UFOSeek Forum

Community for discussion of UFO, Paranormal and mysterious topics
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:43 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 3:27 am 
Unregistered
Has anyone read the Book or seen the Mothman Movie, lets discuss our takes on what happened, and what it could all mean.
___

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:27 am 

I've read all the Mothman literature, seen the movie, and watched the specials done on it. I still don't have any insight to what it might be. It [i]could[/i] have been a mutated mammal of some sort, but that seems highly unlikely. There would be more of them, wouldn't there?
___

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:59 pm 
Unregistered
Well you see, the really odd thing which was experienced by a College professor, who then gave the book to my friend, who then gave it to me is this.

Now whether it is psychosematic, or just odd:

I started getting the phone calls, hearing the odd noises, having the people wearing black coming to my doors, granted they were not wearing the typical men in black concept, but were just as odd, and my animals were going absolutely insane and looking at things which I could not see, but could sense if you will.

This happened to all three of us. Then by telling my friend in Wisconsin which is quite a ways from Colorado, it began hapening to her. Very odd, not sure how that works or why, but in this case, it did.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:27 pm 

I have never been able to figure out any of The Men in Black conundrums, either. So many people have seen them between the 1950s and the 1990s; I haven't heard any reports of them more recent than 1990 in Kentucky, altho there might still be some that don't make the research circles. Usually they've been associated with UFO activity in the areas in which they are seen; most people have thought they were government people, but the handful of people I've met who actually had conversations, if you can call them that, with the weirdos, thought they behaved more like robots or androids from the Twilight Zone than real people. I don't think it's psychosomatic (in the [i]normal[/i] sense)--but rather they were information gatherers for whomever the UFOs belonged to... and if that's really the case, then yes--they would have tuned into you or anyone else (if a particular case is an ongoing investigation to them) to see what is being done with the information. Indeed, the Mothman might be the product of an alien encounter; I've often wondered if beings from crashes are always scooped up by the government, or, if in a few instances, some of them manage to elude their pursuers, and either don't look like us at all to begin with, and therefore, become the stuff monsters are written about. Or our toxic world might somehow alter their appearances into something they, themselves, don't recognize. Either way, if they were from another reality, another dimension, or another planet, more than likely they would be empathetic or telepathic, or both.

That's one thing always very puzzling to me... The Men in Black. You would think--since I had experiences all through my childhood--they would have been skulking around my area. To my knowledge, NO ONE ever saw them (I know I surely never did!) and you can believe, IF one or two of them would have been in the vicinity of my town, EVERYONE would have known about it. To the best of my information, no one has ever been given a "thought" to NOT remember them, so either they didn't have that capability, or their primary purpose was to scare the hell out of people and find out what the people had to say.

We live in a fascinating time frame, don't we? All these puzzle pieces, and we can't even find a big enough table to re-assemble them on!
___

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:34 am 
Unregistered
THIS IS THE ONLY"TABLE"WE HAVE SO LETS GET SOME USE OUT OF IT BEFORE IT TOO IS REGULATED OUT OF EXISTANCE......
PERHAPS YOUR MIBS WERE UNDERCOVER TWEAKS......ANY STRANGE FAMILY COME TO TOWN OR MAKE CONTACT WITH YOUR FAMILY BACK THEN?
OR EVEN STRANGE PERSON WHO REMAINED IN THE SHADOWS BUT PERIPHERALLY INVOLVED WITH YOUR LIFE SOMEHOW?
ANY RESCUERS WHO MIRACULOUSLY WERE THERE AT THE EXACT RIGHT TIME TO PULL YOU OUT OF SOMETHING?OR WHATEVER.....THINK ABOUT IT, BECAUSE IT COULD BE SOMEONE YOU NEVER WOULD EXPECT.....
SURELY THE ETS WOULD WANT INSURANCE TILL THEY HAD FROM YOU WHAT THEY WANTED........SOME SAVIOR YOU NEVER WOULD HAVE SUSPECTED OR SOME TEACHER OR WELL ANYBODY REALLY.....
GETTING BACK TO THE MOTHMAN, IT IS CERTAINLY POSSIBLE HE WAS STRANDED AS A TIME OR EVEN DIMENSION TRAVELLER.......FLYING HUMANS WOULD BE FROM SOME OTHER ENVIRONMENT WHERE IT IS WIDELY POSSIBLE FOR THEM TO DO SO.....
tHERE HAVE BEEN OTHER REPORTS OF FLYING HUMANS LATELY TOO, AND ONE I NREAD COULD HAVE BEEN MOTHMANS BROTHER..........I JUST HAVE TO FIND IT FOR YOU.....
___

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 2:42 am 
Unregistered
[cool] Was in Pt. Pleasant when some of this was taking place.
Did not see mothman but listened to some people that had seen
the critter. Their discription sounded more like a pterasaur than
a mothman. Did not see any MIB Have since read of other
sightings of possible pterasaur in Pennsyvania and the mts of wv.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:24 am 

[tongue] Spent a week in Pt.pleasent with my wife when some of the mothman sightings
were going on. Dont remember any men in black. Never heard of MIB until a friend
of mine by the name of Grey Barker from Clarksburg Wv mentioned the men in black
in a Ufo book he wrote in the mid 60's. After that book was published the MIB's
started to come out of the woodwork. Strange
___

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:04 am 
Unregistered
Whos afraid of MIB?
Whats yer take on what ya heard when there?
Were all the locals like talking in the diner about it?Any tidbits or impressions either of you?
Yer the closest to an eyewitness to any of the mothman story ive met!
Pray clue us in to some human to human contact on the matter.
Books and stories are one thing but well let us in on what you can say.........
thanx guys bergle
___

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:37 am 

[crazy] Sorry I cant add to much to the mothman storys. I've not read the book on the
subject. My wife and I were visiting some 0f her relatives at the time this occurred.
There was considerable discussion at the local pubs on the matter.
It was hard to seperate the truth from the stretched stories. The conclusion I
came up with was that these people did see something out of the ordinary. It was
several years later that the description that I remember of the critter matched the
alledged description of a Pterosaur. Several witnesses in Penn. Md. and Wv the last
few years have reported seeing critters that are similar to the pterosaur.I have never
seen the mothman or a pterosaur and I'm not sure that I want too.
___

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:13 am 
Unregistered
heres a wikki version......
it looks friendly and ungainly kind of dodo ish maybe they are related..........
BUT IT AINT NO MOTHMAN!
___