we see? Is that a hallucination?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:27 am 

So in this article 2 people are right and the 1000's worldwide that they speak about are wrong? No wonder people never talk much about what they see. What's the point?

Well I can tell you that I don't have sleep paralysis. I may have one recent memory of an OOBE where I was sleeping strangely....stifflike... but I don't have sleep paralysis.

I don't feel that I have a clinical problem with dissassociation either.

I've held employment where they do psych testing and it is very thorough. The psych told me that she noticed that I was a little defensive... which I still am... as you can obviously read me being defensive right now.

This article has got me nothing more than upset and angry. I feel it is just a way the media likes people... brain washed so we are in a minority and help prevent us speaking out about things. :x

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:46 am 

I would say that most have the same attitude as far as there being causal effect between abduction and mental illness. That so-called 'professionals' confirm that, only deepens the already public perception of abduction.

It saddens me that Dr. Macks work has not at least, allowed for the possibility that the status uo just might be wrong.

To accept abduction is to accept that ET exists, and that is to accept that UFO's in our skies are actually flown with intelligent beings not of this earth.

I think as maddening and frustrating as the type of thinking in the article is, the truth is with our abductees, and we all suffer by not giving them the credibility they deserve.

Tim

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:31 am 

I think there are three kinds of objects: those powered by beings, those controlled by beings, and those that are beings unto themselves--like the plasma-appearing spheres.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:07 pm 

I don't want be offensice to anybody, but: when you will see a picture of someone with holes, or other on his/her body, don't believe is done by aliens... they don't need to do it, 'cause they have other ways and very sophisticated devices. What you see is again a man's work. As on the planet there are not sophisticated ways or devices, many peoples do in that way, giving the fault to aliens...is not in your mind, but simply in a state of confusion given so you wuill never understand where it come from and surely you will think from alien...

They can send very little pieces into your head wirhout using devices or giving pains or "opening heads"...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:10 am 

I think these professionals in the article have that common mental illness called UFO Denial Syndrome.

;)