UFOSeek Forum

Community for discussion of UFO, Paranormal and mysterious topics
It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:47 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:28 pm 

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_3122542.html

Archeologists in China are baffled after finding a tiny Swiss watch in a 400-year-old tomb.

See PHOTO and article at link.

Time Traveler, anyone??

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:04 am 

This is a cool story, I have never seen a watch like that one.

Strange things have a way of turning up in the strangest places at the strangest times.

I once put a pair of glasses on the roof of my car.....lost my glasses of course, but a year later when I was parked in the same identical spot they returned. I kid you not, this really happened.

Reminds me of the mystery puddles......somewhere, sometime, there is a bunch of missing puddles. Misplaced in time and space.......very weird.

Perhaps the departed one wanted a ring watch and finally got one, from the future.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:28 pm 

Is it a Swatch? :mrgreen:

Well, I think this can be done to the continued moving of lands, or to someone who visited that place. Water, weather and other elements have done the rest...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:49 am 

Did they have Swiss watches 400 years ago?

And how did they get to China 400 years ago to lose their watch inside a sealed tomb?

That would be a bigger story than the watch. ;)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:20 am 

Time Travel?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:01 am 

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 4:51 pm 

AH love time travel, since I have done so personally:

Back when I was a child, well actually a teenager, I was walking along an old dirt road early in the morning and came to a spot that felt as though it was totally different from the rest of the world and by the time I made it through the twenty feet or so, it was evening.

I had gone from early morning to evening within a matter of seconds, and this was not a lost time episode.

Abducted during this period of time, matter of seconds, I couldn't say for sure, but I can say I did lose the whole day within these seconds.

I feel as though I had passed through somekind of time shift in the woods of Maine, but remember the entire thing.

I did not experience anything that would suggest an alien presense, but did feel as though my body had been pushed through time.

I believe I could take a person to this same location today, but not sure if we would experience any type of time travel.
The only thing here is, I was traveling forward in time, not backwards, as far as I can remember, but I never did check to find out if the day had changed, which it could have, since when your a teen your days seem to run all together during summer vacation.

Jeff

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 4:58 pm 

Jeff, that sounds like a time slip. I have experienced those myself.

In recent years I have been able to duplicate this experience.

These slips were, to me, so confusing, and for years I thought that I must have been having a daydream of another time and place in this world. But it is only in recent years when someone suggested I research time slips that I now know what happened to me.

I had also time slips that passed many hours, and would 'come to', not knowing how I got to where I was. If you put 'time slips' in our search bar, you will find some interesting conversations and posts over that topic.

Tim

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 5:46 pm 

Tim

Will do, I understand that this is a totally different topic than time travel.

Remember I'm getting old here :D

Jeff

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 5:03 am 

Location: City of Redcliffe, just North of Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
hhmm, logic would tell us that someone has obviously visited the tomb site in the last 100 years and lost their watch, someone who obviously has influence with the Chinese government or a third party who is "above the government"
a quick check of the political landscape of approximately 100 years ago, shows a lot of "royal" families in power, as most lost their power/status from 1917 onwards,
we are also able to see many would be Secret Societies at play behind the scenes.
my pondering is over the fact that the watch appears to be a ring rather than a braclet or pocket watch as is most common in the time period of 100 years ago.

and David, there were no Swiss watches 400 years ago, for one reason, there was no Switzerland.
another it that by all accounts, the Watch (aka pocket watch) was invented in Germany (Nuremberg) between 1505 and 1510, by Peter Henlein.

some sites are reporting this story as dating to 2005, which I take to mean that is when the watch-ring was discovered, which would date the tomb's closure to 1605 (approx)
this would mean that the watch if left in the tomb at closure, cannot be Swiss, it could however be German, another point is that "swiss" as far as I can find did not appear on Watches until the late 1900's as a global marketing stamp (eg Swiss Made) prior to this the manufacturers name was used to define quality etc. (1971 to be more accurate)
Ring watches are as old as the pocket watches as a russian watchmaker made a ring watch for the Czar Mikhail in 1620. this also indicates that while a ring watch could have been dropped by someone visiting the tomb, it was done after the initial closing.

(I have to laugh though as one site I was researching had a comment about it not being a swiss watch because they never stop.... lol they do if encased in mud and dirt for years on end)

so my end result of looking into this, is to say, that someone has been inside that tomb since it was closed and did so since 1971, without knowing more, this is the most logical answer.