UFOSeek Forum

Community for discussion of UFO, Paranormal and mysterious topics
It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:55 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: what is a demon???
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:02 pm 

what I beleive and know is a demon is a negative lower fallen entity
I know of the pleadians the ascended ones and satan the fallen one

demons are supernatural and negative and feed off thoughts and dreams and imagination and mental illnesses.

they feed from fear and hopelessness of earth beings and also torment the world after death if those who choose to become ghosts.

if you choose jesus christ you will not be trapped on the earth because the world is of satan.

Post subject: Re: what is a demon???
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:33 am 

There are as many definitions of demons as there are religions to create them.

And why do we still believe in demons? Because it is convenient for those who wish to control us through fear of these interpretations.

I have even heard (especially lately) that gays are not Christians, can you believe that?

I am far more afraid of so called Christians knocking on my door spewing nonsense, than I am of a demon.

Tim

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:29 am 

Negative Forces come in all forms... some are ghosts, some come with whispers, and some come spewing fear for the sake of control.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:15 am 
Unregistered
According to early Church history Demons deriving from the original Greek word Diamon meaning part divine or could be translated fallen hero, was thought to be the offspring of the fallen angels which Genesis records as the Nephelim(Fallen ones or Giants) Genesis 6:2 These angelic host left their former state and had relations with the daughters of men and thus God had to destroy the world with the flood as a direct result of this unholy union. Justin the Martyl qoutes the book of Enoc chapters six and seven as well as the assumptions of Moses and the book of Jubilee (All books excepted by the early Church Fathers until the cannon of Scripture was radified.)
This union between the Sons of God and the Daughters of men(See Job 1:3 & Job 2:1 for interesing comparisons.) produced an offspring that was neither human nor angel and thus the word Nephelim was given to them. If I am not mistaken I thing the only modern Bible translation that will even dare translate this word is the King James version. Other translations keep the original Hebrew word Nephilim because it opens a can of worms for those who have preconceived ideas.
Now when the flood had come the mortal bodies of this offspring were destroyed however the divine could not and thus many early Rabbis and Jewish Historians including Josephus as well as early Church Fathers such as Justin the Martyl, Eusbias, Ignacious and a host of others believed these entities were the familiar spirits that the Bible talks about in the Old Testament who were also given the name demons who were the princes of the power of the air.
I admit this idea is not very popular within modern day christian circles because it sounds to Greek Mythology however remember it was Hebrew literature which came first thus who copied who.
Perhaps the biggest objection to this theory or interpretation, (besides other then the obvious super natural Sci-fi connection) is an assumption based upon a preconceived idea and that idea being since the Bible tells us that angels in heaven do not marry the assumption is made that they are not sexual beings. However, a rather easy explanation can be given as to why angels do not marry (In heaven) Because there are no such thing as female angels(I know its a bummer becaue I too loved to watch the TV series "Touched by an Angel" But if you read the account in Genesis woman did not come into existence until God created her from the rib of Adam. The reason why angels do not marry is because over 56 times God denounces homosexual activity as an abominaton.
I hope this helps

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:48 am 

So, angels are men, and men do not marry, therefore homosexuality is an abomination?

We really do have to get past all this biblical nonsense.

With all due respect, God is in itself, a matter of interpretation, depending upon one's religious point of view, and as such, the twists and turns of who is an abomination, and who isn't, is a result of really twisted thinking, no matter how you cut the cheese.

And why?

Power and control. As long as people can justify bigotry, hate, discrimination, abuse, and judgment upon others, and back it up with some churchs doctrine, we will remain in the dark ages of spirituality without borders.

We will also remain in the dark ages with holding those with those religious characteristics, unnacountable for their actions against their fellow man. (and woman).

Tim

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:21 am 

I agree, Timbit.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:04 pm 

Location: City of Redcliffe, just North of Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Diamon, Daemon, Demon, Corybantes, Curetes, Dactyls, Genii, Satyr, Devils, Bhaga, Sidhe
what ever name you want or wish, they are but the same thing

An entity whose actions and or intent bring harm, both physical and/ or spiritual to the living..
it is conceivable that even the living can be called a Demon...
for such creatures physical or etheral act without the structure or or limitations of Morals or Earthly rules...

perhaps one of the best depiction of a demonic force I have encountered in writting is that a Demon is a spirit whose sentient mind is so enamoured in the persuit of power that they will find any means to drain the life and will power out of the living, until that living person can give no more.. and should that person pass over while such a spirit is draining them, then they may just start on the same goals having been starved of life force... becoming a demon themselves

how's that for a reply 8-)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:41 pm 

Wow! What kind of coffee do you drink!!

That is one scary post. :o

Tim

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:18 pm 

Location: City of Redcliffe, just North of Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
heheh, why thank you timbit.... :D

Nescafe Blend 43,

I want to add my thought to something that was posted up above, about the diamon (a word I've never seen before) if the etymology (origin) of the word means "of divine" then perhaps the possibility should be explored that the old greek meaning of divine is not exclusive to "Heaven, God, Angels"

could it not be that in old greek (the so called time of Hercules and Zeus) Divine was a reference to "the other world" aka the spirit world, and not God's Heaven...
after all the origin of the word predates the Christian "Word"
by putting this forward I am not dismissing the believes of the Christians or Modern Parapsychology.
for I believe the answers we seek are known to all by many ways and many views... it is the common threads that we seek and call "truth"

(sorry I think that last cup of coffee was maybe too big!)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:15 am 

Joey fearless here, I just saw the post on demons.I believe demons were never human to start with, they were just beings made by the devil himself out of pure evil and their only purpose in this world is to cause as much chaos and havoc as they can.
I do not mess with anything that i think might be demonic as you can get possessed so easily. My advice and this is just me and my theories is demons are to be avoided at all costs.

Fearless