UFOSeek Forum

Community for discussion of UFO, Paranormal and mysterious topics
It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:52 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:45 am 

Heard about this some time ago but never heard anymore about the incident.

I only live about 30 miles from that place ( as the crow flies). I've did considerable hunting in that territory but I've never seen anything I couldn't identify. Some of the people in that county do look a little strange though.

I may go ask some inquiries into the matter but, I'm still buried in 34 inches of snow. More on the way. I'll hibernate like a bear and not get out till spring.

http://www.ufodigest.com/braxtonbeast.html

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:08 pm 

34" of snow!!! OMG...........hope you've stocked up on the canned goods!

That picture is really interesting, as is the article. The motion sensor camera sure picked up an entity, and with a history of sightings in that area, I'm inclined to believe that this was one of them.

What gets me is that this is a living, walking, existing creature, yet nobody has been able to capture one, or find their kin in any of the caves in the surrounding areas. Same with Bigfoot, many sightings, but no earthly 'proof' of local existence except the odd print, broken branches etc.

I had read a theory that these creatures visit at will, through a time warp or dimension to gather what they need in the local plants. Sounds crazy I know, but makes sense in that they just come for a specific purpose, and then leave. Otherwise we would have a lot more information, and our Zoo's would be filled with them.

Interesting.

Tim

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:27 am 

I thought the picture was quite interesting and I would say it could possibly be a man, but, a red man? Its really a strange photo.

Got 39 inches snow after last nite. Haven't seen the ground since middle of January. We lost power for 6 days. Some neighbors stayed here at my place off and on. With no power, their furnaces wouldn't work.

I have a log burning fireplace and plenty of firewood stacked on the back porch. After we got a snow plow in on the road, most people went to shelters the state put up.

I Took icicles off the eaves of my house and filled my freezer. It kept the food frozen solid.

Have a gas cook stove and plenty food so I'm set till spring if need be. My little GMC truck has snow up to the door handles, so I'm not to worried. My grandson can dig it out for me if the snow ever quits. Even grandkids are getting cabin fever. No school the last 10 days.

I offered to send some snow to the Olympic games, but haven't heard from them as yet.

slohand
---------
stop and smell the roses

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:59 am 

Some cameras with infrared capable abilities would show a red individual. More so if this hunter had just climbed up one of the steep hills in Braxton County WVA. I've seen pics of something similar.

History channel just showed another segment on the Braxton Co. monster on Monster Quest.

The only thing that they may have came up with, was that it is still being seen from time to time.

I was hunting in that area a number of times and even used a metal detector where the object was
supposed to have landed. I never saw anything I couldn't explain while hunting, and the only thing my detector turned up was spent ammo from hunters.

I don't know why people keep calling it a monster. It's probably thinking the same thing when it sees us.

slohand
---------
stop and smell the roses

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:02 am 

Some cameras with infrared capable abilities would show a red individual. More so if this hunter had just climbed up one of the steep hills in Braxton County WVA. I've seen pics of something similar.

History channel just showed another segment on the Braxton Co. monster on Monster Quest.

The only thing that they may have came up with, was that it is still being seen from time to time.

I was hunting in that area a number of times and even used a metal detector where the object was
supposed to have landed. I never saw anything I couldn't explain while hunting, and the only thing my detector turned up was spent ammo from hunters.

I don't know why people keep calling it a monster. It's probably thinking the same thing when it sees us.

slohand
---------
stop and smell the roses