UFOSeek Forum

Community for discussion of UFO, Paranormal and mysterious topics
It is currently Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:28 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Spirit cat
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:20 am 

Hi y'all

The first 20 years I lived in the house I'm in now, which before me was used as a
vacation cabin for weekends, what I call a 'spirit cat' lived here. Occasionally I would
see a 'shade' dart by from the corner of my eye. Gradually I began to see it had a
cat's shape. One day, after being gone 2 weeks, I walked in the door and saw the
the 'shade' of a cat in the middle of the room. It ran to a corner right away behind
a little table that was in the corner. I got a good visual that time. It was a cat and
ran with its tail straight up.

12 years ago a feral cat took up under the house when we had 2" of ice on the ground
that stayed over 2 weeks. I heard her crying and took a bowl of dogfood to her, as I
had a dog at the time and no catfood in the house. Next day I went to town and got
some catfood and fed her and put water for her daily. After about a month she let me
see her and gradually let me touch her. One day I picked her up and found she was
due to have babies. I put a cardboard box with hay in the bottom in shed once used
for chickens, and gave it to her for her home. She had 3 kittens on Mother's Day and
2 weeks later, the day they opened their eyes, she ran under a car and left the kittens
to me to bottle feed and raise for her. I knew they needed mother love, so I turned it
on and brought the kittens into the house and raised them. Still have all 3. I fell so
in love with them I couldn't let anybody have a chance to mistreat one of my babies.

The smallest of the 3, Tapo, turned out to look just like the spirit cat. She runs with
her tail straight up and when younger looked just like the spirit cat. I've never seen
the spirit cat since she was born. I believe the spirit cat found a body and became
Tapo. She is so much like the spirit cat in the way she runs, walks. She darts in short
bursts of speed and then stops. Just like the spirit cat. Tapo was born ravenous. She
wanted food all the time. Using the bottle she struggled so hard with her front feet
to take hold of it she'd push it a way. Now that she's 11.5 yrs old she's round like a black
soccer ball with feet, head and tail. I'm happy for her that she found a body.

I've wondered if spirit cat might have been feral and died under the house of starvation
during a period of time with a couple feet of snow on the ground, which used to happen
here several times a winter. Now we seldom get more than a half inch. Also wonder if
she might have been hungry after all those years in spirit form unable to eat. Whatever,
she's my Tapo now, a wonderful cat.

hurry

Post subject: Re: Spirit cat
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:05 am 

What a sweet story. I don't doubt that Tapo is the spirit cat, and how wonderful that you've had all the kittens for so many years.

It makes sense to me that cats (and all animals) have spirits. I've read of people on their deathbeds who are met by loved ones and animals on the other side, who have come to get them. Also, not long ago we had posts about a nursing home, where there was a resident cat who would predict death of the residents. When it went and snuggled up with any one particular one, the staff would call the family members, and tell them that death was near.

Sadly, not everybody is open to the great mysteries of our feline friends. I heard a mother once tell her daughter that animals do not have souls, so they never go to heaven. Sad huh?

Tim

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:30 am 

Hi Tim

I agree. What fun would heaven be without animals? I've heard of nursing home pets
doing as you describe.

Tapo just now came for some loving. She likes to lie between the edge of the desk
and the keyboard with head on my arm. She's not quite as round as a soccer ball, but
certainly suggests one. Her first name was Tadpole because she was black and very
wiggly with a wiggly tail. She never liked the name and let me know. When I'd call her
Tadpole she'd look at me with eyes that said, 'Can't you give me a better name than that?'
So I shortened it to Tapo (pron. like taco) and asked her if that name suited her. It did.

A dog that lived with me 9 years died. Over the next 6 years she came to me in dreams
4 times. Every time it was real. Last time she walked into a dream. I was walking on a
sidewalk and she stepped onto the sidewalk from between 2 parked cars in front of me.
She was the color of moonlight. She let me know without words this was the last time
she'd be coming to me in dreams.

A few years later a neighbor called and said a dog was at their house. I don't have a dog.
Come get it. I was a little put off by the presumption, but knowing they don't like
animals I went to get the dog to feed it and find a home. The moment we made
eye contact I knew it was my friend who'd been visiting in dreams. I just knew it.
I brought her home and she lived with me the rest of her life. The dog she was before came
to me from the same people. Dog 2, Aster, helped raise the kittens in her old age.
She taught them to stay out of the road as little kittens. I'm grateful, because I wouldn't
know how to train a kitten to stay out of the road. She did it gently and without words.
They were visibly shaken when she died. Before she died, I told her if she wants to
move on to the next form after dog, she had my permission, that she didn't have to
come back to me again as a dog, though I'd love it if she chose to. She's been gone about
6 years now. I have a strong feeling that whatever form she takes next, we'll meet
again and know each other on sight. Phew. That brought tears.

I was told as a kid in church and everywhere else that animals don't have souls. I never
believed it. If they didn't have souls they wouldn't be living. The soul, as I see it, is the
life energy in every living being. And life energy is love. Every animal I've known has
been full of love. Like look at a cow and her calf. A horse and her foal. A dog and her
pups. Without mother love nothing could live. The vet told me my 2wk old kittens would
not live. I thought, but didn't say, My babies will live.

I learned a few years ago my great great grandfather (Civil War vet Tennessee) shot
himself in barn lot age 74. His dog wouldn't let anyone near the body til the 3rd day.
I thought: Good dog ! That's love.

hurry

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:01 pm 

I believe animals have souls, and that animals occasionally "come back..." either to thank us for our love and care, or to live a full life in a home of love where they perhaps spent just a few months, or the last years of an unhappy life with people who finally showed compassion.

Case in point: Over ten years ago we found a scraggly, VERY old and ill female cat at our vet's clinic. She had been found and brought in by a good samaritan who couldn't keep her. Dusty, as we named her, needed ringers daily, and other medications, and had a rather grumpy personality, but she loved me, and I grew to love the grumpy old girl. She was a diluted calico. (Three colors, but the colors were very muted; not the bright orange, black, and white we usually think of when we picture a calico.) We gave her the very best care money could afford for the last 3 years of her life, and when she died, I hadn't gone to the vet's with her that trip. I always felt guilty at not having been there to say good=bye to the sweet, old girl.

A couple of years later a kindle of kittens was brought into the vet and just left there. Luckily, a mother cat who was weaning her own babies, still had milk, so the kittens were put in the cage with the mother cat, and she began taking care of them. One of them was a diluted calico; all the rest were either tiger striped or black & white. I went in to look at all of them, and when I opened the cage door, one itsy-bitsy baby who didn't even have her eyes open yet stopped nursing and was trying to find where the scent of the human was coming from... I reached in and stroked her little head with my finger tip, and she reach up and put her paw on my hand. I knew right then it was Dusty; she'd come back; I was supposed to take her home and give her a complete life of love with us. So when she was old enough to be adopted, I brought her back with me and named her Sophie, because we don't name cats after deceased ones.

At night, as she's cuddling alongside me on the bed, sometimes I will whisper, "Dusty-wusty, I know who you are..." And Sophie immediately reaches out and puts a paw on my hand and begins to purr, then she gets up next to the side of my head and cleans my ear--just the way Dusty used to do.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:45 am 

Hi Tweaked

What a beautiful story of Dusty/Sophie. I'm with you that she came back for you.
I love touching your hand with her paw. The mother of my cats was that kind
of calico too, like a calico put in a blender. Somebody once told me the cat show
name for that kind of calico, but I forgot it. And Sophie pawing your hand and
licking your ear like Dusty is the giveaway. It really is Dusty. How fortunate for
you and for Sophie.

Caterpillar just now came up to be with me. She's a perfect Maine Coon except for
genetics. If she had kittens they'd be everything. There's nothing in this world like
being loved by a animal. They are the true innocents in this world of human
civilization. Whenever I see a roadkill I say a prayer for its soul. Today I saw 3
squirrels and 2 cats. Sometimes I bring roadkill cats home to give them a decent burial.
Also coons and possums. I have a roadkill cemetery with dutch iris and black eyed
Susans growing all over it. Since I've lived in the country, it's inevitable to run over
something from time totime. I tears me up whenever it happens. Like when a rabbit
or squirrel just runs under a tire, or a cat or sometimes a dog. I'll hit the brakes for
anything, even a snake, but sometimes there's not a chance to even lift foot off gas
pedal. I have to remind myself it's the nature of civilization, it's not my fault.

I've got to where I call all animals babies. They have a baby's innocence in relation
to our civilization, and I give them the same respect I give a baby. I always remember
something I read years ago by an Indian guru named Baba Hari Das. 'All babies are
yogis.' I wondered at the meaning until I got it. Now when I see a baby I see God in
purest form. I feel that way about the animals too. They're still in the Garden. It's
only us ejected from the Garden by our forebrain, the source of all our human woes,
like wars etc. But then ants have wars and slaves too. It's way more complex than that.

For about 5 years I had a little music store in town where I sold mountain music.
A friend had a cat, another calico in a blender, Pinky. His wife had left him and she
left the cat with him. He's somebody who believes cats are for target practice. He
hated the cat and was mean to her. Kept her scared all the time. I asked if I could
take her to the store to be the store cat. I changed her name to Pink. Pinky was too
much like a poodle. It took her awhile to get comfortable with people, but when she
did, she greeted everyone who walked in the store with a rub around the ankles.
Even people I'd never expect to like a cat took to her. She was a darling. After a couple
years she had a stroke. That's when I learned she was 13. I thought she was maybe 5 or 6.
Then a few months later another and another and then one day I found her dead.
Brought her home and gave her a good burial with much prayer. I was grateful that
at least her last years were happy and that I was able to give her a good life.

hurry

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:33 am 

NO LOVE or RESPECT ever shown an animal is lost in Time. NO LOVE ever shown a human is lost in Time. LOVE and RESPECT is the most relevant part of the existence of any living thing--be it a tree, a creature, a human, or an alien we don't understand. If we can learn to accept experiences we can't fathom, yet endure and survive and consider as just a part of our learning to BE ... the goodness we manifest within ourselves, and exude to the others, is always a "star in our crowns." It makes US better, and makes an impression on the living being with which we interfaced, even if it was just for a split-second of Time. I truly believe that.

When I was in Sedona, AZ in 2006 doing a documentary on UFOs and the Paranormal, I was introduced to a "thousand year old" tree... The psychic who was introducing me to that tree was telling me about how it had endured so much over it's lifetime. And when I embraced the trunk of the tree, I felt a SHOCK of some sort... it was like a flash of Eternity went through my Soul. It's sister tree/brother tree had died, just a couple of years previously, and the property owners were afraid this last one would NOT survive... so they called in Native American Healers to "talk to the tree" and let the tree know how valuable it is to the world. I guess that must have worked; the tree turned green again, and is still flourishing.

Attachments:
IMG_0662Copy.jpg
IMG_0662Copy.jpg [ 346.77 KiB | Viewed 9834 times ]
IMG_0660Copy.jpg
IMG_0660Copy.jpg [ 493.43 KiB | Viewed 9833 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:31 am 

Tweaked wrote:
I believe animals have souls, and that animals occasionally "come back..." either to thank us for our love and care, or to live a full life in a home of love where they perhaps spent just a few months, or the last years of an unhappy life with people who finally showed compassion.

Case in point: Over ten years ago we found a scraggly, VERY old and ill female cat at our vet's clinic. She had been found and brought in by a good samaritan who couldn't keep her. Dusty, as we named her, needed ringers daily, and other medications, and had a rather grumpy personality, but she loved me, and I grew to love the grumpy old girl. She was a diluted calico. (Three colors, but the colors were very muted; not the bright orange, black, and white we usually think of when we picture a calico.) We gave her the very best care money could afford for the last 3 years of her life, and when she died, I hadn't gone to the vet's with her that trip. I always felt guilty at not having been there to say good=bye to the sweet, old girl.

A couple of years later a kindle of kittens was brought into the vet and just left there. Luckily, a mother cat who was weaning her own babies, still had milk, so the kittens were put in the cage with the mother cat, and she began taking care of them. One of them was a diluted calico; all the rest were either tiger striped or black & white. I went in to look at all of them, and when I opened the cage door, one itsy-bitsy baby who didn't even have her eyes open yet stopped nursing and was trying to find where the scent of the human was coming from... I reached in and stroked her little head with my finger tip, and she reach up and put her paw on my hand. I knew right then it was Dusty; she'd come back; I was supposed to take her home and give her a complete life of love with us. So when she was old enough to be adopted, I brought her back with me and named her Sophie, because we don't name cats after deceased ones.

At night, as she's cuddling alongside me on the bed, sometimes I will whisper, "Dusty-wusty, I know who you are..." And Sophie immediately reaches out and puts a paw on my hand and begins to purr, then she gets up next to the side of my head and cleans my ear--just the way Dusty used to do.

Attachments:
File comment: Sophie & stuffed black cat
Zofe&Fake.jpg
Zofe&Fake.jpg [ 303.62 KiB | Viewed 9833 times ]

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 5:47 am 

My cat Joseph died last year and he sometimes jumps on the bed in his spirit form and I can feel him settling down in his regular spot and yes you can see the covers moving.

So animals have spirits, for sure.

Many years ago I was in a rural location and I was the only person for about 50 miles who spoke English, but nonetheless you don't need words to communicate with animals.

I happened to find myself at a small cattle butchering place, it was quite horrific. But what really got to me was the cattle waiting in line......they were crying. Very serious crying and that really did a number to me...these animals were heartbroken and totally traumatized by the experience.

Stuff like that you never forget.

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 7:42 am 

David, thank you SO MUCH for sharing Joseph's afterlife story... sometimes I've felt I'm the only one who has been made aware of our departed four-footed loved ones who come back to a familiar spot to grieve their physical loss, let us know they (as we) go one and on, and then find their and our ways to the next point in Time.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who knows the animals feel just as we do... it's just that before death most of them are treated as "dumb" and after death most are dismissed as having no souls. Mankind has MUCH to learn before we can be considered humane, as a species.

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 10:35 am 

Don't forget Tweaked, it was not that long ago that animals were not considered to even have feelings....I mean how ignorant is that.

And they still insist animals are not really spirited beings, but thankfully the animals know better.