UFOSeek Forum

Community for discussion of UFO, Paranormal and mysterious topics
It is currently Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:11 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:06 pm 

From earliest reported times, this strange physical event has occured to those, mostly Catholic, highly religious souls.

Unusual bleeding, with no known cause (some have suggested it is psychological in nature), that appear without warning, and are interpreted with numerous opinions.

How do we explain this very physical event, that has occured from ancient to modern times.

http://theparanormalreport.com/the-stigmata-4.html

Tim

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:25 pm 

I met someone at one of the UFO conferences who suffers with Stigmata. I don't remember his name--he is from Italy. He said he had NOT been a religious person prior to becoming afflicted with the rare condition. His body always smells like fresh rose petals when he's bleeding. I find it VERY weird, and I can offer no logical explanation for it. I have often wondered, though, why people who are raised in other religions, or NO religion at all, seem to never be afflicted by this.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:42 pm 

I think this is another interesting realm - I have can't offer any suggestions as to why some people have this and some don't - and I'm liked "tweaked" - I don't ever remember it being any other religion but Catholic -

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:55 pm 

I read something, some time back, about "belief in God being a part of a person's DNA." I don't recall where that came from, but I remember, at the time, thinking I must have really missed the boat, DNA-wise, if there's any truth to that hypothesis. I don't know if Stigmata afflicts only Catholics, but I am quite certain it must only affect those who believe that Jesus died for the sins of mankind... IF anyone from other religious beliefs have been afflicted by Stigmata, you can bet they'd either be locked away or stoned... The Muslims surely wouldn't know how to handle such a condition, and I can't think of any other religions who'd handle it with grace, either.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:24 pm 

I wonder if this happens to otherwise 'normal' people, who, when it happens, attribute it to a religious meaning. Naturally, such an alarming event would have to be religious in meaning wouldn't it?

Tim

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:44 am 

I would think that "normal people" in any other society, and even in ours, would be accused of self-inflicted wounds, and hospitalized for observation... And if the Stigmata is not something the doctors and mental health workers have ever seen or heard of, wouldn't these poor people likely be "kept away from society" because they'd be considered harmful to themselves?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:56 am 

Yes, I think they'd be checked out, and probably a good idea when bleeding occurs. I think that without any answers, and it happening irregularly, the next time it happened, where could a person go except to a church for answers.

The interpretation of that would be religious. If that weren't a choice, what else could possibly explain it.

Tim

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:13 am 

Something from a Past Life, perhaps? I'm just guessing, here... but I would think hypnotherapy/regression, if it's available at all to someone like that, would have to be the next step. if anything were to be sufficiently explored and resolved.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:29 am 

Yes, the manifestation itself, has to be a result of something. When all else is ruled out, that's what I find the most curious, why does it happen. If we take religious interpretation out, maybe it is some sort of sign that we simply cannot yet interpret.

Like crop circles, all of those symbols and delicate designs, yet we have no answers as to the meaning.

Tim

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:05 am 

There were hundreds (perhaps thousands) of people crucified, "back in those days"; perhaps the ones who exhibit Stigmata, whether they are Christians or not, are products of a reprehensible mode of death that was the means of their times, and by virtue of their beliefs are revered when, in fact, it may be the product of a pre-this-life memory of the flesh and consciousness.