UFOSeek Forum

Community for discussion of UFO, Paranormal and mysterious topics
It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:58 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:07 pm 

I can only imagine what a lonely place that is. When you consider that anything that so seriously affects your life happens, and it in turn affects many other things; mainly that there is precious little help.

But, there is safety in numbers, and information is available with like-minded souls in places like this. Understanding and empathy will go a long way in keeping grounded in reality while coping with such an extrordinary event. I can't get the words out here with enough emotion, but I hope the words make sense to anybody struggling.

Tim
___

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:50 pm 

Tim: These people are always alone. Can you or we stop any future abduction of this person? I don't think so. They will have to go alone. Can you or any one us hold their hand during such an event? No again. Will they feel better when they see a hundred other abductees laying on tables beside them make them feel more secure? I doubt it.

There is no saftey in numbers: Do you think that if you have a list of names a mile long that the Abductors will think twice about abducting them again? I don't think so.

Information: What infromation? And what would you do with that information if there was and you had it ?

Empathy: Is that anything like kissing the bruse on my knee and making it all better?

My feeling is; that if the person had gone through one abduction and we knew for a fact that there would be no more, then we could apply all of the above on such a person to make them feel better. But, we have no way of telling them that it won't happen again, thus all of the above is pointless.

Timmy, I'm at a true loss on this one.

Bebop
___

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 12:59 am 

Well, maybe I should try to solve my own delema here. It seems that men and women tend to solve the same problem from different perspectives.

Men want to fix it: Well, fixing this issue is impossable as you can't fix something you can't get get your hands around. And you can't offer a money back guarantee.

So the female approach is; If we can't fix it, then what is the best way to live with it.

If I stand back and swollow my male ego, I have to admit that the female spproach seems a reasonable solution to this otherwise unsolvable problem.

So I give up, as the coward I am, you win, your right. Women take a bow.

Bebop
___

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 6:17 am 

I don't understand people regardless if they are men or women lol I get an impression, and usually it's right.

I know where you're coming from Bebop, and I agree with most of what you have to say. I don't think anybody can really fix an experience, or reason it all away, and I don't know of any tool that can make anybody feel better. I do think though, that people [u]need to talk[/u] about their experiences, and if it is to other abductees, maybe thats more comfortable; but talking to someone who really cares what they have to say, without judging anybody, just people to people is a good thing too.

Tim
___

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:57 pm 

I'm beginning to get more concerned about the new drug available that allows people to "forget" the trauma of a rape, or an accident, or something that's had a negative affect. How long do you think it will be until psychiatrists begin using this type of medication on abductees and contactees who come to them for help? This truly concerns me. While it might wipe away some of the bad memories of an event, it could be used to further discredit UFO work.

Self-hypnosis is not something I was able to do either -- I think SOME of us -- especially those of us who have had UFO experiences over several years, are wired a bit differently.

I can still be hypnotized, but I never go into the deep state where anyone can suggest to me that I "won't remember" what was said or discussed or seen. I seem to have a built-in safety mechanism that hears those words and goes into defense mode. Maybe that's why I remember as much of my contactee experiences as I do.
___

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:19 pm 

Very interesting Tweaked. A designer drug designed to eliminate trauma, and by that I wonder if it is some sort of suppresant. It may not eliminate the event from conscious memory, but rather flood it with chemicals so that there is no emotional attachment. If you cannot connect a traumatic event with the emotion, then for all intent and purpose, the event itself is rendered null and void. Quite an easy fix.

It makes me think of Prozac. I was on that drug for a few years, and found that it kind of dulled both ends of depression in that on one side, it took any creative desire away and any pleasure in 'normal' things like a walk on the beach, to the other end, where a barrier existed that you could not go past, on the depressive side. So if you look at it like a carpenters leveller, the liquid in it would remain constant. It was a mixed blessing in that it prevented depressive nose-dives, but any creative energy was gone too. I felt like a zombie, and totally lost my sense of humour.

I can see where it would be a useful psychiatric tool. There are few psychiatrists who practice psychotherapy for example; they make initial diagnosis, prescribe medicine, make a referral for counselling. We do not take the time to process and treat now, and this would only add to that convenience. Sad. Another 'quick fix' to add to the ever increasing pile of bandaids.

Tim
___

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:51 pm 

When I first moved in with Howard and his 16 Siamese, I was totally OVERWHELMED with the amount of destruction they could do! I always had well-mannered animals, and so I set about to discipline his... His response? He insisted I go on Prosac. It totally stifled my creative energy -- I lost interest in writing, music, going out with friends. Eventually I learned that there isn't enough Prosac IN THE WORLD to nullify the affect of 16 very active Siamese who had never been subjected to discipline... so the drug was inconsequential. I stopped taking it. I didn't realize at the time I was supposed to wean myself off of it. I just stopped it. I could have suffered a stroke or a heart attack, I learned later. But I was only interested in getting [i]ME[/i] back, which I did, very quickly. Thankfully, I hadn't been on it more than 8 months when I did that. Had I been on it much longer, it could have deadly results, and psychotic reactions.

I can understand SOME instances wherein a drug that detaches someone from a trauma might be a good thing in the right hands under the proper direction ... but like you said, it may be just another [i]short-cut[/i] to getting a patient [i]handled[/i] without really doing them a lot of long-term good and with possible side-affects we can't imagine, at this point.

I'd hate to see some of our frightened abductees be traumatized again, further down the road, by psychotic instances, or perhaps a lack of conscience?! We are the sum totals of all we have learned from our life experiences. If we detach from the things that make us afraid, or that cause our conscience to manifest, then what are we? Drones? We'll be more like those poor little piggies some biogenetic firm is now preparing to "manufacture" -- the ones who have no sense of self and therefore don't mind being in abhorrent conditions to be eaten at a later date.
___

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:46 pm 

Well, for experiences I had, hypnose exists and can be used from all peoples, but not all know they could.
A big hypnotist in Italy was known as Cagliostro, and he was the first tha was using not suggestion, but mesmerism (animal magnetism). With that natural power (he found it during his young age) he was able to do many things, 'cause he was the only one having it. Unfortunatly for him, he didn't knew about what big power he had...

About mesmerism:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animal_magnetism

About Cagliostro
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alessandro_Cagliostro

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:41 pm 

Watch this. Is based on illusionism, but for me it's more massive hypnose than it

These images can shock peoples...careful

http://it.youtube.com/watch?v=joa2bO0w3J0

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:04 am 

This link is meaning about hypnosis but it can be used for Self-Hypnose too.

Please be careful if you mean to use the program or do something with hypnose. Don't forget that hypnose can seriously damage a brain.

http://www.innerlab.com/cat/innerlab/hypnostudio

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next