UFOSeek Forum

Community for discussion of UFO, Paranormal and mysterious topics
It is currently Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:03 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:27 pm 

When I was a teenager, around 16 or 17, I was asleep in my room. My bed was against the wall and this particular night I was facing the wall, sleeping on my side. For no reason at all, I woke up suddenly but couldn't move--only my eyes were opened--and the room was bathed in red light.

It was the type of dull red light you'd see on a digital alarm clock. I could see the wall and any bedding right in front of my face, and I remember thinking how intense the red light was in the room because my wall was painted purple but everything looked as if a red filter had been placed over my eyes.

Part of me wanted to turn over to view the entire room, but I was scared and don't think I could have moved if I wanted to. Right away, I closed my eyes and fell asleep instantly (which is highly unusual for me) and I didn't wake up until morning. It was almost as if I closed my eyes and blacked out.

Nearly 10 years later, I had a UFO sighting with my husband. We were driving on a busy stretch of road at dawn and spotted the craft way up in the sky. The weird thing was, I had just been thinking to myself how neat it would be if we could see a UFO that morning. It flew toward us as we drove, dropping altitude quickly so that I could make out the underside of the craft as it flew directly over our truck. Keep in mind we were constantly moving along the road because it was morning rush hour, and although it was a rural area, there were plenty of cars on the road that day. I always felt like it chose to show itself to us.

Cut to a year ago, and I'm home alone in bed. I had just fallen asleep but for some reason I woke up and instantly opened my eyes--very similar to the first experience--and lifted my head to look at the corner of the room. Like before, I had no reason to do this, it was more of a subconscious awareness.

There was a thin red beam of light coming through the outer wall of the apartment (we live in a daylight basement) and it was exactly the same shade of red as that experience in my bedroom as a teenager. It was an unbroken beam that ended at the mattress just beneath my side. I blinked a couple of times but it was still there, so I shut my eyes and laid my head down, terrified more than the first experience, and when I looked again it was gone.

I was so scared by that encounter that my legs began to shake uncontrollably, so much so that the bed was shaking. I grabbed my glasses from the nightstand and ran out of the room. For weeks after that I was hyper-vigilant and couldn't go in that room by myself at night, which was difficult since my husband works nights. I still have trouble sometimes going to bed when I'm home alone.

I often read abduction stories that have blue light associated with them, and I'm wondering if there is anything to my experiences having the red light? I'm not sure if I've ever been abducted, but I tend to think there's a high possibility.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:30 am 

No one can tell you whether you have been abducted or not, but there are circumstances which are so weird- that can leave a person wondering. Night time/while in bed occurrences are ignored by most researchers unless there are other experiences that just can not be explained away. Heck, I refused to even consider my nighttime encounters as anything other than dreams, unless I had big cuts, scoop marks and even then it took me 50 years of close encounters, many in broad daylight with witnesses, before I had to face it all in order to work on the PTSD.

I have never seen a red light during an encounter, but that means nothing. I have seen a weird blue glow many times, but I am not a researcher, hell I can't even read books on the subject. My mom described this light the best - when she told me she woke up, while babysitter my daughter and the room was glowing with a blue light that lit up every corner, every nook and cranny under tables, chairs everywhere. She exhaled as she described that she could see every hair on my daughter head- whom was sleeping on a camping foam on the floor with her cousin.
Long story and far too many of them...but you get the point.

You sound like you may have had a close encounter if the UFO came close enough to swoop over your car. If you hold your arm straight out and pretend to be holding something between your thumb and finger.... what would it be to just cover up the ship??? A silver dollar, a dime or way smaller?

Let me tell you, I have had many that were so close I couldn't cover them up with a dinner plate.. We could see figures in the windows looking at us. Those are hard to deny, but hey we put them to the back of our minds, refuse to think about them as it can't be real... but that doesn't work for ever, especially when it keeps happening... You finally just have to face it.

Way up in the sky or tiny lights are nothing to get excited about, but 99% of what you hear about is just that. But, swooping over your car? that is different than that.

Have you had many close encounters? Has your husband? Often people are witnesses and unless they had lots of missing time, or other similar experiences they are maybe just in the wrong place at the wrong time... or with the someone who has had lots of experiences.

Ask your husband how many times he has seen a UFO up close or had really surreal things happen.

Doug

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:56 am 

Thanks for your reply Doug. My husband was with me during that sighting when the UFO flew over the truck while he was driving. It was so close that it would have been much larger than my hand if I stretched it out—more like the dinner plate you described. I mean I looked right up into the underside of this thing. I never get excited or curious about lights in the sky anymore, especially not after that sighting. Nothing impresses me like that did, but my husband is always looking up imagining that far-off lights are UFOs, and I’m always trying to keep him grounded.

Actually, my husband did have a sighting just a couple weeks before that incident. He was driving to work one morning, around 4 or 4:30am, and saw a UFO out in field next to the road, hovering. The way he described it made it sound like it was having trouble flying. The nose would tilt up and then down, and then it tilted up at one end and disappeared right in front of him. He was so scared he had to pull off the road. He came home and told me about it but part of me didn’t believe him, so we took a camera out to where it happened and documented multiple grass depressions (not crop circles, but almost like what you’d think a craft would make if it lost control and kept grazing the ground). We found these depressions in the grass for miles and took pictures of everything we could. It wasn’t a couple weeks after that we had the fly-over sighting together.

His sister always had weird dreams growing up, to the point where my husband thinks she was abducted. My dad had a UFO sighting when he was younger, before I was born. He didn’t see the actual craft but he was sitting in the car with his buddy at night when a huge spotlight lit up the car from above, stayed there for a while, then switched off and he swears he thought he saw something fly away. Another friend of his around that time (I guess this was back in the late 70s), said he thought he saw a gray alien along a road near where my dad’s experience happened. So both me and my husband are wondering if this isn’t following families, which you often hear in these types of experiences.

I guess with the sightings I’m just looking to connect what I saw with the red light experiences in my room. It may be nothing more than waking dreams, but I can’t help but wonder.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:02 am 

Good for you keeping your husband grounded... it is hard and as you have noticed in this field - most of the people who have real experiences lose it... Yes, we know what a real experience is, just ask your husband what it is like watching a UFO wobble as it hovers just off the highway... It scares the hell out of you, more than anything you can explain... Yes, I have seen them wobble, they seem to wobble in and out of existence..

This runs in families, it does in mine and it does in most abductees lives... I do think that the greater percentage of witnesses, are just that, witnesses in the wrong place at the wrong time.. but if they have had many up close sightings and other weird experiences that can not be explained... they might be the unlucky ones that the little bastards are taking.

I wondered about the red you mentioned so I talked to a friend of mine who is also an abductee and he has seen red during an abduction.. he described it as almost florescent.

I hate the stress we live in, as I look up to the sky with a burning anxiety and fear...