Community for discussion of UFO, Paranormal and mysterious topics
It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:06 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Valentine's day
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 11:55 am 

I am totally agreed with you.

Post subject: Valentine's day
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 11:56 am 

How can I have a NICE but inexpensive Valentine's Day with my girlfriend? I've been with her for 2 years. Her birthday was a few days ago, and I threw her a surprise party that was a little expensive. I wanna have a nice Valentine's Day though. Got any good ideas?

Post subject: Re: Valentine's day
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 11:49 pm 

It's a wee bit early to think much about Valentine's Day, but if you wish to make her something "special" (aside from a nice dinner out, so she can dress up and feel pretty), you could buy two small cake pans; one square, and one round. Use a box cake mix (be sure to find out if she likes chocolate, vanilla, etc.) and follow the directions exactly. (You might have to bake the extra portion of the mix in a different pan, because if you use small square & round cake pans, there will be left-over cake batter which you'll either need to throw away, or bake for to have for yourself at a different time. If you use regular 8" pans, you'll need a HUGE platter.

When the two cakes are done and cooled, cut the round one in half.

Place the square one on a the platter or a large plate with the corners straight up and down, and then use the two halves of the round one on each side of the top of the rotated square. It will form a HEART. Pick whatever pre-made icing will go with the flavor of the cake, and ice the three pieces together.

Then you can use Maraschino Cherries or fresh strawberries (strawberries should be cut in half and placed with the flat side down into the icing) or red raspberries around the top edge of the heart. You can also make a smaller heart design with any of these fruits in the center of the cake, as well. Cool the finished masterpiece in the refrigerator so the icing will be firm when you bring her home for dessert, and surprise her with your personal Valentine, made just for her.

Or, you can always save up your money and give her diamonds... :mrgreen:

Post subject: Re: Valentine's day
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:05 pm 

merguarate wrote:
How can I have a NICE but inexpensive Valentine's Day with my girlfriend? I've been with her for 2 years. Her birthday was a few days ago, and I threw her a surprise party that was a little expensive. I wanna have a nice Valentine's Day though. Got any good ideas?

How Was you day????