UFOSeek Forum

Community for discussion of UFO, Paranormal and mysterious topics
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:43 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Harry Potter
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:19 pm 

I don't know how much of it is real, and while there are instructional classes in nearly every big city, I've never attended any of them.

I have a healthy respect for the Earth Practices, but I wouldn't want to get involved in any of it.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:51 am 

I too believe witch craft is real although maybe not to the extent of Harry Potter, which I did enjoy. But I remember as a child watching "Bewitched" and just wishing I could twitch my nose and have all my "chores" done. I think the practice of witch craft in some instances still carries a negative conotation - shoot we even have a "new age" store here in town - and the owner is just as normal (?) as I am - from my limited understanding of it all- they just have different beliefs and Tweaked is correct it's more of an "earth" thing and stems from the Wiccan and Pagan religion - which began at Stonehenge and Scottland I think - :?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:53 pm 

Okay, as a former Witch, and as someone who respects what is real, and is very open minded despite some of my less savory days, here is what I can say about the Witchcraft in the Harry Potter series. This is also based on what she herself, meaning J.K. Rowling said of her own work.

Some of what you see, such as cauldrons, wands, etc. Are legitimately used in modern and post modern Witcraft, the objects themselves. No one really flies on brooms, unless they are merely learning to levitate, and even then it does not happen, I have never seen anyone levitate under their own volition.

Anyways, the spells and chants, and things like that are ficticious, and are generically based on phrases and words from Latin.

Now the word of caution. Spiritual and even psychic energy relies on three factors. The presence of energy to tap into or manipulate, the will and concept to do so, and a belief strong enough to make it occur.

That being said, if someone really truly believed in what they were readings, honestly fully expected it to work, put enough energy into something, it could cause some sort of manifestation. To what degree, and what manifestation, that would be hard to say, but if I chose, I could put all my energy into one place, point at a person, and say 'Die' and send a bolt of negative energy at them. The degree to which is manifest would depend on the amount of energy, belief, and intent, and focus and desire I had in saying the words.

Here are some links to sites which are based on this sort of concept:

http://prosperity.blessingsexperiment.c ... rsing.aspx
http://www.stevepavlina.com/forums/psyc ... cules.html

So based on the concept that the energy of our words and intentions could transfer and manifest, then it is safe to say that the magic in Harry Potter, under extreme and interesting circumstances could have some sort of effect, but it would be hard to say to what degree and in what way.

I am creating guided meditation CDs which are distributed for donation only. I am calling this Project Nitesh (Nitesh = Heartbeat of the Earth.) To submit ideas, or request CDs, please private message me, all will be replied to, and all are welcome.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:56 pm 

http://deanradin.blogspot.com/2006/10/e ... water.html

This is another good one on the subject. Infact, I told Tweaky to bless her water before drinking it and see if it helped her feel a bit better. Not sure she has, but this is part of the theory as to why I said it.

BrightLightBilly wrote:
Okay, as a former Witch, and as someone who respects what is real, and is very open minded despite some of my less savory days, here is what I can say about the Witchcraft in the Harry Potter series. This is also based on what she herself, meaning J.K. Rowling said of her own work.

Some of what you see, such as cauldrons, wands, etc. Are legitimately used in modern and post modern Witcraft, the objects themselves. No one really flies on brooms, unless they are merely learning to levitate, and even then it does not happen, I have never seen anyone levitate under their own volition.

Anyways, the spells and chants, and things like that are ficticious, and are generically based on phrases and words from Latin.

Now the word of caution. Spiritual and even psychic energy relies on three factors. The presence of energy to tap into or manipulate, the will and concept to do so, and a belief strong enough to make it occur.

That being said, if someone really truly believed in what they were readings, honestly fully expected it to work, put enough energy into something, it could cause some sort of manifestation. To what degree, and what manifestation, that would be hard to say, but if I chose, I could put all my energy into one place, point at a person, and say 'Die' and send a bolt of negative energy at them. The degree to which is manifest would depend on the amount of energy, belief, and intent, and focus and desire I had in saying the words.

Here are some links to sites which are based on this sort of concept:

http://prosperity.blessingsexperiment.c ... rsing.aspx
http://www.stevepavlina.com/forums/psyc ... cules.html

So based on the concept that the energy of our words and intentions could transfer and manifest, then it is safe to say that the magic in Harry Potter, under extreme and interesting circumstances could have some sort of effect, but it would be hard to say to what degree and in what way.

I am creating guided meditation CDs which are distributed for donation only. I am calling this Project Nitesh (Nitesh = Heartbeat of the Earth.) To submit ideas, or request CDs, please private message me, all will be replied to, and all are welcome.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:04 am 

CRAP... Billy! I FORGOT. (Short-term memory loss!) I'll start it tonight!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:41 pm 

Indeed withcraft, and all spiritual belief systems are real and true. I am not saying they are all correct, or than anyone of them has all the answers. Spiritual powers and entities and all of that sincerely exist, and thus underestimating or discounting anything would probably be a bad idea. I will say this, some paths, in my opinion, are better than others, some make more sense than others, and some are safer than others. I think if God wants your attention, he will have it, and you will know it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:23 pm 

I have removed your last post Sara. It had nothing to do with the science of paranormal whatsoever, or magic.

We are not party planners, and this is not a social networking site.

Please keep your posts on topic.

Thanks,

Timbit

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:58 am 

Party Planners? Do they have chocolate cake? I mean real chocolate cake? :?:

Where's the party going to be? :idea:

Nobody told me anything about a party.....is it somebodies birthday? :lol:

But then I haven't read all the Harry Potter books either and have no recipes for magic potions.

How about love potion #9, what do you think is in that one?

Could be a bit hazardous to a persons well being these days, especially a guy person trying to kiss an LA cop, especially a guy cop. :o

But then I've never been to LA, so maybe this would work out, I'm not sure.

I think from a personal perspective I'll stick with the chocolate cake. ;)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:58 am 

Does Gail even allow you to have chocolate???

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:31 am 

:o How could you know? No chocolate for David. :cry:

Last thing I need is chocolate cake. :lol: