UFOSeek Forum

Community for discussion of UFO, Paranormal and mysterious topics
It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:50 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:40 pm 

I wasying on my couch which is pretty much all I can do these days as I am still pretty sick, anyway I was thinking about what draws so many of us to the paranormal or better yet, the unknown.
Is it mans quest for answers to questions that are truly deep meaningful questions or is it just in our nature as humans to be inquisitive about things we know so little of but feel that if we knew thw the answers to these questions we would better understand the meaning of life, or the how and what we are as a species. I do not know but what my own theory or what I think is that first of all the media has played a big part in sparking an intrest in all things such as vampires werewolves and they have glamorised them making them desirable. Good looking, tons of money and wealth and most importantly to live forever, immortality. Man has been searching for immortality since the ancient summarians and how do we know that a select few have not found it? The answer is we don't.
I guess in summation, we search for the answers because we want to know if there is more to life than this cosmic microsecond we call a lifetime, or maybe we wish to see someone that has passed on who we miss terribley, it could be for many reasons and I believe we already have had contact with aliens, ghosts and many other things we know so little of. So let me know what you think, I thought it would make for a good talk, fearless

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:00 pm 

I think it's the fact that man often needs a reason to explain unexplainable things. Paranormal can often be the reason for this, so it becomes a popular topic. Oh, and fearless, I hope you feel better.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:59 am 

fearless wrote:
we want to know if there is more to life than this cosmic microsecond we call a lifetime

I like this point of view.

I think if you spend all your life searching to find this answer. It would not be vested life. I think your mind is good, I mean you have good heart.
This means that all the answers are in you and you can see it by yourself. You don’t need books or someone telling you what is right and what is wrong. Be yourself and see for yourself. Not everyone has this compass in, but I think you do have this.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:34 pm 

Miro I compltly understand what you are saying and I thank you for your comments. I think I knew what you were saying but I needed to be reminded of it. It was only e few years ago when I realised this for myself and I get lost and lose focus on things. I often foget about what is truly important and I lose sight of what I already know. Can you understand what I am saying> I know you do so again I thank you for reminding me of this .
I sometimes thik if we knew all the answers we might not really want to know them after all. A better understanding of myself and living my life a certain way is all I need, for me its staying true to this path that I screw up and fall away from the road.Faith and hope are easy when life is easy but when things get hard then its not so easy to keep this faith and hopeIt is a testament to your insight that you can so easily see this in people. fearless

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:34 pm 

;)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:08 pm 

hi