UFOSeek Forum

Community for discussion of UFO, Paranormal and mysterious topics
It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:15 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Near Death Study
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:21 pm 

The worlds largest study on Near Death is being conducted to learn what actually happens upon our death......Ann :P

http://www.disclose.tv/frameset.php?url ... 8_165.shtm

Post subject: Re: Near Death Study
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:01 pm 

This could be interesting, so long as open-minded physicians are incorporated into the studies. If open-mindedness is NOT allowed, I doubt that the results will verify what a great deal of us already know--that OBEs are prevalent amongst those who are brought back to life.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:46 pm 

I think it will be a rehash of the same old thing.

Doctors will set about to prove a theory that, even when a person is clinically dead, they aren't, therefore their experiences are not unique, and can be completely understood by hard science.

Until they understand and incorporate death as an equal, but different, part of the human spirit, they won't get it. NDE's do not happen because of a cause-effect of a dying body, or clinically dead body (no matter how much time has passed). It is separate and distinct and unrelated to the 'living' person.

Those that have experienced NDE's bring back valuable information, and this has always been interpreted as a 'death experience', instead of what it really is- life on the other side.

Tim

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:35 am 

If you use the analogy of a car as being the human body and the driver as being our spirits then these NDs and OBEs remind me of the car stalling at the lights and someone getting out to fix it or even sometimes of someone leaving the car running and just popping out to get something. In most cases if someone asked the driver what was it like to be out of the car they'd have to say I don't know I did it all so quickly I didn't get a chance to look around at anything else or I just went straight to where I had to go as quickly as I could and didn't get much of a chance to look around anywhere else. I think in the majority of our existance this analogy can be applied in most things ie. petrol = nutrition, heart = carboretor, engine = brain, gearbox = nervous system etc etc etc........Ann :P

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:17 pm 

Consciousness as a separate entity?

This would certainly prove that, and I hope it finally does.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/7621608.stm

Tim

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:50 am 

How are they going to do this experiment, are they asking for volunteers to have their heart stopped? :shock: It would be interesting to see the results. Near death experiences would be different to actual death I think. I mean everyone will pass away differently and other medical problems would come into play.

If they ask people prior to surgery (eg heart surgery) 'when the heart is stopped and restarted, could you try to remember your experiences so we can understand 'near death'...' I mean you have the pain relief coming into play and people can have all types of thoughts during surgery that have nothing to do with near death. How would a person know what went on.

I'd say this will be hard for them to actually study. We've been talking about this recently... with the brain shutting down to protect one's self....

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:04 pm 

I think that regardless of how one dies, clinical death occurs when there is no brain activity. In that state, the soul leaves the body and many have reported that floating above the death scene, they can see exactly what's going on. The experiment puts items in places where they can only been seen from above, so if they are able to bring a person back, and that person can relate these items, they'll know that there is another step in the process of dying, in a physical sense, beyond the carcas so to speak.

This actually happened to an elderly friend of mine, who was pronounced dead in the emergency ward after having a massive heart attack. The sheet went over her head, and she was wheeled to the morgue. She eventually managed to move a finger and they began emergency procedures and revived her. Afterward she was able to realate the entire experience to stunned Doctors, and she described the most minute detail, after they pronounced her dead.

My own opinion is that had she decided not to come back, she would have moved on, and once decomposition starts to take place the choice is gone, so it likely happens quite quickly, as organs without blood and oxygen for too long a period of time, will just not function anymore.

it is during that NDE for most, where it all happens quickly after death, I think, is because of that factor; the choice has to be made soon.

But, if they can get NDE's in this experiment, and know that, without a doubt their patients were dead, yet related their coming back, we might just gain an understanding of this process beyond what it is generally accepted as non-existent.

Tim

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:00 pm 

This is a book I've read that covers NDS's and ghosts. I really enjoyed it.

http://lifestyle.sympatico.msn.ca/Have+ ... &detect=&a

Tim

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:37 pm 

My long time friend Henry--a school teacher--had a heart attacked as he was exiting his car for the school day, early one morning. He had an NDE and described it in thorough detail. His story never changes. He ended up flying towards the ocean, because he DIDN'T want to come back... but when they hit him with the paddles the 3rd time, he said he was "sucked backwards" and into his body and all the severe pain of surgery and healing that ensued. That was 15 years ago. Now he's retired, and about to go on his 3rd major 6-week-long vacation. In retrospect, he's glad the 3rd time was the "charm."

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:08 pm 

Location: City of Redcliffe, just North of Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Ann from Australia wrote:
In most cases if someone asked the driver what was it like to be out of the car they'd have to say I don't know I did it all so quickly I didn't get a chance to look around at anything else

very well put Ann, I think OBE/NDE's are exactly that, the Driver exiting the vehicle,
when we die, our driver, leaves the car, our battery depletes, the body begins to rust away..
ok the human process takes alot less time than a 57'Dodge to return to the earth.

Science will and can answer all the questions we ask of it about the Supernatural, so long as we are willing to hear all the answers and not just the ones we are expecting.
so I too hope this study is conducted by open minded professionals who do not put their ïdea's" ahead of the results