UFOSeek Forum

Community for discussion of UFO, Paranormal and mysterious topics
It is currently Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:07 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Google earth
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 5:37 am 

See, on the second floor in the United Kingdom.......upstairs.

Just joking gang.......too much serious stuff is not good for the soul or the heart for that matter.

Oops, I forgot to breathe again........! (and correct my spelling) yes, I changed breath to breathe........?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:12 am 

Okay... Glad we finally hashed THAT one out... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:10 am 

Tweaked...........we sure did.....you just got to take things one step at a time, especially when you are going up the stairs or coming back down again. You do come back down again don't you?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:16 am 

Well, in OUR house... what goes down MUST come back up; otherwise, there's NO WAY OUT! Street Level is the TOP floor...

Attachments:
IMG_0510Copy.jpg
IMG_0510Copy.jpg [ 473.17 KiB | Viewed 7897 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:01 am 

Good grief Tweaked I'm not sure if I'm up or down.........and in the UK they do things a bit different like driving on the left side of the road and putting the steering wheel on the passenger side.

So I have no idea what they do about the stairs.....whether they go up or down?

It seemed so simple at first........room 237 would have to be up the stairs on the 2nd floor, but it could be in the bloody basement for all I know, which would put room 237 below the first level of the basement with the basement below the main floor.

I thought you said we had this one hashed out?

Is this a blonde joke? Yeah and Linda Burnett is a blonde......only in California.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:12 am 

Hang on here, isn't it you who drives on the wrong side of the road with the steering wheel in the passengers seat. I don't know how you manage to avoid and accident.

There are some stairs that go around and around in a spiral and don't some stairs go up to a landing. Isn't that a contradiction. Wouldn't you come down for a landing.

What if it was level 23 and room 7 , that could work.

You two have posed some really intricate conundrums here. Makes a nice change. I needed some really serious stuff like this to think about, I get too bogged down in all that other stuff. Ann :P

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:13 am 

You have a point Ann...........maybe we should just take the bus.

The bus people say; "Take the bus and leave the driving to us."

Sure, let them figure it out........we have a couple of English vans on our island with the left hand drive and our local garbage truck has left hand too.........so he gets out on the curb side where the garbage is waiting......instead of risking being run down by someone in a hurry.

But this stair thing is a real puzzle........it looks like Tweaked lives in the jungle and I half expect to see Tarzan swing by on a vine. After all it is Hollywood isn't it?

Yes, spiral stairs, I never thought that.........that puts a whole new spin on things.

So, do I have this right........if Tweaked wants to go down to ground level she goes up the stairs?

A few fizzy drinks and you wouldn't know what was going on, but then maybe by then you wouldn't care.......should we go up or should we go down.....wait a minute.....if we're on the landing are we half way up or half way down?......having a fear of high places doesn't help.

I had to stay in a hotel some years ago and I asked the desk clerk if he had any rooms on the main floor (ground level)..........no such luck........so he put me on floor 21....so here I am trying to make it from the door of my room to the windows to close the curtains....this was not fun......and of course the cleaners come in every morning as soon as you're gone and open the curtains again..........I don't want to see the view thank you, really I don't.

Yet, flying in a helicopter.....sitting in that plastic bubble is great fun........doesn't seem to make a whole lot of sense does it?

Maybe that's why this stair thing is so confusing.......I'll just crawl along on the my hands and knees until I find a door, hopefully at ground level.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:29 am 

Our TOP floor IS ground level. Our house goes down the side of a canyon wall. There's nothing underneath the 3rd floor down except caissons that hold up the house in an earthquake. The TOP floor is the STREET level... where we park, where we come in & out of the house. That's where you see the huge top deck. A gigantic Oak Tree sprawls up 30 feet from the side of the mountain so the raccoons and squirrels can climb up to the bird feeder where we put out peanuts, seed, cookies and cat food. (Not for cats... for the raccoons; that keeps them from breaking into the livingroom so they can get to the kitchen!)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:33 am 

sounds like you people have been into my ethanol. Go easy on that stuff, I need it for my car.
Google only lets you see what they want you to see. The runways at area 51 remind me of the lines in south america as seen from the air.
Now what was that about going up the down staircase?

slohand
--------
stop and smell the roses

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:20 am 

Okay Tweaked.........then up it is.....sort of like the Poseidon.....you have to go up to get out.

Well, at least you don't have to worry about deer eating your garden then.......just a whole lot of furry critters wanting to be fed.

They don't have stairs at area 51.........all ground floors and all those below ground have elevators.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next