UFOSeek Forum

Community for discussion of UFO, Paranormal and mysterious topics
It is currently Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:27 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 3:07 am 
Unregistered
I just had to find a place to post this. I played the kid's game WAR with my 9 year old a few minutes ago in a room full of other family. Cards were shuffled and dealt. We played three cards and then both turned up a 3. Laid three cards down, the fourth one up for each of us was a 5. Another war. Dealt three more cards down, the next fourth one up for each of us was a 5. Three cards down, the next one up for each of us was an 8. Three cards down, the next one up for each of us was a Jack. Three cards down, the next one up for each of us was a Queen. I only had three cards left (My daughter had evidently misdealt herself an extra) so we each played two cards down, and the last one up for each of us was...a 9. I was BEYOND freaky, and probably the strangest part of it all was that as it was happening I could see it unfolding and knew each time that we would match again, like I was watching a movie. So. 3, 5, 8, J, Q, 9. The cards are still lying on the rug downstairs because I don't want to move them!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 5:48 pm 

Mmm pretty interesting story. Perhaps your daughter is playing games with you. However try to do it again and try to see what’s going on in your mind. [;)]
___

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 1:01 pm 
Unregistered
Maybe you should use them as lottery numbers... just a thought!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 1:46 am 
Unregistered
[i][#00bf00]I am a card reader so i understand what's going on here but so do you and as a reader it's very hard for me to just play a game of cards, i tend to start seeing a reading instead of a simple game of snap with my 4 year old lol .[/#00bf00][/i]
[i][#00bf00][/#00bf00][/i]
[;)]
[i][#00bf00][/#00bf00][/i]
[i][#00bf00]Kizzie xxx[/#00bf00][/i]
___

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 2:46 am 
Unregistered
I had a similar game with a friend of mine with War. Though at the very end he won. It was interesting. We tried to duplicate it afterwards but couldn't. *shrugs* I guess the cards wanted to be funny :)
___

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 6:10 pm 
Unregistered
The law catches up with everyone sooner or later, but it catches up with us all>
This is of course, the law of averages.....
J.B.Rhine did some very freaky experiments with cards and esp years ago....
They concerned predicing the turn over of a set o 5 suits...crosses and such simple designs...
The average was then calculated, and the amount over that was conesidered a guage of ones precognition...
There is a great deal of controversy over wheather those were legitamate tests but by and large they were accepted as a start in the investigation of such powers of concentration and esp.
The odds against such a series of doubles is astronomical after three sets i would think...with the odds climbing considerably with every set.
Still it is barely within the realm of possibility that this was a natural hand....
I suggest testing yer child fer chreating first, then esp....;)
bergle
___

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 7:57 am 

Are we questioning the validity of ESP etc.???? I hope not, but want to be sure.
___

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 4:17 pm 
Unregistered
Not on my part...permit me a little humour now and then...i dry up and blow away if i dont get to out a few of my poorly tastefull mumbles.....
The point here is that the repetition is key to the supposition of a definate talent or proclivity to esp.
The one shot deal may be tk(telekenesis)but it must be repeatable to define as such.....otherwise we can only scratch our heads with wonder, and draw no permanent conclusions either way.....
I fully believe in such perspacity in the human genotype somewhere....but its either just comming into the strain....or just leaving....bergle
___

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 5:49 pm 

To be honest with you, that card came outcome would have been freaky to me too. It seems almost like there was an invisible hand in there somewhere maniuplating the cards. I think the odds of that happening again would be astronomical, and unfortunately, not likely to be repeated. Because it was by 'chance' and not design (not set up scientifically for a test) it would be hard to replicate like Bergle said (unfortunately!). By contrast, I remember in college a test where all of us had to take a stab at identifying 10 cards by trying to 'see' them when they were each held up with the blank side toward us. I did not have the gift of being able to see what each card was, and scored in the 'are you kidding me, you didn't get one right?' category during the analysis.

I did once however, have a housefull of company one weekend, and was making fried eggs. I had one of those nice big cast iron frying pans. Anyway, I had about 8 eggs in the pan, and each one had two yolks. What are the odds of something like that happening; I've never seen it again since. I have a picture of it somewhere. I think that my experience might be similar to yours in that it's weird but, having gone through probably 100 thousand dozen's of eggs since, i've not had a single double-yolk.

Tim
___

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 7:19 pm 
Unregistered
Well you had yer share!
Ive kept chickens fer eggs lots in the past...
the odds on 8 doubles in the pan at the same breakage....well, thats marvelous!
What kind of barred rocks did you say they were?
The remote viewing project is about to get underway....We do have the lessons free to download and try at your leasure,for those who want a look ....pun intended....
The idea we are not up to doing this type of investigation has got to be put to rest.
The way we are going to end the secrecy is by parting the curtain ourselves...not by pleading with those whose lives are hanging onto the balance of managing to KEEP those secrets....
If remote viewing can work for the military it is darn sure it can work for good too.
Maybe even more so.....
The project may take some work and personal efforts to keep up with the lessons They total about a couple days worth of time in one hour or shorter parts.....
But we will have something to report by next spring or earlier....
(you can see ive left us some slack there....)
Either we take matters into our own hands or we get left out it seems.......
Any other esp type endeavours we can rustle up wouldnt hurt either....
Any suggestions would be welcome here..................
bergle
___