UFOSeek Forum

Community for discussion of UFO, Paranormal and mysterious topics
It is currently Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:18 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: strange encounter
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:27 am 
Unregistered
I would like to relate something that happened to me at the age of 15. I am now 43. I was born and raised in the hills of Eastern Ky. My cousin and I spent a lot time roaming and exploring in the hills. Although we found many interesting things nothing can top what we found, when we decided to climb to the top of one of the local mountains. After climbing narrow steep trails adn switchbacks for about 2 hours we came to the top and into the middle of fairly large clearing. Since we were on top of the mountain there was a fairly gentle slope. You have to imagine in your mind being on top of a mountain with no surrounding walls of rock, so there is no chance that what I saw was a cave opening. As we were walking along the trail my cousin looked up and laughed. I looked up and on a tree branch about 15-20 feet above the ground there was a complete set of a man and woman's clothes, not as if they had been thrown up there but draped as if carefully hung there. My cousin and I walked on about another 50 feet thinking that we would catch somemone in an "outdoor adventure". Suddenly to my left I noticed an object about 8 ft tall and about 4 ft wide and black. When I say black I don't mean as if something painted or dark, I mean as in the absence of light or matter. It did not touch the ground but was about 2 feet above the ground. Although it made no sound or any type of movement I could not help but feel threatened, as if my very life was in danger if I did not leave that very second. As a forty three year old grown man I can calmly relate my experience now, as a 15 year old boy I heeded that feeling and ran like hell. I can't help but feel that there is some correlation between those clothes and that "portal" [That is that only way I can think of it] Did I stumble upon some sort of link between dimensions, a portal to other times and other places? I don't know but this memory has haunted me to this day. That is the experience that kicked off my fascination in the unusual, be it ghosts, or UFOs. If anyone has any opinions I would love to hear them. P.S. Thank you for the warm welcome,I look foreward to many interesting reads
___

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 5:58 am 

Definitely, a PORTAL! Wow! How exciting! Kind of like the adventure I had with my brother when I walked through a drainage tunnel and could see the same pond we'd been looking at together, but it was like I'd stepped back in Time and the swimming ducks weren't there, the structures on the other side of the huge flood control dam were gone, and there weren't couds in the sky like we had just seen together. I tried to get my brother to go through after I came back to his side, and he refused. (wimp...) We were in our forties, BTW... (lol)
___

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:33 pm 
Unregistered
DEAR TWEAKED- I WISH I COULD HAVE GONE THROUGH. BUT, SEEING ONLY BLACK ON THE OTHER SIDE COULD HAVE MEANT DEEP SPACE OR OTHER HOSTILE ENVIRON.
___

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 5:05 pm 

Oh, I totally agree ... (I could SEE thru to the other side of the tunnel from here to there and back). You did the right thing by NOT stepping into the total blackness. I'm not sure I would have been THAT brave... But who knows. I have been known to try some pretty dangerous things.

Maybe I'd have thrown a rock thru first, or something, just to see what would happen to it. But yours was indeed a unique sighting; a unique experience.

And if it had been my brother and me, you can bet he would have been half way down the mountain before I'd have found a rock to throw! (He's always been the cautious one)

But what a chilling, COOL experience! Things like this are what makes posting in this forum SO MUCH FUN!
___

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 7:55 pm 

Is there always a warning or sign before these dimensions collide, or appear? I have had an experience in 'another place' a few times, but was never able to figure out how I got there, I was just there. And then I was back again. No warning.......maybe I'm confusing these events with eachother. Astral projection, abduction, portals, alternate visible dimensions..... how do you tell them apart. Which are dangerous and why do some give you a choice, when others don't.

In another thread a while back somebody spoke about seeing ghosts in this dimension; and if we are to believe in parallel time, is it possible that they see [i]us[/i][b] [/b]as ghosts as well, only in [i]their[/i] time? Is their perspective the same as ours, just in a different 'place'?

Is it possible that the danger occurs when we take that conscious leap through that portal, in a physical sense, rather than visit the same place, only astrally? Is it possible that there is no return, depending upon how you decide to get there? What if we arrived at a place on a different point in the time-line, say.....30 years before today's date, and [i]didn't[/i] come back. If we didn't know how we got there, we'd assume we'd been there all along right? And is that then what possibly produces 'visions' of the future? We wouldn't be 'strangers' in either place, just stuck in one or the other.

It almost seems like an elastic band or bungee cord that when we make a 'jump' we eventually stop somewhere, and then bounce back.

And what of people who experience the other side of that coin. Being in the past, but experiencing the future through what has already occurred in the future realm's past. Could this possibly explain why we cannot get a grip on time to say with any accuracy that we have 'evolved' when we are continuously experiencing these shifts. What happens to a person who's past catches up with them after they have experienced their future. Would we call that deja vue? Intuition? Telepath? Visionary?

Well, I've thouroughly confused myself...

Tim
___

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:09 pm 

I was the one who asked in another thread if anyone else thinks we may look like ghosts to others when we dream of being in familiar places with familiar faces but we can't relate them to THIS reality...

Or maybe everyone we see there who looks familiar is just a ghost, too!

You know, now [i]I'M[/i] thoroughly confused. Thanks, Timbit... I needed that!
___

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:10 am 

of course........living angels go 'poof' all the time, appear, disappear..........That has happened to me a few times during very difficult times. Perhaps they were there all along but only manifested when I was truly desperate. Where did they come from, and where did they go......

And not to mention that you could conceivably be in the grocery store picking up some steaks for the barbque, and see a 'familiar' face in the produce department. And you suddenly get this sinking feeling that that person is bad news. It could very well be your second husband's first cousin twice removed, who married your adopted twin brother's aunt, back in 52', just after Uncle Harry disappeard while milking cows out in the barn. Perhaps the produce guy was responsible for that?!?

So, maybe the lesson here is that who and what you see belies the true nature of their real selves, depending upon the timeline they have travelled...........or maybe not.

Tim [cool]
___

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 1:28 am 

...thinking... ...thinking... ...thinking...
___

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:27 am 
Unregistered
Interesting. There are many tales of dimensional rifts/collisions, or whatever they are. Here in my part of the world there are several. In a village south of us a large Tudor house has been seen on several occasions. However, when people have tried to find it again - no luck. There was a Tudor house on that site but it was destroyed centuries ago.

Not far away something odd happened to this chap when he was gardening one day. He looked up, as you do, and through his rose arch he saw a strange landscape and not the houses across the street, as he expected to see. He kept watching although nothing happened. He could see the houses on either side of the rose arch but not through it. Then the image shimmered and disappeared.
___

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:37 am 

Very interesting about that house, and the chap's experience with the arch. It is also reassuring to read that; I've experienced a similar situation myself. For years I could never figure out how I could see the same place, but at different times, but the landscape and neighbourhood was so different. Yet at the same time, both were familiar and 'normal' as though that's the way they should be.

It feels like one of those things that are just beyond our grasp. We can almost touch it, and then it disappears.

Timbit
___