Community for discussion of UFO, Paranormal and mysterious topics
It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:09 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:37 am 

A recent article on another sighting of the legendary Sasquatch:

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/manitoba/story ... uatch.html

Tim

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:11 am 

I have no idea how the rest of this forum community feels about Big Foot (or whatever name you give to this tribe of hominids), but I feel they DO exist, and that they could be bi-dimensional. Maybe because of their genetics they can walk-in and walk-out of this dimension... perhaps THIS is why we never find bones, and rarely see them or can follow them for any great distance. They are definitely a mystery, but I honestly have always believed they are real.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:49 am 

They are real alright and one was captured here in BC many years back, but the poor thing ended up in a circus, in a cage no less.

If you take a walk around the wilds of America you quickly come to the realization that a whole lot of things could be or are living out there or out here and no one but a few off the beaten track types would ever encounter any of it.

Little people, big foot and the rest of it........its a big country and still much of it is wild and rugged.

Bones vanish with time or are eaten by hungry creatures........just to get a perspective of bones consider how many bears there are and how few bones are ever seen or found. Not very many.

Another one is antlers, and each year all the male members of the various species drop their antlers, yet how few are ever found compared to how many there are. A drip in the bucket. Yet there are millions of them.

So if there are only a few big foot the chances of finding bones are next to zero.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:03 pm 

How true, they are probably also very secretive and who knows what their burial routines are. Those bones could be hidden so deep in the mountains that nobody would ever find them.

We are still finding bones thousands of years after the dinosaurs were here, even new species.

I do believe they are here as well, and Bigfoot and other creature apparisions being from, or slipping in and out of different realities makes sense as well. If that is possible, then so are all the other unexplained visitors.

Tim

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:03 am 

A lady in upper New York recently reported to Fox news, that 2 big hairy critters crossed her farm field . This happened two weeks ago. She reported it to the game officials and they told her it was probably bears. She said it was the first time she had ever seen bears running on two legs.

Not to many years ago something was spotted several times by several people about 30 mile from here. Game wardens said it was a bear that could run on two legs.

As far as finding bones or a carcass, lots of luck. In my younger days, I've hunted and camped all over the mts of West Viginia. Like David says, natures critters take care of its own. In all the years in these mts the most that I've seen can be counted on one hand.

slohand
---------
stop and smell the roses

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:28 am 

I saw a Momma Bear and her cubs when I was in Tennessee, in 1996... that's the only time. I was staying at a Lodge near Cades Cove, which isn't too far from Dollywood. They were really spectacular. I actually took photos of them, they were in trees, and that close to the road. But knowing what I know NOW, I wouldn't get out of my car and stand in the middle of an open field, taking photos of a Momma bear and cubs...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:44 am 

I forgot to mention that in the last few years there have been several encounters with bigfoot in the Fraser Valley here in BC.

Evidently they are common visitors to some of the farms in the valley. And from what has been reported in the local papers there is plenty of evidence suggesting they are very real but little understood creatures that have been around for a very long time.

They are big guys that leave bits of hair behind and big tracks and evidently they smell pretty grim. So bad that tracking dogs won't chase them. They get a whiff of a scent and they run for home.

So it would appear they are wide spread in both Canada and the USA, but few in number.

Slowhand mentioned the wildlife guys saying they were bears that could run on two legs........right. But if you know anything about bears; they can stand on two legs easy enough, but to run on two legs is a different story. They would fall over because they would be off balance.

The secret to walking (any distance) and running on two legs is the toes and the shape of the foot, bears have flat feet and no toes. Plus, look at the length of their legs compared to their body mass......no, bears do not run on two legs, but they sure can run on four.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:39 am 

MY thoughts, exactly, David... anyone who wants to sell you a story about real bears running upright? Well, I've got some hillside property to sell--the kind you can put a FLAT HOUSE on. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:45 am 

I've seen plenty of bears and deer through out WV but have very rarely ever find the bones or carcass of these animals. The smaller animals take care of the bones looking for calcium and salt as well as the meat. A opposum or a raccoon don't care if its been dead for a week. Food is food.

slohand
--------
stop and smell the roses