UFOSeek Forum

Community for discussion of UFO, Paranormal and mysterious topics
It is currently Sun May 28, 2017 1:37 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:39 am 

There's a poem on a bronze plaque in the Garden of Remembrance in Lockerbie, Scotland, that spells out the anguish of the Pan Am 103 tragedy. It was written by one of 36 University of Syracuse students who died in that flight. She was Karen Lee Hunt, age 20, and as I recall she wrote the poem to her boyfriend just before the flight. I wanted to preface my note with that poem, and I believe you will understand why. It is touching the way her words reach out, gilded in a premonition before her final journey in this bewildering world.

"Something has happened to keep us apart,

But always and forever you're in my heart,

Some day soon, from now till forever,

I'll meet you again and we'll be together,

I'm not sure how, and I'm not sure when,

Together, forever, somewhere my friend."

KLH

The beginning of my involvement with Pan Am 103 was 12 days short of a full year, when I saw the dreadful explosion in the skies. However, what the paranormal had revealed was more than an exploding Boeing 747. It had shown a composite of two aircraft, the other being a Boeing 737. This is all given in the narrative which follows. Included as noteworthy are parallels to J.W. Dunne, “An Experiments with Time.’ Nearly 60 years earlier he experienced striking similarities except for one main difference. Some of what Dunne experienced in dreams I experienced in visions. I make a point of this early because “false reports” make up a large part of the paranormal mystery in the demise of Pan Am 103 and Flight 3780. Both are discussed in detail.

I was in communication with Dr. John Beloff, then editor of the Society for Paranormal Research in London, who invited me to submit a paper of my experiences concerning Pan Am 103. I was flattered and graciously accepted. However, after receiving my script and reviewing it, Beloff informed me that the referees rejected the submission. My experiences could not be demonstrated or be repeated in a laboratory. Thank goodness!

To the world at large the tragedy of Pan Am 103 began the evening of 21 December 1988, when the flight exploded in the air over the Scottish town of Lockerbie, killing all 259 people onboard and 11 people on the ground. It was declared the worst air-disaster of the century. Nearly a year earlier I had experienced a foretelling of that ill-fated flight and again five hours before final takeoff to JFK airport.

The experience was a duet, meaning two happenings in a paranormal encounter. In this case the encounter was two visions appearing in sequence 29 December 1987 in what is best described as two-film ‘stills’. I was part of the vision and was ‘here and there’ at the same time. Some call the phenomena non-locality of consciousness while others call it OBE. I consider the former as more descriptive, but maybe a simpler explanation is expanded awareness (EA) and make note of the fact that each experience offers uniqueness. Suffices, the simpler EA is favored for placing the emphasis on the experience rather than on lofty wording. ‘Stills’ is a good analogy for describing the timeless paranormal in a framework of "movement without motion."

In some visions, I am looking at myself elsewhere. That elsewhere is spatial and is sometimes dominated by the presence of an unidentifiable other being. In the first still, I was viewing myself at cruising altitude of a jet airliner that I initially thought was a B-747. I was observing the aircraft from below the fuselage and was so close I could touch it. The second still was of the same jet that by now had passed and was distant. I saw two explosions coming out the top in presumably a timed sequence. Again, it was the strangeness of movement without motion. Both explosions were ‘there’ in the same still with no beginning or ending, but with time factored in I believe the occurrence was in a timed sequence. I immediately documented the account in a letter to Roger Siggs, my contact with the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) in San Jose, California, and mailed the letter that same morning. It is copied below.

LETTER to FAA:

Tuesday, December 29, 1987

Dear Roger:

I saw another one. I should telephone you, but would rather not. The aircraft was in the sky. There was an explosion coming out the top, followed immediately by a second one, which was much bigger than the first.

Prior to it (the explosions) I kept seeing a 747, like the thing was in my face. I think it was a 747 because as you look at it head on, the upper part of the fuselage (canopy) is trapezoidal. The lower might be bullet shaped and imposing.

From my position, the aircraft was flying west from north of here. It was sunny.
I tried to get as much information as I possibly could (probing). I thought of Flight 1771 and, of course knew what that was. Flt 431, 1721 and twice (then and later) 803. Date: January 1st or 2nd. The latter seems more likely?? I also got the skies of united, but I am not sure how much stock to place in that. Like I indicated, I wanted to get as much information as possible.
This experience was most unusual. It happened shortly after 5:20 AM. I was awake then, as I had been all night. I had been awake over five hours and it seemed like one hour. I do not remember anything like that before.
Sincerely,

Still feeling anxious that morning, I telephoned Roger, even though in writing I said I would not. I explained a letter was forthcoming and gave additional details. I said the first and smaller of the two explosions had come out the top near mid-section of the aircraft. The second explosion was forward of the first and came out the top also.

As noted in the letter, two predicted dates were given for the first bombing, but 2 January 1988 was pointed out to be the more likely date. Four days after my paranormal encounter, the San Jose Mercury News, San Jose, CA reported that on 2 January 1988 the Kurds claimed to have exploded a bomb onboard a B-737 chartered aircraft off the Aegean coast of Turkey for landing at Izmir. The report was not entirely accurate and I will go into that later. Flight 3780 had originated in Stuttgart, Germany carrying 16 passengers and crew members. None survived. Upon learning the airliner was a Boeing 737 and not a Boeing 747, I researched both types and learned that the canopy of a B-737 is trapezoidal in shape, unlike that of a B-747. The nose cone of a B-747 is longer and more imposing. I realized that the single aircraft I had psychically observed in the first still was actually a composite B-737 and B-747. I could only guess a bombing of a B-747 was to follow, but when? It never occurred to me that the bombing would eventuate 12 days short of a full year in what was to become the one-year cycle.
My letter to Roger was returned, stamped "Return to Sender," and he was no longer receiving my phone calls. I wrote him believing there was some mistake, but all letters were returned. I contacted the FBI but they were not the least receptive. I felt committed to take this as far as possible, despite the shabby way I was being treated. Something new had happened in the midst of unspeakable horror, that with their cooperation this could lead to safer skies. I could not get past the telephone receptionist who was screening my calls. Then on 21 December 1988 at 5:00 AM, Pacific Time, another vision occurred. It was fleeting and hardly believable and is described below:

I was a part of the vision looking far down on the wreckage left in the aftermath of a large airliner crash. Off to the side, a large portion of the plane appeared isolated from the rest of the wreckage. It appeared to be an engine, or an engine cowling.

It was the fuselage.

What followed just five hours later was the bombing of Pan Am Flight 103. The Boeing 747 had crashed into the Scottish village of Lockerbie. Reportedly, the bomb had exploded in the cockpit of the jumbo jet while en route to Kennedy Airport from Heathrow in London. Not unlike Flight 3780, but different in scope, first media reports would prove inaccurate for stating that a radio-cassette player was rigged as a bomb and planted in the cockpit. Instead, the plant was in the left cargo compartment and changes the picture. Two Libyan intelligence officers were said to be responsible in retaliation for the missile downing of Iranian Flight 655 six months earlier, killing all 290 passengers and crew aboard. President Reagan refused to issue an apology to Iran (San Jose Mercury News, 7 July 1988) that could have made a difference and was to have serious repercussions for leading to the fatal bombing of Pan Am 103 six months later. The taking of 52 hostages in Iran nine years earlier and holding them captive for over a year was still an emotional issue clouding the air over Washington. Nonetheless, the destruction of a commercial airliner ordered by Captain Will Rogers III of the cruiser U.S.S. Vincennes and then his lying about details to a Naval Inquiry Board was not supported by a guilt ridden crew. They came forward one at a time in the years to follow to set the record straight. Radar had shown that the Iranian flight was not in "attack mode," as Captain Rogers claimed, but was in a climbing pattern from take-off at Iran International Airport. Worse, Rogers denied that the Vincennes was in Iran’s territorial waters, when he ordered the destruction of flight. Time would prove otherwise.

The Flight 103 bombing had been revealed one year earlier together with Flight 3780. Subtle or otherwise, the message was "it is too late!” Up until five hours before at approximately 1400 hours, the bombing of Flight 103 might have been averted. The B-747 had landed at Heathrow Airport six hours before a turn-around flight to Kennedy, and in that time the explosive device was planted. The assassins entered the aircraft within an hour of its arrival to coincide with my psychical experiencing.

The scene of wreckage below continues to be baffling. I saw nothing of the immediate aftermath, when police rushed in to cordon off the area and ambulances and fire trucks moved in quickly. I saw nothing of smoke or any of the mobile lighting systems illuminating the grizzly scene. What the vision revealed was wreckage and nothing else. It was dark, eerie and confusing and looked like a gravesite. I do not want to go too far astray, but I wonder of a place and future elsewhere. Perhaps this was a prediction on a prediction for hinting more about the many mysteries that surround us. Obviously, I have come to the end of the road for the very difficult questions, but one thing seems clear. There was a reason for seeing the wreckage preserved, and nuances continue even to this day to be haunting. For example, not long ago I was startled awake from a deep sleep by a woman’s shriek. I have never heard such a horrible sound coming from another person. Pan AM 103 was occupying my mind, so what was I to think?

The second explosion in that second ‘still’ was testimonial. The cryptic synthesis indicated that two tragic events were explosions. The first explosion was the smaller of the two and gave credence to the bigger one to follow, although at the time I never imagined a year later. No other B-747 crashed in that time. It was ironic the way the paranormal revealed events. Beginning with Flight 3780 the Kurds reported they were responsible for the bombing and this is consistent with what I saw in the second ‘still’. However investigative reports stated the aircraft "crashed on approach" with no mention of a bombing.

Quote:
"The aircraft was off the ILS side beam and crashed into a hill on approach in poor weather. The crew used the wrong VOR and ILS. Pilot overconfidence and co-pilot inactivity during the approach."

I looked for anything that might shed more light in past reporting and learned that the New York Times through the Associated Press (AP) had run an article on the crash January 3rd without any mention of a bombing. Consistent with the Internet report, "Major Airline Crashes", the Times stated that the crash occurred Saturday, January 2nd in mountainous countryside. However, the former indicated January 4th as the day of the tragedy and even that was incorrect. There is no doubt the crash occurred January 2, consistent with my psychical experiencing. It is outrageous the way the news services mauled the truth.

It was puzzling that the paranormal described a scenario based on erroneous news instead of the final report issued by the National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB). Moreover, a similar and confusing circumstance was with Pan Am 103. As mentioned, the second explosion in the ‘still’ was forward and atop the aircraft and that, too, correlated with initial news reporting. However, the investigation proved that a cassette bomb was not in the cockpit, as originally disclosed, but instead in the left side of the cargo hold where it exploded. Major Airline Crashes stated the following:

"An item which was subsequently identified by forensic scientists at the Royal Armaments Research and Development Establishment (RARDE) as belonging to a specific type of radio-cassette player and that this had been fitted with an improvised explosive device (IED)."

Quoting from Appendix b:

"The in-flight disintegration of the aircraft was caused by the detonation of an improvised explosive device located in a baggage container positioned on the left side of the forward cargohold at aircraft station 700."

See also the NTSB /MR-02-90 Report.

The NTSB reported the aircraft exploded in a massive fireball, which does not coincide with the ‘still’. If the bomb had been planted as described in those first reports, the explosion would not have come out the top, yet that was as I perceived it. The paranormal had echoed back an image of what I thought would happen based on those initial reports. It had shown a composite in the first ‘still’, which met the future in every detail and then shown something unexpected in a second ‘still’. It was not until gathering information from my other episodes, past and future, that I realized the truth. In both tragedies, the paranormal revealed first reports and not final ones. Additionally, it had shown results, not as they would occur but as I would perceive their occurrence, demonstrating once again an extreme for being personal.

As already mentioned, no other Boeing 747 exploded in that year’s time. The duality of the experience revealed that an explosion on board a B-737 would be the first to materialize, the geographical location of which seems to have been a reference point for the B-747 explosion to follow. That was in my letter to Roger, above, quote: “In west from north of here.” ‘Here’ was the geographical location of the crash site near Izmir and not where I was at the time. My insignificance was being preserved. Duets must share commonality, and I had thought ‘explosion’ was the link. However, there was no explosion, as the Kurds claimed, so what was the commonality? Was it the vector that linked the two flights geographically? If so, the paranormal has introduced another subtlety for lifting us higher into its mysterious realm.

The focus now shifts to Pan Am 103 for discerning similarities with Flight 3780 in the way it was reported. Recall that two explosions were revealed in the second ‘still’ and both coincided with initial press releases. In both cases, the paranormal revealed to my wrong perception. An explosion coming out the top of the aircraft correlates with where the explosive device was initially reported to have been planted but was not. Had the explosion occurred in the cockpit, the resulting force would have been different than what I perceived. However, the paranormal had imaged the explosion just the way I would imagine and not the way it was. It is baffling.

A similar baffling circumstance is noted with Flight 3780. The Kurds claimed responsibility for the bombing, a bombing that never occurred, and the news media ran with the fictitious claim. The paranormal revealed to that claim and, additionally, displayed it the way I would perceive the exploding force. I can see both ‘stills’ as vividly now as I did back then. Both tragedies occurred after 7:00 PM (1920 hours and 1902 hours, respectively) and the impression was dusk based on the diminished light in the second ‘still’, but I am unable discern how dark it was at those times at cruising altitudes. Refer to the FAA letter, above.

Paranormal messaging often links to sensationalism. Consider the John F. Kennedy tragedy while he was flying his Piper Laurie Saratoga airplane in poor weather conditions. Because of poor visibility leading to vertigo, he lost control of the airplane and perished at sea along with his two passengers on 31 July 1999. Kennedy did not have a pilot instrument rating. As was characteristic back then, tragedy occurred six days after my experiencing. The paranormal had echoed to sensational journalism. I do not mean to imply it is the way of the paranormal. If the tragedy had occurred to an ‘unknown’ the likelihood is the accident would not have been paranormally revealed.

What does it say about the paranormal? Undoubtedly, it says many things. I am pondering psychic echoes and, admittedly, am unable go any further with it. Time will open more doors and the promise is wondrous for what we can learn of its intrigue.