UFOSeek Forum

Community for discussion of UFO, Paranormal and mysterious topics
It is currently Mon May 27, 2019 6:10 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 2:21 am 
Unregistered
Maybe if I could explain why depression seems to linger on endlessly that may help. Bare with me okay? We are all energetic beings. In fact all matter in our world (including life forms) is at it's most basic level: "energy". The difference in "consciousness" or "awareness" of matter is (in my opinion) based on how high that energy vibrates and the frequency in which it resonates. We as human beings define our reality in any given moment. Outside circumstances don't. We define our reality by our thoughts, intentions, and actions. The most basic beliefs about ourselves whether good or bad manifest themselves in our lives. If we feel unloved and undeserving of happiness our lives will reflect lonliness and sorrow.

In order to change how we experience the world we must learn to change our beliefs. Do you believe you are worthy of love? Do feel that you deserve happiness? Do you feel that you deserve money? How do you think you may have manifested a lack of something in your life based on your current beliefs about yourself. Once you begin to honestly ask yourself these sometimes painful questions and seek the origin of such beliefs true healing will begin. I've found that personally some of my beliefs were ingrained on my consciousness by my parents or society. Some beliefs I came to realize were created out of my own sense of fear, regret, or guilt. It's funny how certain life situations or experiences stay ingrained in our subconscious minds long after we've consciously forgotten about them. But just because you no longer remember them does not mean that they still don't govern your life. Think of thinks that attract you, and then think of things that repel you. Then think about why that is so.. Question everything you've ever been taught or think you may know. In the end patterns will begin to emerge and you'll be like "Ahhh, I can't believe I didn't see that." You'll also notice that you've been way to hard on yourself. Most people are way more forgiving to others than they are to themselves.

A good way to unlock what is still influencing you subconsciously is to maintain a dream journal. You need only jot down a few lines upon awakening. Usually this enough to recall the entire dream upon reading it. There are techniques I can share with you if you have a hard time remembering your dreams. Pay special attention to recurring dreams or dreams with similar themes.

I know this sounds like hard work. In a way it really is. But you have no deadlines and no pressure. Just take a little time each day to reflect and ask and answer a few questions honestly. Aside from that I think you should really think about activities that motivate you. What motivates you? A good book? A certain type of movie? Talking with a certain friend? Whatever it is you have to find it. You need motivation right now. And don't over think, just do. People who are depressed often spend too much time thinking and not enough of just doing. If you have to, force yourself to take a walk outdoors. When I was depressed I didn't spend much time outdoors. I've since noticed that there is a certain beauty and simplicity found within nature. Just watch the animals or the trees. Life seems so easy for them. Everything in nature seems to come natural right? Life can be the same for you. Once you confront and then release all that has been sitting on your shoulders you'll feel new again.

Anyway once you find the motivation, try new things. Be creative. Make something with your own hands. It's an amazing feeling to bring life to something that is all you. Take a class in something that really interests you but you never really explored. (It's also a great way to make friends that you have something in common with.) And sure you won't like everything you try, but you won't know if you don't.

Another great thing to do to take the focus of yourself and give yourself a break mentally is to help someone else who is having a rough time. It's easy when you're depressed to not feel like doing anything and live in your head thinking about "me", "me", "me". Part of healing is spending time reflecting on yourself (like I've outlined above), but not beating yourself up. There is a difference. The past is long gone and the future is unseen. The only moment we ever really live in is "now". Life is a series of "nows". Don't waste yours. You have too much to offer yourself and the world. Be your ideal.

It will be a frustrating and oftentimes painful journey out. Depression is numbing and coming out of it requires you to reawaken once again to your pain and fears. But the rewards are greater than you could ever imagine. You will experience moments of great awe and illumination. Moments of profound peace, oneness, and love that you never thought possible. Your realizations will be your salvation. I wish I could give away the answer, but I can't it. It must be experienced.

Take things one day at a time, and don't be hard on yourself. Keep me posted. Let me know if you have questions or hit a roadblock. I'm here for you anytime. I might be delayed a day or two but I will get back to you. All these things can help you begin your journey, if you truly want to make it.

Take care and good luck!![;)]
___

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:07 pm 
Unregistered
hey your talking stupid now. You know life ani't perfect and it takes a strong person to deal with it and a chicken to try to escape

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:11 am 
Unregistered
karmer is the anser,even if not spelled right.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 12:49 pm 
Unregistered
[quote][ Also I’m done with any kind of religion as I think as John Lennon in the song Imagine. I think religions are the reason that people fight and hate each other. I think I will figure it out soon or later, but I’m glad for any suggestion…
Thanks[:P][/reply]

Imagine by John Lennon is my favorite song[:)]

[quote]I think religions are the reason that people fight and hate each other.....)

You've hit the jackpot there, thats my thinking too [;)]

Keep your chin up, everthing happens for a reason as they say, even though at the moment it doesnt feel like it.
You will find love when your not looking for it and least expect it, and "like attracts like" if your more postive in your life, you will attract a postive girl, who is simliar to you.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 6:29 pm 
Unregistered
Fear,and ignorance, seem to be the root of a lot of pain in this world
Love and understanding is the answer to much....
This includes loving yerself first though...
one must realize that veryone is creating this world we live in, and if we refuse to be part of the problem hard enough, we may just be lucky enough to be part of the answer................
bergle
___

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 7:11 pm 

I think you've been given a lot of really good advise. Keeping some sort of written notes on your dreams may go a long way in uncovering meaning to what you are experiencing in your life.

A lot of emotional changes happen when you hit that hard road of discovery, and there is not an easy way to solve problems without figuring out how they happen in the first place, especially if they are affecting your everyday life. It is an unfortunate misconception that many of us make in thinking that another person can solve our problems for us, or provide security, stability or meaning to our lives. That has to come from within; you have the tools make this happen if you choose to.

Once you reach that place where you are happy with yourself, anything else that comes your way is a bonus because you'll have the confidence and the strength on your own to cope with whatever comes your way.

I wish you well in your journey.
___

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:52 am 

Honest-Man20:

NONE of us are entirely happy. We suffer from depression, anxiety, Law&Order run amuk... doctors who won't listen, neighbors who don't care, a government that doesn't WANT to hear us.

But do you know what we DO have? WE HAVE THIS FORUM... We all have each other.

So, if you're NOT registered, please do so. No one is going to give out your info. The Private Messaging is something we can all use when we don't want to put all of our thoughts out here in the open. I use it with several people who post here. Some of them know me better than my own partner who(most of the time) sits in a chair 8 feet away from me. He doesn't WANT to know any more about me than he's already learned in 15 years, and a lot of THAT he wishes he DIDN'T know...[:P]

We're glad to have you here.

Tweaked
___

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:14 pm 
Unregistered
hello, Honest-man,its good to see you back...there are many ways out of your situation....
the right path for you is your choice to make...but first and foremost you must come to terms with YOU.The old advice "Know Thyself."is very true....
Comming to terms with who YOU are is very important and the first step to dealing with the world around you.
The idea that you must have a counterpart or partner is fallacious in the extreme.
You are one, first,(though inextricably connected to us all) and before you can expect to form a partnership with others you must learn to not only accept who YOU are,but love and accept yourself......
Once one understands that they are first and foremost an individual,and begins to take control of that individual,then progress can be made, and sometimes rapidly...but however the progress continues, fast or slow all depends on the energy you expend, and the intent , and direction in which you expend it.
I know it is difficult, but it is nessessary for you to do some introspection and honest self appraisal,before choosing a direction in which to move yourself.
Motion (in the intended directions, and they can be multiple, as in getting ,more self sufficient, and gaining more knowledge of both yourself and the world around you...etc)
is accomplished in increments:first one small move at a time, after due consideration of nessessity.
The beginning of your journey to becomming,is one small step in a positive direction.
After which the next step becomes slightly easier and so on till finally after whatever length of time... you will find the path which you need to follow.
Once established, things become a matter of plain old work, and concentration, interspersed with periods of assimilation of knowledge for the next step.
There is NO easy way to become....
All paths have equal opportunity for experience and the result of struggle is the gaining of strength for further struggle.(though there are also other benefits which will become obvious)
Though the way may seem impossible at first, a few steps to the positive will give one the strength needed for further progress.
And thats the secret of life my friend , in a nutshell.
There is no easy answer for any man, the rich, the poor, all face equal hardships and equal opportunity for growth,though sometimes i think the poor have an adavantage in a spiritual context, this is not always the case.
It depends on nobody but you, my friend, and you will find as Goethe has said, that once the journey is begun, things seem to spring forth to facilitate that journey, seemingly of their own volition, but actually because of the intent of the traveller.....and in direct result of energy expended in a positive direction...(paraphrased....Goethe says it better than i ever could.)
The universe, and indeed the mutiverse works on this principal, and the opposite of this paradigm brings opposite results.[unsure]
Think it over, the choices are all yours to make buddy, you have got to decide if your cup will be half empty, or half full......[crazy]
The beauty of it is we all must make the same decisions for our own selves, and the
wonder is that we have consciousness to do it in the first place!
May God bless your journey, which is in effect all our journeys too....
bergle
___

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:18 pm 

One of the darkest times I can remember is when my two roommates were leaving because the apartment was too small for three of us and I'd been between jobs for nearly 6 months with unemployment running out in two weeks.

Jeanie asked me what I was going to do later in the afternoon, and I flippantly (altho seriously) said, "Well, I can't decide whether to go run my car off the side of the mountain, or take a nap."

And Jeanie said, "Well... okay... why don't you take a nap FIRST -- that way you'll aim better when you drive your car over the cliff."

We both had a great laugh, and I DID take a nap.

Just as I was waking up, the phone rang. It was a call from a job where I'd interviewed THREE YEARS BEFORE and had not been hired -- they wanted to know if I was [i]by any chance AVAILABLE[/i], because they had an opening in the same position, and I didn't need to interview -- I just needed to say I'd start tomorrow morning.

Needless to say the laughter that caused me to take a nap saved my life. And I've never been depressed like that again.
___