UFOSeek Forum

Community for discussion of UFO, Paranormal and mysterious topics
It is currently Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:44 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:30 am 

Info on Roswell required can you help?
Yes, sorry I apologise for yet another Roswell thread.. but please have a read..
I have been, for quite a while now, trying to track down the name of a girl from Cornwall England who appeared on TV in Britain some years back, on the Morning Magazine show called *Richard and Judy*...

Sadly, the show has moved channels and the original transmitters seem to have washed their hands of them and say they *Can't remember her name and no records exist*. I suspect they just can't be arsed to check, but that is hardly surprising, so no joy there.. the UK end seems to have dried up.
I have checked just about every Roswell site i can find and nothing on those either... and there is nothing on Youtube etc
BUT
The reason i'd like to track her down is this...
She told Richard and Judy that she had absolutely no interest in UFOs at all, but when the Roswell film with Kyle Machlan was released, her friends told her she really should see it...
The reason being that, her own father, who was a serving officer in the RAF, died of cancer in 1974. Before he died, he told her the whole story of the Roswell crash. She, believing it to be the ramblings of a dying man under the influnce of drugs and thought no more of it until the movie was released...

OK. so nothing masively useful there, just her word that he told her the tale...
Only then, she told the show's hosts that she had contacted the US Air Force and tried to confirm that her father had indeed, served on secondment, to the 509th at the time the Roswell incident happened..
Surprise, surprise The Air Force said.."Sorry young lady, but no British officer served with the 509th"...
Now that might be, and it would be her word against theirs, save, she then pulls out an old B & W photo of a bomber crew in full flying kit, points to a guy wearing a British flying hat in the picture and says thats my father... ?

From memory, the photo was taken under a large banner/sign saying...
"Welcome to Roswell, home of the 509th bomber wing" ..or words to that effect...
I have contacted a couple of the better known researchers but either they are too busy or they just didn't think it was important...
I do, and i would like to see if anyone in the States would like to, at least confirm any parts of the story and add it to the list of evidence, if the story turns out to have truth in it..
Now maybe, I have missed something blindingly obvious in my searches that someone else will say...Oh that's ...and... If i have, please put me out of my misery... If not, does anyone, have access to people around Roswell at that time? anyone remember any Brits?
Any budding enthusiast want to follow this up - it could be a back door to the truth about the crash.

Kev

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:11 pm 
Unregistered
It all sounds like a good bit of detective work needs doing on that one.....like always though, nobody able or willing to help

best of luck with finding her, and post updates to let us know

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:01 am 

Kev, try asking Stanton Friedman for help.

fsphys@rogers.com is the last e-mail I have for him, altho you may also find a contact link thru Google if you google his name.

Stan may not know who the girl was/is, but he might know for sure that the 509th was at Roswell. He generally responds to e-mails that are well-written. (He's a Ph.D. you know) I've been in contact with him in years past on other aspects of the UFO phenomena. And he might not be aware of this story.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:11 am 

Thanks for the info tweaked,
I have sent him the post... more or less, so I shall wait and see if he shows any interest.

kev

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:09 am 

Kev, your little story gives me goose bumps.........no British with the 509?

I would tend to agree with the gal who said that's my dad in the picture.

Why? The British and the Canadians were creating deep dark secrets with the Americans in respect to programs and projects that had to do with a lot of different things.

It was the Air Force that generated most of the secrets, whether the RAF, RCAF or the American Army Air Force and they all shared personnel.

Both men and women from all three countries served in tri-national programs associated with the Air Force.

I can"t help you identify this gal, but I can assure you that her story sounds well grounded in truth, at least from what I know about all this secret stuff.

Americans and Brits served in Canada, Canadians and Americans served in the UK and Brits and Canadians served in America.

During the 40s and 50s black ops were at their peak. And from what I know I can assure you that all three countries were deeply involved in the saucer secret business, in the sense that they were trying to figure out how they worked. Unfortunately this tips the scales in terms of secret classification, so there is very little available in the way of released information.

It would probably not occur to anyone that the Americans would keep their deepest secrets somewhere other than America.........like Canada where there is no restriction on the time line where information has to be declassified.....in Canada it can remain classified top secret till hell freezes over and there is nothing anyone can do about it.......its at the militaries discretion to declassify secrets and not the politicians. Something to think about I would say.

Your secrets are safe with us say the Canadian military brass, our lips are sealed and those who do not agree are dead meat. And of course they are not kidding around. They do kill people who are less than cooperative and no one says a word.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:20 am 

Yeah... I forgot to mention that I do indeed believe that woman's story is very credible; it Rang True in me when I heard it. And of course, being from UK, she wouldn't have been nearly as tuned-in to Roswell as we in the Colonies have been for 60 years; they probably didn't hear a thing about it over there.

I hope Stan can help.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:57 am 

Thanks guys,
your both right of course and the chances of tracking anything down via military or government is as likely as the moon being made of cheese.
Still, I hoped that there were some visitors to the forum from Roswell that could poke around, find old pictures, talk with ex-workers of the base who may live locally. this is not top secret just finding a name to go with the face, so to speak.
A similar picture may be sitting in an old scrap book somewhere. maybe someone remembers brits coming into town on a saturday night (if they were allowed to?), who knows....
Kev

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:07 pm 

Thank you tweaked,
got message of Stan today.
I shall pass this info on now and hopefully get a local to follow it up for me.

It was Melvin Brown. Daughter was Beverly. He is in the base yearbook and discussed in my “Crash at Corona” and elsewhere. I spoke to her on the phone.

In haste. Stan Friedman http://www.stantonfriedman.com

kevin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:04 pm 

Cooooooooooooooooool!!

Glad to have been of help!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:21 pm 

Fantastic,
the power of co-operation and friendship.
thanks again

kevin