UFOSeek Forum

Community for discussion of UFO, Paranormal and mysterious topics
It is currently Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:59 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:12 am 

Moonlit, I grew up with the Bible... Chapter and Verse. Sometimes I wish I could forget some of the things that were BEAT/SWITCHED into me, because I was a UFO Contactee, and had other teachers, as well, which led me to question all the teachngs I was supposed to "just accept" without any questions.

The Bible is (in my way of thinking) a good Historical Record of where some people and places were, which are now being proved by excavations, etc. But just because some things were written down, doesn't make them all true. I think (at BEST!) the Bible is a guideline, written down by PEOPLE like you and me who were interpreting what they THOUGHT to be Jesus' words, and God's Will, at THAT time.

Many things people think today (these/those authors/writers BELIEVE(D) to be Truth; for instance, look at the U.S. current President, George W. Bush) History will show he is/was a "bit touched"... and not (fortunately) by the Hand of any god.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:40 am 

My opinion is that religion is a way of putting meaning to what people cannot, or will not, understand about anything to do with UFO's or the paranormal.

I just posted a post on UFO evidence from 47,000 years ago. At that time, interpretations were made as they were only seen. There was no reference to those that drew the craft to christianity, or God or any bible or scripture. UFO's were just UFO's.

Kings and self-proclaimed prophets, and those that developed religion decided that it needed some sort of biblical explanation, because everything was created by a God. It was, and is in my opinion, a limited, simple view, to add meaning within religion itself. Much like major religions do with homosexuality. It is known to be biologically based, yet, the church has decided, according to its doctrine, that it is 'sinful'.

Perhaps in years to come people will outgrow the need for religion that defines who they are, and what their universe is, and freedom to grow spiritually without boundaries and restrictions that organized religion teaches.

It is impossible to explain christianity and UFO's, because UFO's go back farther in history than religion will ever be able to claim as theirs.

Tim

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:13 am 

Speaking of how the Bible "interprets" according to what's convenient, have you seen this? Suspend your prejudices long enough to enjoy this... it should have been written and released BEFORE the Nov. 4 Vote in California. It might have made a HUGE difference in the way the vote was perceived.

http://www.examiner.com/x-498-Indie-Rock-Examiner~y2008m12d4-Video-celebrities-fight-back-against-Proposition-8-with-musical

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:12 am 

I couldn't get the video to work in that link, but found one here that worked for me:

http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2008/12/04/pr ... -and-hate/

"Gay marriages will fix the economy" That was really well done. :D

Tim

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:08 pm 

This is just a teeny-tiny example of how religion "picks & chooses" it's interpretations. But it makes a BIG point.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:54 am 

Actually let me apologize. All hell has broken loose in my life, and I have been beyond stressed, and have had my heart totally broken by my now former best friend. I hope the entity in that house does not do them any harm, because I was the only one with any awareness of what to do about such things, and now it is just them alone, and all that negativity which was left there.

I just moved back to Greenwood for those who remember my sabatical from Washington state to out here, but I know this is the right place to be.

May God helps us all through our most trying times.

Amen.

I am almost back to myself, but have awhile to go, and of course there is no guarentee the fighting is over, I just hope it all turns out for the best. Love to you all.

Billy

I am creating guided meditation CDs which are distributed for donation only. I am calling this Project Nitesh (Nitesh = Heartbeat of the Earth.) To submit ideas, or request CDs, please private message me, all will be replied to, and all are welcome.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:35 am 

Billy, p.m. any of us when you need us! We're right here... just an "alert" away.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:12 pm 
Unregistered
They come to you from a world of worms. I've seen it, clinging onto a chainlink fence. We breed to feed. They come to us now to prepare us.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:10 am 

All systems are go. I am going to throw myself hardcore into understanding all which has happened to me, and all which I have experienced, right down to eliminating a!@ hole people from my life.

So long Brandon and Sammie, you were a major drain to my spirit, and may you suffer greatly for all you have done.

Sorry I am a little pissy right now, lol.

I am creating guided meditation CDs which are distributed for donation only. I am calling this Project Nitesh (Nitesh = Heartbeat of the Earth.) To submit ideas, or request CDs, please private message me, all will be replied to, and all are welcome.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:27 am 

Sometimes, you just have to let go of the negative.

Feels good when you do, I think it's called freedom.

Tim

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next