UFOSeek Forum

Community for discussion of UFO, Paranormal and mysterious topics
It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:17 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Lost days and years
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:29 am 
Unregistered
Yesterday i think its tuesday but it was wendesday. Its just weird, but what you say about this: trough many months i think is year 2008 until i visit post office where someone ask me to make signature and date on document. So i write year 2008 heh and suddenly realise that in fact is 2007 wow! whats going on?
___

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:49 pm 

I have no idea how that happens, but it happens to me a lot. I'm always surprised by things like that too and I've found myself asking what the year is lol Good thing we have calendars to keep track of the days.

Tim
___

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:23 am 

I'm having the same trouble... I've been writing 2008 instead of 2007, for several months! And I thought I was just having premature senior moments (lol) brought on by my current illness. Maybe this is happening to more people than we can imagine! I was thinking today was FRIDAY, and that Bill Maher would be on HBO tonite! I was SO disappointed when I realized I'd have to wait another 24 hours to hear his sick humor.
___

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 1:42 pm 
Unregistered
Its probably good to see that not only me have such problem. Interesting why thats happend? Meybe becuase live too quick? (too much experiences) For example when once i got very busy day i got feelings that pass not only one but many days. Maybe somehow its connected to time travell heh. PS. one day i tryed to "stop time" i concentrate on watch and its seem that seconds pass very slowly (one second was 2-3 second of time)
___

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 4:18 pm 

I agree that time can seem to pass very quickly or very slowly depending upon what you do. Now heres the 'but', BUT, how to explain the disorientation during a normal day, busy or not, when all of a sudden you realize you are in the wrong time, the wrong month, and the wrong year! Then again, the panic feeling when very familiar places and things are suddenly not as they were the last time you saw them.

Eventually, things return to normal, but it's a terrible feeling of disorintation when you realize you are not where you were at the time you thought you were, and are somewhere else, in a different time. It all comes as quite a surprise.

I think that this has got to do with 'time' itself somehow. Time not being static, but dynamic in nature may explain why this happens to some, and not others. Maybe there are those who are more susceptible, like some who are more susceptible to psychic messages.

Maybe
___

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:20 am 
Unregistered
Yes its hard sometime to understand whats going on but this all can be most easy explain by secrets of human brain instead of some unknown physic rules. For example deja vu (feeling that you seen something before) you may dream once about similar situation, thats why you "remember" it.

BTW Deja-Vu is very mysterious feeling and it have important connection to time disorientation. Few times during such experience i got feeling that i can predict time (what will happend next) or feeling that "i must do something to change my destiny" (!!!)

Maybe we are able to travell in time but we dont create alternate person of us (and meet myself before) just change everything: jump suddenly from one time to other. So when i travell back i have deja vu and from this point i live whole situation again. Ofcourse there is so many random decisions we make so only fragment of time is very similar and everything else different (we create new life from that point)
___

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 6:25 pm 

It may be a phenomenon that as a species we have just learned to adapt to, without even thinking about it. Missing time is one thing, but not being able to figure out why is another. Not to mention some experiences are far from comforting.

I had read a theory once about deja vu, and it was that when you have that experience, it is when you are being shown from 'the other side' that you are right where you are supposed to be, and your life is in sync with where you should be at that moment in time. It's a message designed to tell you that whatever you learn or interpret from the deja vu experience, is something that has been pre-designed to happen.

To me that makes some sense when you tie it in with those thoughts or events that sort of flash in your mind out of the blue, and then they happen in the very near future. I have had some very strange experiences of 'seeing' a person's face, maybe a person I don't even know, and then have come to just expect that they will cross my path, and usually they do.

One thing to experience it, quite another to make sense of it.

Timbit
___

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:32 am 

Let’s go back to time: Einstein made the, "Theory of Relativity" in it he explains that perception plays a major roll in the value of time. One example was sitting in an airplane and watching the service people move about outside. We are experiencing real time as we know it. But the further we get fro an object the slower it seems to move to a point that movement is not truly visible at all. Yet time remains the same for both you and the observed. Quantum Physics seems to feel that nothing moves until it is observed.

But now take away the calendars, the clocks, and the sun and moon, by which we count time and see what happens.

Quite a few years back an experiment was performed in which several men were placed in a mine shaft with no time reference. They were provided with reading material and food for 8-9 months. By the time 6 months had gone by they were out of food and to them nine months had gone by. Now just imagine what a trip in space could do to us, making the distance even a greater problem.

Bebop
___

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:37 am 

Time is actually speeding up with each passing moment.

We are accelerating into the future at an every increasing rate of acceleration............its not just a perception of the mind, but a physical reality.

Of course you can't measure the change with a clock as a clock measures linear units of time, which are static.

But when you consider that the atomic clocks used for the GPS have to be adjusted regularly to keep the clocks in space in sync with the clocks on the ground you will realize that the differential between them is increasing.

So is the differential between the earth and the moon and the earth and the sun..............increasing.
___

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:04 am 

[quote]
Time is actually speeding up with each passing moment.

[/quote]

So what does that mean when you can actually [i]feel [/i]the difference in time. Is it something that we put back in balance by checking the clock or the day, and year? That the clock says two hours have passed, but it feels like much more. Without a reality check things could get out of whack very quickly.

Interesting Bebop about the people in the mine. I have wondered what it would be to have no reference such as the above paragraph. No time reality. Does that really mean that is [i]how[/i] time works?

Why is it that if you are taught that 2:00 p.m. means 2:00 p.m. because we say it's 2:00 p.m., but with time speeding up we have to make a physical adjustment to suit the time. Without that static reference, we would be lost, literally.

Timbit
___