UFOSeek Forum

Community for discussion of UFO, Paranormal and mysterious topics
It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:40 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: Time a I perceive it
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:02 am 

Dad, it may take reading your posts a time or two, but those of us with patience can understand most of what you say, just fine! Don't give up. Translations comes through in many ways.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:50 am 

I second that sentiment dad, you're doing just fine.

Tim

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:32 am 

I agree too, I love your accent and I think it's great that it comes through in writing as well. I think I manage to understand what you are saying as well as what you are meaning so don't worry Dad. I guess you find it the same in reverse from us or is English easier to understand. Ann :P

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:49 pm 

[Thanks to you all. It's longtime I don't speak and write so much in english, so it's possible sometime I will write something wrong...or I'll forget some letters (vowels and consonants)... sorry from now.]

The best thing I see here on the forum, is the exchange of thoughts, meanings and other we talk about. This makes me appreciate more the way is used this site.

I love to teach what I know as I love to learn what other peoples know, 'cause I understood time ago that knowledge is never enough.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:37 pm 

Knowledge AND wisdom are the keys to a rich, full life. Too many people forsake the wisdom for the knowledge, and everything they think they know is lop-sided. :shock:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:55 pm 

I fully share ;)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:22 pm 

Tweaked, does that mean the same as how people who are academic seem to think that automatically makes them intelligent except that academics has nothing to do with intelligence or common sense. Academics simply means that you've been able to read, understand and apply what you read in a book that was written by someone else and often based on someone elses work. Ann :P

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:28 pm 

That's EXACTLY what it means, Ann. I have worked with some of the most brilliant minds in Computer Science, Engineering, Material Science & Physics... I had a tremendous respect for nearly every professor and student; some of them were dear friends. But the only ones to whom I could relate were the ones who occasionally "thought outside the box" and allowed themselves to see ghosts or to believe in non-scholastic ideals. MOST were just trapped in their own research, which was primarily based on other published works by others in their fields. As I said ... scholastically brilliant and yet unable to deal with common sense matters or anything (God Forbid!) paranormal. They couldn't even deal with EACH OTHER if one of them had a crisis--like a divorce, or alcoholism, or something aberrant to scholastic achievement. They left that for people such as ME!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:20 pm 

There is a big difference between school way and knowledge way. The best lesson everyone can learn is only from life, and there is not school enough...

If not so, how could it be that in Roma (Italy) always there someone that sold the Colosseum to some tourist or in Paris the Eiffel tower to other tourists?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:52 pm 

Yeah... that happens here, too. Someone is ALWAYS selling the BROOKLYN BRIDGE (in NYC) to some unsuspecting tourist. Makes you wonder why some people are so dumb, and why others are so eager to take advantage of that ignorance.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next