UFOSeek Forum

Community for discussion of UFO, Paranormal and mysterious topics
It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:11 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Hypnosis
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 3:35 am 

If we know what hypnosis is.......it would seem prudent to discuss this subject further as we are all prone to the influence of hypnotic suggestion........how quickly we seem to forget of late even that which only happened 10 years ago or less.......it slips our mind and we find ourselves cheering for the very person who not so long ago we found so repulsive and disgusting.....what happened?

Post subject: Re: Hypnosis
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 11:33 am 

What I find disturbing is, how we seem to love a certain celebrity, then, the media finds a story about drug taking, sex scandals, theiving, rape or whatever that they have done which is unforgiveable, then after a settling down period, we seem to forgive the celebrity and put them back in the spotlight to be adored once again.

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 2:45 pm 

Unfortunately whether we want to be or not we are all influenced by the media. It can influence how we feel or what we think about, anything. There are some extremely inteligent people out there and even they are influenced by them. A lot of big money and political people know how powerful the media can be and use it to their advantage. The majority of media outlets are actually owned by these people. Want to be or not if you turn on a telly, listen to a radio or read a paper or a magazine you will be zapped. Only if you live in isolation with nothing and no one could you escape it and then that would be no life at all. I have no idea how to live in this world and yet escape it, advertisements are eveywhere. I guess just being aware of that and exercising a little discression is all we can do and hope that we have enough inner intuition to not make mistakes in our choices. Ann

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 3:55 pm 

I think it is much more than 'intuition'. As slick and deceiving as media presentations can be, they are generally geared to the lowest common denominator. If it is accepted and read/watched/purchased (magazines etc.), and results in somebody's needs being met, ie money, then it is considered successful, right, and influential, and it has achieved its purpose. We don't' get rich by (us) reading and buying into their nonsense, they do.

To think something is true because it 'feels' right is a mistake in my opinion. It isn't unlike UFO pictures that are so well done that even the very best of professional opinion is fooled.

We take the quick one-liners without reading. We make decisions based on who makes the most noise, and we form our beliefs and actions on what we perceive is a correct choice- all without doing anything more than clicking on a mouse. That is a common denominator among people and it is exploited as much as possible because it is an opportunity to make a buck.

That is one of the the things that annoys me more than anything, is that people tend to make blanket personal announcements of 'truth', when in fact, they are very misinformed due to their own ignorance and laziness. Always easier to go with the flow.

And is that the media's fault?

Tim

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 4:09 pm 

We all make our own choices and make our own decisions based on our free will to do so and so too does the media but I myself have a social conscience (I just can't neccessarily spell it) and it is that that stops me from hurting or trying to control others by my words or my actions. Where are their personal social consciences or do they simply not have one. Did they forfiet their own social conscience in order to become part of the collective of mass media. Ann

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 4:28 pm 

I don't think the media in general has a social conscience. There is a lot of history over the years to suggest that we have come to this point because people have not had to be held accountable for their actions. There used to be attributes associated with great newswriters and newscasters of days past such as integrity, honesty, truthful opinion, and being able to back up what they say. Opinions were based on research, and held the dubious distinction of being the 'heartbeat' of a population, who relied on their expert opinions in order to make decisions.(also based on many opinions from many other newscasters and reporters as well- not a one dimensional presentation with the same information from channel to channel)

Now we have 'professional' journalists, tied to corporate apron strings, who's agenda's are pre-determined, and words are carefully chosen to represent their needs. The great quest for money eventually sells out even the most exemplary of media personalities. And if they don't sell out, they settle for knowing their work is so far on the back burner that it may as well be burried in the manure pile out back of the cow barn. Truth doesn't sell. Perception of the truth does.

We have teleprompters now. Pretty much anybody can read big black letters while simutaneously smiling and telling us what media sponsors want us to hear. But, we settle for that, and the accountability for the lack of individualism is squarely on our own shoulders.

Tim

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 6:57 am 

I did hear once of a story about Jesus and Satan (before he was cast out) that they were argueing about man and that satan wanted us to have everything we could possibly want or need and that everything be supplied and laid on for us and that we have no illness or hardship and we live a life of comfort and luxuary and that we never need to think for ourselves because they will do our thinking for us and Jesus said no they should allow us to think for ourselves and have ilness and hardship so that we have to develop our brains and thinking in order to over come these things and that we should be made to fend for ourselves to help us to be creative in our thinking as well as our actions and God declared Jesus to be the winner but with the way things are now and with computers that do everything for us including thinking then perhaps God's let Satan have a go to see what happens his way. Ann

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 3:42 pm 

Nothing can be given without it being taken. There is always a choice. If you raise a child by pacifying all their needs with material soothers, then what are we to expect of them as adults. Do they suddenly develop character? A conscience? A view that the world does not revolve around their needs and wants?

I see a generally fat, lazy, self-centered generation of people who have learned that they are entitled to whatever they want, no matter what the cost. There is no shortage of diseases related to sedintary lifestyles, and what we used to see in adults, we now see in children. While we continually strive for more and more status quo, the ability to think, reason, and see life in less selfish ways, goes by the wayside.

People punctuate their lifestyles with the weekly trip to church, or dish out food at the food bank, or drive their smart cars, but essentially the common denominator remains unchanged. It is only the appearance of what we were.

Whatever reason one attaches to the influence of good vs. bad, or satan vs. God, has been reduced to Nintendo Wii vs. Xbox Live.

In my own personal opinion, it is not the devil providing the path of this destruction, it is the conscious choice of individuals to turn the other cheek.

Tim

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 6:40 pm 

On the subject of free choice............do we really have a free choice?

What we are told and what we need to know are two different things.......we don't even know what it is we are choosing half the time.......because we can't see all the information that is blacked out and hidden from view.

I have recently been reading a lot about the IRA and the PIRA......but what you don't read about is the clandestine operations carried out by British Intelligence in order to get the desired reaction from the rebels.....nor do we hear about the Canadian and American involvement in same.

Imagine what people might think or how they might respond to discover political prisoners being exported from Ireland to Canada and the USA......whether they be children or adults and being subjected to torture ending most often in death.........isn't this what the war on terror is about........only problem is we......the allies.......are the terrorists.

We are continually reassured that hypnosis cannot be used in a manner forcing us to act against our moral code of conduct.........we will not do anything we would not otherwise want to do.

This is a very comforting story.......one we can cling to and employ to argue in favor of our safety.........which allows us to feel safe and secure......free from unwanted manipulation.

Oh my, we do want to feel safe don't we........but at what cost? What are we willing to pay for our personal perception of safety?

Our national security is based on our ability to deny the truth.....to swallow the lies hook line and sinker.........its like the great line in a movie delivered by Jack Nicholson........you couldn't handle the truth. And I'm sure many could not........but the fact remains we don't know what the truth is.........or do we really have any idea what it looks like...so how would we know it if we fell over it or it jumped up and hit us in the eye?

So.........even though we may not be subjected to hypnosis causing us to bark like a dog.....we might very well be made to believe many things we would not otherwise agree with....or made to look away when the truth comes creeping under the door.

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 8:13 pm 

I agree with you. It's almost hypnosis by consent. Even the very conscious mind can absorb well chosen 'key' words or phrases. Sometimes we 'hear' the words but absorb the meaning in quite different ways. And the skill of those using the powerful spoken word in just the right tone, well.....who hasn't met someone who's just words have influenced them.

This goes far beyond making a person bark like a dog.

Implied intent, psychologically driven, skillfully manipulated in just the right way. No wonder we are sitting ducks for disinformation and propaganda. And we likely make it very easy for those to execute these non-invasive tactics.

Why would politics and hidden agendas be any different really.

We really don't have a clue what they're up to.

Tim