UFOSeek Forum

Community for discussion of UFO, Paranormal and mysterious topics
It is currently Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:40 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: apparition sighting
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:15 pm 
Unregistered
Before I tell of my apparition sighting, a little about me and a background would be helpful to explain the situation. I am in my 40's, not in my teens or 20's when imagination runs wild from what is seen on TV. I am a skeptic. My father died in August of 2007. This Saturday I was laying in my bed half asleep waiting for the alarm clock to go off at 7am. Actually, I was not alseep, but going in and out of sleep. The experience was a three step process, and none of the individual processes overlapped. First I felt if someone in the room put their hand against the side of my head on the left side. Second, I heard a sound. The sound was like electricity. It seemed to be either in or just outside my head. Third and lastly, when I came to full conscience and looked up at the sealing while lying in bed, I saw dancing on the ceiling or just above my head what appeared to be saint elmo's fire. A similar description could be like the electricty seen in a science toy of jacobs ladder. It was pure electricity and scared the hell out of me. The whole thing disappeared faster than it came. The event has happened not once, but twice with the second much more intense than the first. Has anyone experienced similar situtations, or am I just experiencing what my mind wants to experience? Don't be shy to tell me some nuts and bolts need tightening; I am a skeptic remember. The loss of my father was hard. The second experience that happend around my house one year before the death of my father, and a couple weeks after his death was an unexplained smell. My house has smoke detectors in every room. I smelled something burning. If you ever smelled burning electrical wiring, you will know. I searched every corner of the house with an extinguisher including the electrical panel and the wall outlets. Nothing. There was no smoke seen and none of the smoke detectors sounded off. Is this what I think it is ?!

Post subject: Re: apparition sighting
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:43 pm 

Your post reminds me in some ways of BrightLightBilly, who posted not too long ago about electrical impulses and highly charged reactions, happening to himself (or more likely because of himself)with anything electrical. The smell of smoke resulting from some sort of discharge makes sense.

Maybe you are in a situation where you can only eliminate what it isn't caused by. I think that you found it real enough to check the whole house with a fire extinguisher, this experience has a cause, whether it can be attributed to faulty wiring, or some sort of communication from beyond. Either are very real possibilities.

Have you had any other weird things happen that you cannot explain? Is this continuing for you, and have you found any resources that might help explain it?

And no, I don't think you're missing any nuts and bolts. ;)

Tim

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:34 pm 
Unregistered
Tim,

I answer your question about other sensations; the answer is yes. There are times in areas of my house, that feel exactly like when this apparition was next to me. Relating to my posting experience, after I saw the electricity, when I turned my head to the side of the bed I knew something was there. Now this is hard to explain because it's personal experience and impossible to prove. When I turned my head, there was nothing to be seen. Something said there was something there, but my eyes differed to agree. The sensation I got was similar to the sensation of pulling several G's in an aircraft. Another description is the whole room feels dense as well as my insides. This caused me to think it was my father, and I started to try to communicate verbally. That did not last long, because the whole experience was sort of scary. I can't explain it any better than that. I never have had any bizarre experiences until the last year or so. Some other odd things that happened were during dreaming in sleep. Those kind of experiences I blow off as subconscience release of somekind in a dream state, but it's what happens when I wake. A smaller experience awhile back happened at the time of waking. I saw a very thin pillar of electricity or fire at the foot of the bed. That was it, it came and went. That was before my father passed away, so his death can logically have no connection. The most strangest thing is I don't much believe, until now, in paranormal phenomena. Being college educated with an emphasis on the study of science has caused me, as you said in other words, to look at both side of the coin. We are also a culture used to wathcing ghost busters and b rated Vincent Price flicks. Sublimal messages can make fantasy appear to become reality. The one thing I can say, the experiences come by surprise when least expected. Anotherwords, I don't go looking for them.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:35 am 

I think what makes experiences like this true, is simply that they happen. With your one experience you noted which happened before your father died, could very well have been a knowing of the event, although you would not likely have had the thought consciously. How these things manifest, or why, I personally think, is a matter of acceptance that they may not necessarily happen for 'earthly' explanations.

I was many years trying to understand funerals. I could not accept, even as a little girl, that people were just 'gone' because they weren't at the dinner table on Sunday night. I have, all my life, felt the presence of many people, in particular, my best friend, Doug. Another is a friend who was killed in the line of duty, he was a police officer. I have actually felt their presence, as I did with others when I was younger, and with no prior mindset (like you), they just happened. It did not occur to me until many, many years later that this was not 'normal', and people really do think that loved ones are indeed, gone. That was as unnatural a thought for me to accept, as their presence was real. It had/has nothing to do with feeling lonely, or not accepting death as we are supposed to through the stages of grieving. Knowing how I have come to accept how I feel is as real as the freckles on my face.

Other things happen that i won't go into here, but with any such experience, it is a shock. There is a need to know what the hell is going on, and fear is a natural response. It is natural that you would look to answers that will give you peace of mind, and keep you grounded. But, maybe it is just as natural that you would question the obvious answers you seek, because it is very hard to accept otherwise, yet, answers are hard to come by. With me, eventually it was just easier to accept what 'is', and let life revolve around that. The more comfortable you are with the thoughts and ideas which may explain your experiences in paranormal realms, the better you will be to accept this as a very natural part of life itself.

I know exactly what you mean when you say you know a presence is near you. I think in the living we'd call it vibes, and some people literally scare me even if they are silent and five feet away. There is an underlying energy that is very, very real. So too, it is, I think, the same, only on the other side of what we can physically account for.

It might be helpful to keep a journal of your experiences. You may find that as time goes on, some of which you experience may very well have been foreshadowed by clues and experiences that you couldn't explain at the time. It is comforting to know that most things eventually make sense. Writing things out will help to take away the fear as well.

I hope that BrightLightBilly will read this and comment on the more physical aspects of the electrical phenomenon, or anybody else with knowledge of this. I am curious as to where this comes from and why it is manifested in this way.

Tim

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:25 pm 

Hi your post caught my eye when you mentionrd dreaming or in a dream state. I have been studying all facets of paranormal occult, vampires etc, with a lot of years sudying vampirism. I knew exactly how you felt when you were describing being in and out of sleep, but before I get into that let me say that after much study and corrospndence with many people I have come to believe that I have a strong tendency to be what is known as a psi vampire. I do not crave blood nor do I want to sleep in a coffin but believe me there are thousands who do. A psi vampire is someone who drains the energy from someone sitting or standing close by and I have no control over it. For years I had people tell me that spending a little time with me they felt extremely tired afterward. At first I put it down to nothing but when freinds and even family started telling me this I began to try and understand why and 30 years later here it is the only explanation I can find and I myselgf feel stronger when I am surrounded by a lot of people like on a crowded subway.Imagine the trouble I have trying to keep a relationship going. Back to you I have been trying to remote view for awhile now and it takes a lot of self discipline and meditation and I can fall asleep and put myself in a state of being asleep but not really asleep but in between asleep and awake. I am paralysed and cannot move but I am awake at the same time and know everything going on around me and I can go back into a dream and interact but knowing all the while it is a dream. It scared the crap out of me at first until I undrestood what was going on and I think that is what happened to yopu , ypu fell into this state and things manifested themselves but yet yoy were not asleep nor awake. Does that make any sense to you? I may be wrong but it does sound similer to my experiances. Alucard

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:01 pm 

Interesting post. I have never heard of psi vampires, although in the traditional sense of vampires taking something from you in order to survive (blood), that they take energy makes sense. I have been drained by such people, but they are usually very negative, violent, psychotic sort of individuals. Being in their presence leaves you feeling exhausted, even if there is no conversation or activity going on, and even in the presence of others. Positive energy vs negative energy, the clash of the energies! Dark over light, evil over good, many similarities.

When this energy taking is not physical, why is it used for sustinance? Is this a relatively newly defined phenomenon?

Tim

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:37 pm 
Unregistered
I really don't know what to make of the last couple posts on vampires. I don't believe in literal vampires, but do believe in vampires that drain ones energy. One can be surrounded by energy draining vampires at home, in the workplace, on the dating seen, etc. Basically, their personality is a drain on all those they come in contact with, whether it be bitching, complaining, burdening others time needlessly, living off others, etc. Like I said before, my belief system is simple and pragmatic. In a way, yes, vampires can drain the blood from others. It just may not be the red, hemoglobin type :)

gat

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:21 am 

Gat, my mother (I felt) was an emotional vampire while she was alive. people left her, feeling drained... not just me, but her closest friends.

The ONLY time I felt "at ease" with her, and didn't come away drained, was when she was playing the piano. I think that's because she was GIVING instead of feeding.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:35 pm 

Hi Tim, nice to meet you. The whole thing with being a p.s.i. vampire is that all my life people complained tp me that after hanging around with me for awhile they felt extremely tired and sometimes even a little disoriantated. I put it down to stuff like when I was younger I smoked a lot of weed so naturally the people I was with thought that it was the weed that was making them feel this way. It wasn't until I stopped smoking that I began to realise that something else was gouing on and thats when I turned the bulk of my studies of all things paranormal to vampirism. Believe me , I think I have read and hung around libraries forever and I founf a book on the physioligy of vampires. It went into great detail as to what physical changes a body would have to do if one really was a vampire and dfrank blood. However it also had a chapter on psi vampires and although I had heard of them many times before it wasn't until I read this book that I began to really understand what was going on with me and there are many documented cases of this.So now what do I do? I was freaked out, my biggest fear before this was being possesed by an evil demon, but now my whole world was turned upside down, I began using heroin and anything that would make me 'out of it' because my mind could not deal. Now over twenty years have passed I have learned to control it but not completely sometimes I feel like I didn't get enough nsleep and thats usually a warning sign that everyone I come close to that day will probably leave me and feel very tired. But after I understood I was able to learn to live with it and sometimes I can go for weeks and weeks without feeling tired so I know I can be around other people but even when I feel the worst nobody is in any danger from me except feeling very tired. I cannot drain someone of there so called lifeforce as I only take enegy not souls and I know it sounds crazy but I used to be afraid I could kill somebody if I took all there energy but no I cannot do this and what a relief that was, so I'm harmless really and I thank whatever power is watching over me that that is all I can do. Does this help yopu understand it a little more? alucard

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:04 pm 

I just wanted to say one more thing about a post someone else wrote. It was about psi vampires usually being violent or psychotic. I can assure you that I am probably the least violent person there is. I mean if I am backed into a corner I can and will fight or if someone threatens my family I will fight, but all of us have a fight or flight reaction built into our dna for the preservation of our species. As to the question of good and evil, I do believe that there are many evil entioties and I have come across psi vampires tyhat will take ones energy whetheer thier body needs it or not and I have confronted such people And they are pretty much psycho but there is not much I can do except to interfere with them as they try to take someones energy I can feel their presence say on a crowded subway car because I can feel them trying to drain my energy and I just try and drain thiers so usually it just makes neither one of us able to do anything as we are so centered on each other but I do not go looking for such people. If I did that all of my time would be spent running around and then my body would be forced to seek out energy. By the way I have tried to get energy from electrical sources but it does not work it only works on living organisms but it seems that young children and animals aren very aware of what you are they might not gasp the idea but they do seem to be very aware that there is something different about you. By the way children also are sensitive to anything paranormal and the idea of good and evil and children are not afraid of me. They either consciously or subconciously know that I am not bad or evil and at family gettogethers it seems all the kids love to play with me. I think it's because I am so choldlike in the sense that I love to see a child laugh and smile. It toucheas something in all of us to see a child happy I think so anyway. I have a daughter who is 23 now and she grew up very happy and has a happy and good life today so I don't think I am evil. alucard

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next