UFOSeek Forum

Community for discussion of UFO, Paranormal and mysterious topics
It is currently Mon May 27, 2019 7:05 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:53 pm 

Stigmate are a product of their minds, or in other ways only diseases. Churches can say what they want, but who knows the real story, knows that the crucifixion was made not in the hands, but in the wrists, otherwise the body would be detached for the weight. So the story was going around and someone (like fundamentalists) "received" the present...(?) But it was only fruit of their minds, or in other cases done to diseases; similar (today are evidences) is done to the blood sweating...not a divine sign, but a disease.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:19 pm 

I believ stigmata is caused by a persons belief system and the fact that have such a strong conviction in their beliefs that they bring on the manifestations themselves through faith. A strong faith makes a persons brain do things and believ things with such strong feelings that the brain makes the belif manifest itself, thats just one thought that I have, I could not even begin to say with any conviction what brings on stigmata but I truly believe it happens. Its been documented many times by priests and common lay people alike. I just watched a movie that was based on a true story, THE EXCORCISM OF EMILY ROSE and she was a devout and deeply religous person and she had stigmata but she was also possesed by demons and could not break free of them and died but she died so others would know that there is evil in this world so there must be a god representing the goodness in the world.Was it true? the cayh church thinks so. So I could think of a million reasons for stigmata but honestly I do not know for sure but everyone had great theories and that gets me motivated and thinking, joey978

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:04 pm 

I've only known one person personally who has stigmata, and by his own accounts, he was Christened Catholic because he was born into a Catholic Family in Italy, but he stopped going to Mass when he became a teenager, and had never sincerely believed in the Church, the way his grandparents do. He left home, traveled abroad, went to college, and departed from his Catholic roots altogether.

And then one morning he awakened to find blood seeping from the palm of his hands, across his brow... he thought he'd been mugged in his sleep! He has been plagued/blessed with stigmata ever since.

He doesn't know WHY it began; he wasn't a worshipper. He doesn't know if because he left the Church, left his family, and was doing other things, if the Power of Prayer from his loved ones was strong enough (in concentrated effort) to create this phenomenon (which they knew would ultimately bring him back to the Church), or not. Anyway, it's the only place he is accepted, now; he can't go out and work a normal job because few people outside Rome understand stigmata, so he's trapped in a "rapture" he didn't want, and would never have wished on anyone else. He would like for it to stop, but so far he has been unsuccessful in finding a way to cease the symptoms.