UFOSeek Forum

Community for discussion of UFO, Paranormal and mysterious topics
It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:19 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 9:56 am 

"The Day I Died" BBC documentary about NDEs.
That's the best documentary I've seen about NDEs.

QUOTE:

Pam Reynolds "I don’t remember the operating room. I don’t remember seeing Dr Spetzler at
all. It was one of his fellows that was with me at that time. After that, nothing.
Absolutely nothing until the sound." "And the sound was unpleasant,.. reminiscent
of being in a dentist's office, and I remember the top of my head tingling, and I
just sort of popped out of the top of my head, and I was there looking down at
the body. And I knew that it was my body, but I didn’t care. My vantage point
was sort of sitting on the doctor's shoulder. I remember the instrument in his hand.
It looked like the handle of my electric toothbrush. I had assumed that they were
going to open the skull with a saw. I heard the term saw. But what I saw looked
a lot more like a drill than a saw. It even had these little Bits which were kept in
this case. It was like the case my father kept his pocket wrenches in when I was
a child. Then I distinctly remember hearing a female voice saying "We have a problem,
the artery is too small" (Male) "Try the other side". It seemed to come from down
on the table. I do remember wondering what are they doing there, because this is
brain surgery. And what had happened was that they had accessed the femural
arteries in order to drain the blood, and I did not understand that."
"In the course of my study I interviewed Dr Spetzler, and looked at his operative
report, I found that what she saw in her OBE seemingly corresponded very accurately
to what had actually occurred. She looked at the bone saw that was being used
to cut open her skull, I didn't have any idea what this thing looked like. She described
it as an electric toothbrush which I thought was ridiculous, I had to send off for
a picture of this saw to Fort Worth, Texas, to confirm whether or not what she
said it looked like was accurate. And I was astounded when I saw the picture,
it does in deed resemble an electric toothbrush."
"I don’t think the observations that she made were based on her experiences as
she went into the operating room, they were just not available to her. For the drill
and so on, all those things were covered up. Not visible, they were inside their
packages. You really don’t get to open them until the patient is completely asleep,
so that you can maintain a sterile environment. She also heard a conversation
during the operation between Dr Spetlzer and the cardiovascular surgeons that
were cutting in to her legs to hook her up to the heart lung machine. When the
cardiac surgeon incised her right groin, she found that her veins and arteries were
too small. She had to go over to the left side. And the conversation between the
doctors, Pam accurately recalled hearing that conversation."
"At that stage in the operation, nobody can observe, hear, in that state. And I find
it inconceivable that your normal senses such as hearing , let alone that she had
clicking modules in her ears, that there was any to hear those words through
normal auditory pathways. So again this is very suggestive that there was some sort
of extrasensory perception, or OBE or whatever occurring at the time, which was
allowing Pam hear accurately and seemingly see accurately what was going on in the
operating room at the time.
Pam Reynolds "I felt a presence, I sort of turned around to look at it, and then it was that I saw
the tiny pin-point of light. And the light seemed to pull me, and I know how odd
this must sound, nevertheless it was true. There is a visible sensation, rather like
going over,.. and I went toward the light. I began to discern different people
different figures. I heard a friend call. It was a very immediate voice. And I went
over to her. It felt great. Someone called me who had passed away when he was
only thirty nine years old. He had taught me a lot, he taught me to play my first
guitar, and I saw many many people I knew, and others I didn’t know, but I knew
that I was in some way connected to them. I asked if God was the light, and the
answer was No God is not the light. The light is what happens when God breathes.
And I remember thinking that I am standing in the breath of God. At some point
in time I was reminded that it was time to go back. Of course I had made my
decision to go back, before I laid down on that table. But the more I was there,
the better I liked it. And my uncle was the one that brought me back down to the
body. When I got to where the body was, I had a look at the thing, and I was sure
that I didn’t want to get into it, because it looked pretty much like it was, as void
of life, and I knew it would hurt, since I didn’t want to get back in, he started reasoning
with me, like diving into a swimming pool. He reminded me about the children.
And I said My children will be fine. You have got to go. "No!" He pushed me, he
gave me a little help there. It has taken a long time, but I think I am ready to forgive
him for that! I saw the body jump and then he pushed me, and I felt..
Commentator"This is a classic NDE occurring under extremely monitored medical conditions,
where very known vital sign, and basically every clinical sign of life and death
was being monitored at the time. And that is what makes her case so remarkable
and so valuable."

http://ProjectMotherShip.isGreat.org

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 11:06 pm 

This is similar to, but not exactly the same as other accounts I've heard and read. I've never had a NDE, so I can't say for certain, but I surmise that OBEs, NDEs, etc. are individualized, just as is our perception of Life, colors, pain, happiness, and everything else that happens to us--collectively and singularly.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:56 am 
Unregistered
NDEs such as these have the power to dramatically change the lives of those who have them and those who read about them. These testimonies are firsthand eyewitness accounts of experiences in afterlife realms which, unfortunately, you cannot find in the Bible..

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:52 am 

The Bible was POLITICAL - written according to the TIMES - just as most of the things which will be preserved for FUTURE people to find out about US!!! And that's SO SAD... we are so much more than the sum of our religious writings. We are a PEOPLE of many different faiths, as well as non-faiths: aka, religious and spiritual, and non-religious. But when our internet goes asunder, and there's no record of electronic thoughts, all that's left will be what we write on the walls of caves Ilike our ancestors) or what we PRINT OUT and preserve in metal, moisture-proof boxes, etc. That's WHY what we TREASURE can't be on the internet - it MUST BE written down, either in dark caves, or in buried boxes that can make it through hundreds of years of desolation.

But people today can't spell; they can't write; they have been delusioned by the WWW. Therefore, most of us won't ever have existed, for future archeologists. We (most of us) will just fade into the dark crevaces of the unknown.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:44 am 

Fading into the dark crevaces of the unknown...I think I'll keep the lights on tonight.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:21 pm 

A person I personally know, had an NDE.

She too was being operated on, and apparently 'died' after surgery. She was aware of the surgery, the conversations taking place, the proceedures etc. Then she was declared dead, however, she was NOT dead.

She could not communicate with them. It was like she was halfway between being alive, and being dead, and could not be heard . She was completely aware, and was unable to move a finger, or blink.

The next thing that happened to her, she was moved to the morgue- I kid you not. It was there that she was able to wiggle a finger- and somebody noticed. She was immediately moved back to the OR and hooked up to machines, and yes, she was alive.

She was also a very spiritual person, and I think her ability to tap into 'the other side' put her in that position of being between living and dying, and actually analyzing what was going on.

She is still alive.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:26 pm 

I've read several accounts of these kinds of "close calls", Timbit. It's frightening to think that with all our sophisticated technology, there isn't a way to prevent these "near death by accident" tragedies. And I say TRAGEDY because it scares people so much they never want to be in another hospital, no matter how hurt or sick they become.

My mother awakened - twice - during two separate surgeries, both major ones. She was paralyzed, but fully awake, feeling the pain, hearing all the conversations going on around her, and trying desperately to open her eyes to let them know she was in excruciating pain. After the 2nd time, although she knew she needed another surgery to prolong her life, she was too frightened to allow the doctors to put in the stints for her heart. She died a short time after she turned down their last request to do the surgical procedure.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:29 am 

According to what I learned during my surgery, they now put something in the knock out medication that prevents you from remembering the operation etc.

So when you do leave recovery they want to make sure you are actually awake and aware of your surroundings.

The guy in the next bed to me appeared to be awake and was chatting with other people in the room, but he fell asleep and when he woke up he was in a terrible state because he had no idea he had already been awake. They took him away to another part of the hospital and I never saw him again, but the whole thing really freaked him out.

( I have trouble pronouncing the word anethesia let alone spelling it.)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:20 am 

That doesn't sound, David, like my mother's experience. There have been several hundreds of cases filed here in the U.S. - claiming the same thing - awakening during a surgery, and FEELING the pain, and HEARING all the comments made about their bodies, during surgery. There have been several lawsuits, and it's come out that SOME anesthesiologists have been giving LESS than is warranted for body weight, so they can siphon it off and sell it for profit.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:22 am 

not suggesting it was or that what you wrote is not absolutely valid.

Just telling what I experienced recently in Canada.