UFOSeek Forum

Community for discussion of UFO, Paranormal and mysterious topics
It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:03 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:31 am 

If you're not familiar with the research about self-hypnosis, you shouldn't try it. You have to remember to give yourself a "cue" to wake up ... like a pre-set alarm clock, a pre-programmed telephone ring... something you tell yourself will bring you out of the trance. Otherwise, you can stay in the "fog" indefinitely.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:02 pm 

Quote:
Otherwise, you can stay in the "fog" indefinitely
exact, and I add something "you risk that none can wake you up anymore 'cause they couldn't understand what you did". Not all hypno ways are the same.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:01 am 

There is an "Urban Legend" in the USA that someone once played around with self-hypnosis alone, and took himself back to when he was in his mother's womb, but forgot to tell himself to "wake up" and so he never came back to reality. I don't know if this ever really happened, or if it is just something someone made up to scare people into being careful with hypnosis. I mean, how would anyone know that's where he was "stuck" if he couldn't tell someone? It doesn't sound legitimate to me.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:52 pm 

Wow that's interesting. I wonder how accurate that is, although, with any induced state of consciousness there will always be room for extreme results that couldn't be anticipated.

Maybe something like that could produce a dissociative state, permanently. Trauma can do that too.

Tim

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:23 am 

That's why I think self-hypnosis HAS to be done after participation in hypnosis with a true professional, first. And at least if not that, then lots of extensive READING about the dos and don't of the self-hypnosis subject. I would think that to self-induce yourself and suffer a trauma from which you can't plan to excise yourself would be the place wherein the damage can occur. But I don't know, 'cause I've never tried it on myself, and don't think I'm likely to do so.

Meditation can put one in a light trance, but that's apparently NOT quite the same. I've meditated quite a bit in my life, and been in altered states hundreds of times, but could always come right out of it if the phone rang or someone knocked at the door.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:13 pm 

I have long ago a scientific movie made in URSS (so much time ago). They were operating a person with only hypnosis; they opende his brain, did something, closed the all, and the person never had pains. Same story was repeated months after, by Chineses doctors.

I can't understand why they don't try to apply it to peoples suffering of something.My doctor tolds me "It's not so easy" and I told him "till no one will try, 'cause in CSI (ex URSS) and China they have good results..!" What do we wiat for?

I think most of things are done to the prices, the cost for medecines that a single must buy, and that is a really big business.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:50 pm 

The pharmaceutical companies make LOTS OF MONEY selling anesthesia... Can't mess around with that! However, some doctors and dentists, DO use hypnosis instead of drugs, especially when their patient has particular health conditions wherein using drugs to anesthesise them is terrible risky... to the point wherein they could die on the operating table. However, the physicians/dentists who DO use hypnosis have to condition their patients well before the procedures are done, to (1) make sure the patient is receptive to hypnosis as a pain killer, and (2) to make sure the patient has enough faith in the procedure to go under.

Insofar as brain surgery is concerned, many types of brain surgery are done with little or no anesthetic, anyway, because there are parts of the cranium and the brain that have no nerve center that transmit pain; therefore, cranial surgeries done with little or no anesthetic are ideal.

Senator Ted Kennedy was awake through most of his recent surgery.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:39 pm 

Do you see? Exactly what you told is the answer to the question between "humans" and aliens.

Quote:
The pharmaceutical companies make LOTS OF MONEY selling anesthesia
I think they are far from this kind of thought...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:13 am 

SOME dentists and doctors are beginning to use it more, here in the U.S. But it's feared by lots of patients, and we must remember--NOT everyone can be hypnotized sufficiently to block painful treatments. It's tricky... and no patient should be forced to use it if they fear it, because fear blocks the receptors that make hypnosis possible, in the first place.

I'm one of those people who would FEAR being cut open with no anesthesia. I've not had any good results with hypnosis... I never seem to get far enough under. I think I would make a poor patient.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:39 am 

Hypnose is possible on subjects that are not nervous, and in effect the subject must be always induced in a calm and quiet situation or the treatment will fails. There is a first step used to doi this and is called pre-hypnose where the doctor understands if subject reacts well or not.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next