UFOSeek Forum

Community for discussion of UFO, Paranormal and mysterious topics
It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:19 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Experiences
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 10:31 pm 
Unregistered
My aunt has had some experiences with what I would call precognition, in a vague sense. I wouldn't call it divination, as it was not a precise prediction of events. Instead, it was a feeling, like a voice telling her something.

One instance was when she went to pick my uncle up from work about 13 years ago. Along the usual route she took was a gas pipeline, and there were men working on it, with heavy equipment. When she went to pick up my uncle, something told her to go the other way. It's a good thing she did. At the same time she would have been driving past the gas line, it exploded, killing the workers, and it would have killed her if she had been there.

Another case was when she was younger, she was looking at her uncle's car, and something told her that's the last time she would see it. That turned out to be true, as that night it was totalled in a crash.

Is it possible to develop ability like this into more precise predictions, perhaps to warn those in harm's way of the danger, and thus prevent the tragedies?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 10:03 am 

I tend to think that we are all born with paranormal capabilities, but as we grow up--learn to view life as our family members do; go to school; and get involved in day-to-day things we are TOLD are normal--(the senses of smelling, touching, hearing, seeing, and tasting)--we are programmed to no longer relate to those paranormal senses with which we were born.

Some of us DO, however, retain a link to those senses beyond the normal and accepted ones.

Examples: When I was pre-school, I could talk with the animals--domestic and feral--I knew if they were hungry, frightened, thirsty, injured, ill, etc. because I could communicate with them telepathically. As I grew older, started school, and adapted what those around me believed, the ability to communicate with the animals lessened to some degree.

Later on, after leaving home and finding others who could still share telepathy with animals, the ability came back to me. I'm not as fluent now as I was as a child, but I can read my animals' thoughts a great deal of the time, and I know if they are becoming ill by simply touching them. By getting them into the Vet before the illness becomes acute, often times I save lots of money, and my animals don't endure nearly as much discomfort because I was tuned-in enough to know something wasn't quite right.

During an earthquake that rocked Los Angeles in 1987, I was about to leap out of my bed and jump into the doorway of my bedroom, because that's what we who live in earthquake areas had been told to do. But THIS particular morning as I threw back my covers and was about to jump out of bed to stand in the doorway, a male voice commanded me, "Stay where you are!" It was such a strong command, I froze where I was--knees drawn up--at the top of my bed. As the apartment building shook violently, I watched in awe and slow-motion as the cabinet doors above the linen closet were shaken open (the linen closet was 3 feet from the door I would have been standing in), and the heavy antique typewriter I'd kept up there for years shook out and dropped right where I would have been standing. It hit the floor in the center of the doorway, and bounced hard enough to land on the foot of my bed--right where my feet had been before I drew up my knees to start to get up. Had I NOT listened to that male voice commanding me to stay where I was, I would probably have been badly hurt, or dead--the typewriter weighed over 25 lbs. and would most certainly have hit my head on it's way to the floor.

But perhaps the most interesting precognitive experience came when I was doing a Numerology Reading for one of my best friends. I had never been the kind of reader who went into any sort of a trance--I merely looked at the numbers and interpreted accordingly.

Suddenly I saw what can best be described as a short movie...in it the friend for whom I was reading met a man whose face I couldn't see, as she entered the tiled entrance of a local bookstore. She was talking to this person as if she knew him. There were salmon-colored paperbacks on display in the entrance to the book store. He asked her to go with him for coffee, and as she smiled and said yes, I was consumed with fear and grief--because I knew of she left with that man, she was going to die and I'd never see her again.

I was shaken by the experience, and when Susie brought me out of the trance by calling my name several times, my voice was trembling and my eyes were tearing up as I described the scene to her. I made her promise that if she went to a bookstore where salmon-colored books were on display, and someone invited her to go for coffee, she would say no.

A few months went by before she called me to say she had been at that very book store on Hollywood Blvd. when she ran into someone she'd not seen since junior college. He asked her to go for coffee, and as she looked around at her surroundings, she was astonished to see the newly released paperbacks of ROSEMARY'S BABY in the racks at the entrance to the book store. The covers were all salmon-colored. She immediately flashed on my warning, and didn't accept his offer.

Not long afterward the infamous killer who had been terrorizing the City of Los Angeles for several months was caught by an angry mob of neighbors who nearly beat him to death before the police arrived and saved his life. It was the friend she'd known from junior college--the very man who had asked her to go for coffee, and thankfully she saw the salmon-colored paperbacks and heeded my warning. If I ever needed validation that a psychic flash can foresee tragedy and help thwart it, I never needed it after that. So, yes, precognition DOES exist, and my ability to tap into her future saved her life.

Not everyone has the capability to foresee things in that kind of detail. I've never had a flash like that since. But I do believe we all are born with what is referred to as paranormal skills. (They are REALLY normal to all of us, in varying degrees.) And just as some people can play piano for pleasure, not all are destined to become concert pianists or rock stars. Some people write well, but are never destined to be best-selling authors or highly acclaimed screen/TV writers. Some psychics make a good living at accurately forecasting the future; others, like myself, rarely charge for using the gifts because we are aware that our skills are not to be used for profit; rather, simply to benefit the lives and well-being of others.

I hope these little anecdotes from my past help to convince some of you that we ALL have some form of paranormal ability--some are just destined to be better at it than others.
___

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 2:08 am 
Unregistered
[b][#bf80ff]I have had the same experiences, and my family have learned to listen to me but time were very different as a child, who believes a child.[/#bf80ff][/b]
[b][#bf80ff][/#bf80ff][/b]
[b][#bf80ff]Being this way has taught me to always listen to my children when they have a sighting or a feeling, so on....[/#bf80ff][/b]
[b][#bf80ff]My children know they can tell me anything and i will listen or advise, having the life i have had also made me very curious of everything in the universe so i began to study.[/#bf80ff][/b]
[b][#bf80ff]The older i got the better i understood and my experiences became clearer and more vivid.[/#bf80ff][/b]
[b][#bf80ff]It does tent to run in the family, my gran and her sisters could do things and see things, but i have 2 brothers and a sister and i am the only one with the abilities, not even my dads brothers or sister can do anything spiritual so i think it must miss a generation sometimes.[/#bf80ff][/b]
[b][#bf80ff]In my case my sons both have very strong abilities but my daughters don't, my boys totally amaze me sometimes.[/#bf80ff][/b]
[:)]
[#bf80ff][i]Kizzie xxx[/i][/#bf80ff]
___

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 5:24 pm 
Unregistered
I have a feeling that we are going to find that in effect,TIME is running not linearly as wethink,but more like simultaneously.That is everything is happening NOW.all at once as it were, pardon the pun.
How many have expeienced the old deja vu where we know that we have been somewhere that we have just arrived at and never been before?
I think this is rudimentary type 1 precognition .
I believe that it may be possible to separate all the skiens of happeneing and pick out mentally the one we focus on,when we can ,we tap into this simulataneous event we call Now.The now contains the sum totality of all.for there is really only that one split second that is the focus of consciousness.
That is what makes the now what it is.But as far as past and future go there is none.Just a singular split second in which everything that has happened is happening,along side of everything that is going to happen.They are all connected at one focal point.the NOW.which is where we exist.
much like we say praise God in whom we live and breathe,it is the now in which we do that.Therefore that now is the consiousness of God.All other happenstance is either memory or future projection which in reality are acting both in the same split second.Which is really all there is..........
thus when we tap into this Now we are tapping into the mind of God.who by the way foreknew everthing before the foundations of the world were laid.
Get back to me if this makes some kind of sense to you,because it is very mind bending to even try to discribe and i begin to get foggy when i try to lay it out for others....
I have the sense of it but words are so inadaquate to explore the concept ,and alone it is difficult to hold onto the concept without loosing the thread.te he te he.
you just have to laugh at the enormity of it.
But now is all we have that is reality.the rest as they say is history(either future or past.)badea badea badeaa yuk
___

Post subject: Re: [bergle] Experiences
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 7:55 am 
Unregistered
It is said that when two lovers meet, some of invisible light sent off by the bodies are strengthened. If this is true, this kind of invisible radiation can be the physical basis of telepathy. When something is happenning to your friend, the light is strengthened and information attached to the light is transmitted to you. It sounds reasonable.
___

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 10:13 pm 
Unregistered
I must admit the three great loves of my life were all at first sight,and they were all mutually felt at the time....
It is certainly my experience that you are right.....How the connection can be in place so instantaneously is beyond my ken........?
bergle
bergle
___

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 7:09 pm 

I don't remember seeing a [i]light...[/i] but I met my 2nd husband after he walked into a morning sales bullpen and was introduced to about 30 of us at the same time.

I turned to my sales partner (someone I was dating at the time) and asked if he knew who was going to train [i]THAT guy[/i], and he said, "Probably you or me. Why?"

I looked my sales partner straight in his eyes and said, "Because I'm going to marry him."

Less than a year later, I did.

True... it didn't last longer than 5 years. But we built a business together, and he and I are still good friends.

So maybe there [i]was[/i] a Light -- or an energy connection. While we were together we seemed to be each other's Balance Wheels -- I came into HIS life when he really needed someone with brains and stability, and he was there for ME to lean on when my son nearly drown, and for the my son's comatose 5 years thereafter before he died.
___

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:19 am 
Unregistered
It is a good argument for the idea that we choose our lives before birth isnt it?
I kind of like that thought, but i wonder why i might have chosen such a one for myself....fraught with death and abuse and heartbreak? The concept boggles my mind at times...so be it.[crazy]
Still there are those whose Karma never seems to catch up with their ugly existance, and it is rather incomprehensible to me.They cruise along seemingly trouble free while spreading their poison in every ones life they touch...
There is much that is ,and forever shall be, unexplained in every philosophy ive ever heard.

berg
___

Post subject: Re: [bergle] Experiences
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:33 pm 

I agree that we all have the ability of this pre-cognitive 'sense' that if we listen to it, it would probably save us a lot of grief. Also strongly agree that 'normal' is so beaten into us (physically and emotionally) during our development years as children, that whatever we were born with is replaced by other people's belief systems of acceptible behaviour. That which we cannot explain we put into a category that is separate from every day life as we are expected to live it. You simply aren't 'normal' if you possess and express these gifts. Then again, if we all possess to some degree these senses, wouldn't life be more difficult, not less? If we are destined along a path that we have chosen, would these gifts help or hinder that choice.

I so admire Tweaked's point that she doesn't charge for those gifts. I had read a long time ago that any true talent in clarvoiance considers their ability as a gift to mankind and making that (or those) gifts available for free keeps the ability from becoming contaminated so to speak with the trappings of making money off it. The motive is pure, and the actions are honest.

I think we choose sometimes this life path because we need to finish unfinished business. I can't count the number of times I've had dejavue and been stopped in my tracks. Sometimes I stop and think about why, and usually I realize that I'm heading down a path that isn't likely to be good; it's a warning maybe. Perhaps it's just a 'sense' which is also undefined that makes me stop and think. Whatever it is, it's as real as real can be.

To those with these gifts, can others be taught how to use them? Would we live better/healthier lives if we could foreshadow and somehow tune into what's in store for us? Do you think that events that happen that you have seen have happened in another lifetime? A parallel life? Maybe if it's true we live several lives then what you've learned is carried over from those experiences? Why are some children so susceptable to these experiences and others are not, maybe something along the lifetime lines? Do you think we're all born with these abilities but when they are repressed just in normal living, as adults, we are unable to tap into those abilities?

Insight is appreciated.

Tim
___

Post subject: Re: [Timbit] Experiences
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:21 pm 
Unregistered
Theres an old saw that goes"dont let fear or common sense hold you back.".....
I think it is appropriate in this circumstance....The fact is were are taught (or it is our nature)
to minimalise and to ridicule that which is beyond our ken or "not of the normal range.."
of human behavior regardless of whether it may be an equally sane response to stimulus....Like chickens who peck the odd coloured ones to death, we do like things to those who do not comply with our own standards and illusions....
Fear is the ruler of our existance, rather than common sense and open minds....
I cant help but think it has been our fate to be controlled by various power groups interminably for the whole human experience ....
Wherever we go and whatever we do there is always someone who for the sake of their own fear attempt to destroy that which is different or foriegn to them.
I think telepathy and such paranornal gifts are feared by the majority who are afraid that they a)may be left behind,
and b)may be found to be thinking very impure and devious thoughts if telepathy were encouraged and nourished to a fuller existance in this world.
I am positive that fear of being fully understood may be the reason that we are so abusive and detractive of such gifts.
The skeletons in our closets and the secrets we hold deep down where even hypnotic therapy may have a hard time to root out,keep us discriminating against ,and persecuting such people,as may be gifted in the various ways of the powers of our minds...in fact we destroy all we come into contact with as quickly as we can,in any way we can.
bergle
___