UFOSeek Forum

Community for discussion of UFO, Paranormal and mysterious topics
It is currently Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:14 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: A Dream?
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 12:42 am 
Unregistered
This is the first time I've posted this and I have only told two people about this.

I had a dream when I was a child, but...

I now believe that what I saw as a child was a grey.

When I was about 8 or 9 I had a nightmare/dream. I was asleep lying on my left side on my twin bed. Something woke me up. I had that same feeling you get when someone is waking you up, like "what's going on? Is it time to go to school?". But when I woke up in the middle of the night, there was a face in my face. Only about a foot away! Now any face will scare you, but this was what I thought was a huge skull. The whole dream only lasted about 1 sec. In my dream I woke up, saw this big skull, started to scream and woke up- again...this time when I woke up it was morning. I was alone and puzzled. I went out to the kitchen and told my mom about my nightmare saying "I had a nightmnare that I woke up in the middle of the night and there was a skinny dwarf skeleton with a head way too big for its body standing next to my bed!" That was it.

Years and years went by and that dream was always my worse nightmare. A vivid dream. If I could describe the "Skull" I would say that it seemed white with two huge black holes for eyes. The mouth and nose area however did not seem skeleton-like, but simple unremarkable.

About 10 years after this happened the book Communion came out. On the cover was a pic of a grey. This was the first time I pondered if my strange dream (where I felt awake) was connected to aliens. But the pic was pretty far off. The head was way too small and I didn't remember the eyes of my skeleton's dwarf head being football shaped. I read the book and Whitney even said that the pic was wrong and that the head was bigger.

Again years and years go by. I'm intrested in UFO's and Aliens but that's about it.

until...you tube

Check out the Area 51 Alien interview.
If that's a fake...they nailed it. That alien looks just like my "Skinny dwarf skeleton with a head way too big for it's body". There were things in that video that I had forgotten about my dream. Like the jaw area. When I saw that video it felt like someone poured cold water over my head.

There may be several types of greys if this is true. The way I see it now is if there is ever a disclosure and it comes out that these things are real and that they have come into peoples homes...then I'm going on record saying: They visited me

Ok, I feel better. Can anyone relate???
___

Post subject: Re: [Zur] A Dream?
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:36 pm 

You would think that memory would decrease with time, but rather, in adults (including me) things that had happened somehow manage to work themselves up to the surface. There seems to be something common among people who have been abducted, having for the most part, supressed memory of the event, with the exception of knowing [i]something[/i] happened, and fragmented memory starts to come together and paint a picture. Also interesting to note that when this journey of understanding starts to happen, clues and other people's experiences add to the understanding, and opens up and solidifies the experience. It is now more than just a question of whether or not it happened at all.

I wonder about the theory too of lucid dreaming. I think that might be where the memory is made in the first place. It is during that time between being in an active dream state and coming 'to' that allows for [u]that[/u] memory at all. Had the unconscious state been artificially suppressed to such a degree to prevent awakening, yet the natural body function regained its awareness, you would have had that partial recall. If you had been returned and never woke up, you may not ever have had any recall at all. Just a theory, but it seems that many experience similar memory only of the return, or the part being taken. Being startled awake by being dropped onto the bed, floating to the bedroom, awakening in a confused state in another location, witnessing strong lights entering the room. Sometimes there is that spark of awareness, before and after the abduction has concluded.

Maybe because the lucid dream state exists, it has a [i]new purpose[/i] of allowing us that glimpse into our memory of an abduction. That state is perhaps not a be-all or catch-all for explaining away why abduction memory [i]isn't just a dream[/i], simply because the memory is there during the time that occurrs. Maybe writing off abduction experiences as dreams because it is at that same time consiousness occurrs, is just an easy out for an explanation?

I think sometimes its like being in an induced sleep. How many times have we heard of people coming 'to' during medical proceedures. Somehow there was an error made in the assessment of calculating how long a person would be 'out'. Maybe that is a clue to understanding why any memory is recalled at all. I have been hypmotised and and although not in a conscious realm, was very aware of my surroundings and that I was able to see that I was experiencing another level of consciousness. Maybe that is a more likely the state that abductees are in, just as they return to consciousness. During the abduction there is conscious memory, but different again from hypmotism, and lucid dreaming, the awareness is somehow limited to mostly the being taken, and returning parts.

Our knowledge of such events is limited to the memory of those that have remembered, and can tell us what they know. VERY fortunate for us, are those who have had many, many experiences over their lifetimes, and provide information that allows us to understand beyond the beginning of an abduction, and the end. That middle part is where the work is to be done for many.

There has to be some control over the abduction in order for the experience in the first place. If an abducted person remembered every single detail, or even most of it, we would not be having this discussion today because we would have more answers as to how they do the things they do, and their method wouldn't be necessary. It is convenient and useful to them, that an abductees ability to put an entire experience together is limited. Also very convenient that humans would naturally have to have some reason, and that reason would most likely be, it was simply a dream.

I really urge you Zur to read as much as you can with the perspective of having had an experience that does not make sense in the conventional sense, even though there are similiarities that would make it easy for you to write it off as a dream.

Don't you find it interesting that you could remember a 'dream' from 20 years ago, but not remember a dream you had last week?

Timbit
___

Post subject: Re: [Timbit] A Dream?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:13 am 
Unregistered
Thanks for the reply- Some ofthe things you talked about kind of went a little over my head but I really want to know more. Do you know about that video? Is that real? What is going on? Thanks in advance...

Post subject: Re: [Guest] A Dream?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:18 am 
Unregistered
The above guest is me...Zur
___

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:24 am 

I think sometimes Zur, that there are very powerful manipulators of the truth to suit a hidden agenda. The methods used are fine tuned and fool-proof, and even when clues appear, they are prepared to know the reaction, and have planned ahead to counteract it.

Modern Psychiatry to me is like that. Prior to the DSM (diagnostics and statistics manual), you could line up a dozen psychiatrists with one presenting patient, and have them each go into different rooms to write their analysis out. No two would be the same. Consider that each one would therefore recommend a different course of treatment based on what they considered the diagnosis to be, and then prescribe medication to match the symptoms they believed to be present in the patient. Until there was a unified statistics manual with corresponding diagnosis to symptoms, there was no 'group' think. With a unified approach, it allowed for quicker, more accurate diagnosis, and needs were more uniformly met, ostensibly for both the patient and the physicians. It made a seemingly difficult task easier, more manageable, and cost effective. But is it really?

Do 12 single-minded Psychiatrists make for one accurate diagnosis, or are the patients outcome for diagnosis and treatment more effective with a roll of the dice.

And so it is in my opinion the same 'group think' that allows safety in numbers in diagnosing symptoms of abduction trauma even more convenient. Not only are there no categories for abduction trauma, let alone how to treat it in any diagnostic manual, there are no thinkers who can take [u]mainstream[/u] knowledge and apply different theories to it. By that I mean, assuming you can get 12 Psychiatrists to agree on a diagnosis of abduction trauma, how can you treat it. There are no ticky boxes for memory or sensory or hypnotic associations directly related to abduction. There are no theories to suggest that sleep states, alternate realities, time travel, astral projection etc. apply in [i]different[/i] ways, or in ways that are directly [i]contradictory[/i] of the usual perception of those conditions, as they relate only to abductions.

So, you have a 'dream state' that conventional psychiatry says works this way.......and then you have manipulated consciousness by ET, how do you reconcile the two. We only know what we know, and it doesn't quite fit. In other words, we know what psychiatry knows about all the [i]symptoms[/i] abductees have, but they can only be interpreted in very limited ways.

All I can say is, there is no understanding as to how physical abductions fit with our understanding of it. We cannot apply the regular run of the mill rules to explain them. All we know is they happen, and they don't make sense based on what we [i]know.[/i]
[i][/i]
Yes, I have seen the alien autopsy film, and most of what I've read in the last few years seems to confirm it as a hoax. Why somebody would go to all that trouble to discredit the ET phenomenon is beyond me, except that, it must have suited the purposes of parties unknown like so many other things.

Like you, I struggle with certain experiences I have had, and my biggest challenge is fear. I'm not sure I really want to know what I might uncover. I really hope you keep posting. It is hard to make sense of it all.

Tim
___

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:08 pm 
Unregistered
Timbit,
Not the alien autopsy film..."Alien Interview At Area 51" this is a very different being than that shown in the autopsy film.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:07 am 

Is this the one? [url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3G4KnhYuWD8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3G4KnhYuWD8[/url]

Thanks,
Tim
___

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:41 am 

One thing to consider guys is memory itself.

The accepted idea that our memories are stored in our brain is without explanation. Its a silly idea.

Memory is a field function, your memory exists beyond the physical here and now. Traumatic memory is encapsulated, which allows us to survive the trauma of the moment.

It has to do with energy levels available to cope with any given situation and as the energy levels are always rising we are eventually capable of dealing with the trauma.

Hidden memory is encapsulated beyond the borders of the physical here and now, but once that hidden memory is accessed you experience it in the here and now.

This type of memory is not usually accessible until the energy is in balance, otherwise it could have some very unpleasant consequences.

If this were not the case electromagnetic distortions would not block memory. In fact sufficient distortion can actually block access to memory, which leaves a person with no memory whatsoever prior to the distortion.
___

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 2:16 pm 
Unregistered
Yes

Big skull-headed alien.
___

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:03 am 
Unregistered
or maybe this one?
[url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WF_cq8g3rGg&mode=related&search"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WF_cq8g3rGg&mode=related&search[/url]=
___