UFOSeek Forum

Community for discussion of UFO, Paranormal and mysterious topics
It is currently Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:07 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:32 pm 

Thinking about the very interesting people that come through the forum, and over time, it has become pretty apparent that many have a belief in, or experience with, a past life, or someone close to them has.

Maybe knowledge through research, or regression therapy? Vivid images and situations that come through in this lifetime? Strange or mysterious pains, or illness associated with a past life?

Even though we are all (for the most part) anonymous, maybe some are just wanting that extra bit of assurance of privacy in revealing such information.

What I'm proposing is this. If you feel you wish to contribute to this thread with your own experiences, and/or experiences with others to do with past lives, and are not quite comfortable to share, even with your nic name in the forum, write out what you wish to say, and send it to me either via email, or via a PM.

I will edit and take meticulous care to ensure that only the story is told without reference to any individual in the forum.

This could prove to be very enlightening for us all.

Timbit

Last edited by Timbit on Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
spelling

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:50 pm 

From a very early age I've been afraid of open water... huge lakes, the ocean, etc. It comes from flashes of falling overboard during a raging storm, being in the water, and seeing HUGE ropes dangling from the ship into the water. A wave whooshes me forward and I can almost reach one of the ropes -- then the waves whoosh me backwards and I am far away, with no chance of grabbing onto one of them. Finally, I can't get my head above water any longer, and everything goes BLACK.

A psychic did a reading for me 25 years ago, and said she "picked up" that I was a deck hand in the 1700s on a slave ship, bringing slaves from Africa to the Americas. While we were under siege during a violent hurricane, the ship rolled violently, and I was thrust overboard and died.

This is one of three vivid recollections I have of possible different lives.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:29 am 

I fully believe I have lived many past lives and I do not think it was remembered by me through regression therapy, I have never had anything like that, but havent you had the feeling that you have been someplace before os seen someone youi know have never seen but really think you have seen them and spoken to them. I have many times and its the strangest feeling that comes over me. I feel like I have beenn a certain place and even it feels so familiar but I know in this life I have never been there, so I do think past lives are a real thing.Maybe its a place from a dream but how would I know it ffrom a deam? I am going to study this much more deeper, goodnight joey978

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:46 am 

Joey, you are not alone. I, too, have been through areas of the country and recognized them, knowing full well I've never been there before in THIS lifetime. Sometimes I have recognized a house setting off the highway, and know that I've been in it--yet, I've never been along that highway before. I don't know if it's reincarnation, or simultaneous realities that occasionally bump into each other and allow us to access memories or simultaneous existences. Life is such a mystery.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:31 pm 

I too have the deja vu regularly, and have learned not to be startled, or to think about it, but to just let it happen. It's a sort of wave of familiarity, a knowing that this has come and gone before. I tend to agree with the theory that it is one's destiny that shows your life is in sync with what the pre-destined plan was designed to be. Things are balancing. The past, present, and future are either slowing down, or speeding up to keep this life balanced.

I feel that is quite distinct and different from a past life. Then again, it could be a familiar clue to another life, but not necessarily a reflection of the past life itself.

Past life memories are clearly past lives. Different times, places, sexes, lives, families, etc. Not so much the detail of living the life itself, but the detail of the life itself, with all the same memories in a current life form such as family members, environment, relationships, siblings, jobs, illnesses, etc.

To those that recall past lives, they are not simply recalling something that is 'familiar', but an actual life lived, distinct and separate from the life now.

Tim

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:29 pm 

What's in the past, should stay in the past... that's what I think anyways. :)

I saw this documentary regarding De Ja Vu's... It suggested that there is part of the brain that does all the imagery filing as such... in regards to how we see. Apparently, it is thought that our eyes see things 3 seconds prior to our brain. I'll have to look it up. Don't know if I agree with I all though.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:43 pm 

Those that have uncovered past lives have answered many questions, some that have resolved health issues and allowed them to live healthier lives.

Past life is only part of a living history; living in the effect that it is carried forward to the current life. To not consider a past life seems to me to be cutting off a very rich part of human existence. That we don't generally have conscious recall, doesn't make it any less real.

That's why I thought it might be interesting to see just how many have experienced past lives, and how they feel it has possibly affected them now. Or, if people may think they have lived before, what clues they have had along the way.

I have had some interesting reports of past lives already that I hope to have permission to post, and hope others will feel free to post on their experiences when they're ready.

Tim

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:48 pm 

No, I think it is good that you have... I feel maybe my past has a few grey areas that I'd rather not know.... and I think for myself what's in the past can stay there. :D

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:03 pm 

I understand totally. I too, have left some darker memories burried, at least for the time being. I don't think that the answers I seek, I'm quite ready to hear.

Tim

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:54 am 

I keep searching for all the glimpses I can get! I don't want to have to die to remember them all... Helluva lotta good that'll do me NOW! :mrgreen:

Knowing the reason I'm afraid of water and can't swim, when I know my feet can't touch the bottom of the pool, all makes sense, now that I remember drowning at sea in a storm. I haven't been in a pool since this all came to light, but if and when I get my figure back, it might be interesting to find out if now that I know why I've always been afraid, I could actually swim the length of a pool, and not freeze up and sink like a rock when I'm in the deep end.

All my life, since before I could remember consciously, I've had a penchant for blankets with green satin edges. Not the stiff kind of satin, rather, the soft silky satin. I've never been able to go to sleep quickly without the satin, even though now it really doesn't matter what color it is... just as long as it's the silky satin. A couple of friends, several years apart, (they had minor degrees in psychology) intimated I might have a mild form of obsessive-compulsive disorder... and recommended I might want to "see somebody professionally..." I never took what they tried to intimate to heart, though. Something within myself just knew that wasn't really the reason.

Years later I had a waking-dream-like FLASH! I was lying on my back in a huge, wooden box, and I could hear footsteps echoing in the distance, coming closer. I was in a very large room with high windows. I could look out and see the fluffy clouds in the sky, and there were big wooden doors attached to the frame of the windows. A bird flew in through the window, and now the footsteps quickened, and a woman's voice was shouting, "Get out! Get out, you wretched thing!" She was speaking in what I know now to be a Scottish-Irish like brog. The bird flew back out through the window, and a woman who looked to be in her late twenties or early 30s stood at the side of my box. She had flaming red hair that spilled down her back and the front of her shoulders. She was wearing a green satin dress that hand a high-stand-up collar in the back, a low-cut neckline, and long, flowing sleeves that almost entirely covered her hands. She reached down and touched my forehead, and I grabbed her sleeve. When she pulled it away from me, it was that soft, silky satin feeling, running between my fingertips. She touched the foot of my box, and I began to rock from side-to-side. I was in a CRADLE! Then another woman, dressed in dark clothing, came into the room and the red-haired woman (whom I surmised, now, was my mother) said, "Rock her back to sleep." I listened, while I rocked, as my mother's footsteps and the rustle of her long, green satin skirt moved away, down what must have been a long hallway, until I couldn't hear them anymore. And then the FLASH was over.

I spoke to a friend who is a regression therapist, about this, and she agrees with me--that it sounds like a glimpse of a past life, and I might have been a young child in Ireland or Scotland. The large room might have been a castle nursery of some sort. And more than likely my penchant for the soft, silky satin comes from feeling her sleeve as it slipped through my fingers, and I found that sensation to be pleasant. This has never been pursued, professionally, but I've had a desire to read about, look at photos of, and always wanted to visit Belfast, Ireland. I've been intrigued with the Belfast region for over 50 years. I'll probably never get to visit there, but at least I think I've discovered, finally, the reason for my penchant for green satin, when I was so very young.

I find exploring images from other existences to be curiously exciting. I don't know if I'll find more places I might have been in other realities, before I die, but I'm totally fascinated with the thought that as long as I'm alive, I might...