UFOSeek Forum

Community for discussion of UFO, Paranormal and mysterious topics
It is currently Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:53 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 7:11 pm 

I think you've been given a lot of really good advise. Keeping some sort of written notes on your dreams may go a long way in uncovering meaning to what you are experiencing in your life.

A lot of emotional changes happen when you hit that hard road of discovery, and there is not an easy way to solve problems without figuring out how they happen in the first place, especially if they are affecting your everyday life. It is an unfortunate misconception that many of us make in thinking that another person can solve our problems for us, or provide security, stability or meaning to our lives. That has to come from within; you have the tools make this happen if you choose to.

Once you reach that place where you are happy with yourself, anything else that comes your way is a bonus because you'll have the confidence and the strength on your own to cope with whatever comes your way.

I wish you well in your journey.
___

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:52 am 

Honest-Man20:

NONE of us are entirely happy. We suffer from depression, anxiety, Law&Order run amuk... doctors who won't listen, neighbors who don't care, a government that doesn't WANT to hear us.

But do you know what we DO have? WE HAVE THIS FORUM... We all have each other.

So, if you're NOT registered, please do so. No one is going to give out your info. The Private Messaging is something we can all use when we don't want to put all of our thoughts out here in the open. I use it with several people who post here. Some of them know me better than my own partner who(most of the time) sits in a chair 8 feet away from me. He doesn't WANT to know any more about me than he's already learned in 15 years, and a lot of THAT he wishes he DIDN'T know...[:P]

We're glad to have you here.

Tweaked
___

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:14 pm 
Unregistered
hello, Honest-man,its good to see you back...there are many ways out of your situation....
the right path for you is your choice to make...but first and foremost you must come to terms with YOU.The old advice "Know Thyself."is very true....
Comming to terms with who YOU are is very important and the first step to dealing with the world around you.
The idea that you must have a counterpart or partner is fallacious in the extreme.
You are one, first,(though inextricably connected to us all) and before you can expect to form a partnership with others you must learn to not only accept who YOU are,but love and accept yourself......
Once one understands that they are first and foremost an individual,and begins to take control of that individual,then progress can be made, and sometimes rapidly...but however the progress continues, fast or slow all depends on the energy you expend, and the intent , and direction in which you expend it.
I know it is difficult, but it is nessessary for you to do some introspection and honest self appraisal,before choosing a direction in which to move yourself.
Motion (in the intended directions, and they can be multiple, as in getting ,more self sufficient, and gaining more knowledge of both yourself and the world around you...etc)
is accomplished in increments:first one small move at a time, after due consideration of nessessity.
The beginning of your journey to becomming,is one small step in a positive direction.
After which the next step becomes slightly easier and so on till finally after whatever length of time... you will find the path which you need to follow.
Once established, things become a matter of plain old work, and concentration, interspersed with periods of assimilation of knowledge for the next step.
There is NO easy way to become....
All paths have equal opportunity for experience and the result of struggle is the gaining of strength for further struggle.(though there are also other benefits which will become obvious)
Though the way may seem impossible at first, a few steps to the positive will give one the strength needed for further progress.
And thats the secret of life my friend , in a nutshell.
There is no easy answer for any man, the rich, the poor, all face equal hardships and equal opportunity for growth,though sometimes i think the poor have an adavantage in a spiritual context, this is not always the case.
It depends on nobody but you, my friend, and you will find as Goethe has said, that once the journey is begun, things seem to spring forth to facilitate that journey, seemingly of their own volition, but actually because of the intent of the traveller.....and in direct result of energy expended in a positive direction...(paraphrased....Goethe says it better than i ever could.)
The universe, and indeed the mutiverse works on this principal, and the opposite of this paradigm brings opposite results.[unsure]
Think it over, the choices are all yours to make buddy, you have got to decide if your cup will be half empty, or half full......[crazy]
The beauty of it is we all must make the same decisions for our own selves, and the
wonder is that we have consciousness to do it in the first place!
May God bless your journey, which is in effect all our journeys too....
bergle
___

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:18 pm 

One of the darkest times I can remember is when my two roommates were leaving because the apartment was too small for three of us and I'd been between jobs for nearly 6 months with unemployment running out in two weeks.

Jeanie asked me what I was going to do later in the afternoon, and I flippantly (altho seriously) said, "Well, I can't decide whether to go run my car off the side of the mountain, or take a nap."

And Jeanie said, "Well... okay... why don't you take a nap FIRST -- that way you'll aim better when you drive your car over the cliff."

We both had a great laugh, and I DID take a nap.

Just as I was waking up, the phone rang. It was a call from a job where I'd interviewed THREE YEARS BEFORE and had not been hired -- they wanted to know if I was [i]by any chance AVAILABLE[/i], because they had an opening in the same position, and I didn't need to interview -- I just needed to say I'd start tomorrow morning.

Needless to say the laughter that caused me to take a nap saved my life. And I've never been depressed like that again.
___