UFOSeek Forum

Community for discussion of UFO, Paranormal and mysterious topics
It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:08 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:56 pm 
Unregistered
But what is time? Is it something that exists or is it merely a label we create for what we perceive to be the passing of the seasons and our lives?

I think most people see time as being linear - as least most of the people I know do. A beginning, a middle and an end. But many ancient societies saw time as being circular with no beginning or end just a series of ages, or epochs.

Time is obviously relative - hence why two people in the same room perceive time at different rates.

I don't think scientists fully understand time and this may explain why we have time-slips. Near to where I live an incident happened a few years back, when a woman walking her dog saw a Tudor mansion. Strange, she thought, never noticed that before. On subsequent visits could she locate it? No. It was destroyed before the civil war over 400 years ago. Somehow either she or the house had slipped through a gap in time for a few seconds.

As to time speeding up, I don't suppose there's any reason to presume that the speed of time is constant. Maybe it speeds up and slows down at intervals?
___

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 3:53 pm 

I think EVERYTHING that happens in the Universe can somewhat affect Time as we see it in a linear pattern, and the reason is because it ISN'T linear at all. We just have to "make it so" to account for our existence in a logical human measurement.
___

Post subject: Re: Lost days and years
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:30 am 

It is very common. For we are very busy all day, and sometimes you will think maybe it is another day or another year. It is not strange at all.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:08 am 

All the trappings we've been taught to depend on would be lost, that's for certain. But WE wouldn't be lost; we'd do as our ancestors did--learn to tell time by the positions of the sun, the moon, the stars... It might be crude, but look at all the "lost skills" we'd re-locate! We might even learn to work WITH each other and forge physical friendships. No more computer slaves and couch potatoes!

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 3:49 pm 

There was one evening when I was at work (I'm a Registered Nurse) and I had to do my drug round. There were 14 rooms with 26 patients and I had to do all of the bed time medications.I was really tired, my feet hurt and I was desperate for my shift to be over. We usually started our drug round at 7.45pm to be finished by 9.30pm. I was running late and it was 7.50pm. I gave my self a chat and told myself I can do this on my ear, just tell myself I'm full of energy and put a spurt in my walk, go for it and don't look back til i'm done. I did and while still telling myself all this I looked and was at the last room and the time was 7.40pm and I remembered going into each and every room and every little chat I had with every person and every medication I gave out and yet there I was standing there having completed my round before I had even started it. As I was putting things away I was trying to work out what or how that had happened and going through how at 7.30pm I had done this and at 7.35pm I had done that and How I had been caught doing a dressing on someone which made me late. My time before was accounted for and the clocks weren't wrong. To this day I still ask what happened. The good thing was that I then got to sit around with my feet up and take my time with documentation and my mind woke up at the shock of it all. What I have learned from it is that you really can finish something before you even start it. I'm sure if I had gone around the corner to where I first began my round that I would have seen myself just starting. Ann

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 7:35 pm 

Those are called Time Slips. Out of Body Experiences can result in catching one's self coming to do what you've just done. But I think there can be several explanations for the same experience. In yours, you telegraphed "intent" and opened a vortex or a portal into which you stepped through and performed your duties. Or, someone in the Space/Time continuim who was 'tuned-in' to your situation decided you'd worked hard enough, and needed a long breather, so it was arranged for you.

This happened to me in 1974. My son was just learning to pull himself up to the side of his crib and stand, and I was 20 feet away from his room, at the other end of the hallway between the bedrooms when I heard that unmistakeable CLICK--the sound the side of the crib makes when the latch comes undone so the side can be lowered. I knew he was going to topple head-first onto the floor ... and I rushed down the hall and caught him, before he hit the floor! When I looked back at his grandmother who had been standing right next to me when I heard the CLICK, I saw myself--still standing there, getting ready to run--and she saw BOTH of us ... the me who had just caught the baby, and the me who hadn't left the other end of the hallway yet.

I felt a tremendous WHOOOSH!--and my other body caught up with the body who had just caught the baby. Mildred, poor old woman (she didn't like me at all!) started yelling, "Lord, God... WITCH! WITCH! WITCH!" And then she ran into her room and slammed shut the door and locked it. She didn't come out until my husband came in from work. It gave me great glee to hear her trying to convince him she'd seen two of me at once, and that I was a witch ... and all he could do was laugh and ask her if she'd fallen off her wagon.

The 2nd time a similar thing happened, I'd been called out of bed a little after 2 a.m. to drive my mother home from the cocktail lounge where she played jazz & blues, 5 nights a week. She was too drunk to drive, and was giving the bartender a hard time, so he'd locked up her keys, and wanted me to come drive her home. I was 35 miles away, so I threw on clothes and ran down to the car, knowing that by the time I drove to get her, and then drove her on home and got back to my apartment, it would be only half an hour before my alarm would go off. Had this been the only time I'd been called to do this, it wouldn't have been so bad... but this was becoming a two or 3 times a week problem, and the lack of rest was playing havoc with my normally good nature. But I went ahead and did my good deed.

There was a spot on the Glendale Freeway, going home, where I looked around and NOTHING looked right; nothing looked familiar! It lasted only four or 5 seconds, and when I blinked, everything was normal again.

When I got back to my apartment I looked at my clock to see if I should just stay up and make coffee, or go back to sleep for a few minutes. Much to my shock, only 20 minutes had elapsed since I'd left the apartment to drive to get my mother. I checked ALL the clocks in the apartment, and called Time on my telephone, because this was so WEIRD! They all were correct, so by the time I crawled back into bed, it was only 2:45 a.m. and I ended up getting nearly a full night's rest! I always thought the aliens had had something to do with this, but in later years, after reading about "intent", I can't be sure the aliens did this; I might have self-manipulated Time simply because for an instant, I could...

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 5:45 am 

Like you Tweaked I know these things to be true because we've lived through them. I had an instance where I was driving to my sisters house and she lived 6 minutes on an almost direct run from my house. I left home at just gone 1.20 in the afternoon thinking that should put me there before 1.30. There is one road I go down and takes about 2 minutes start to finish. At the end of a straight run there is a sharp bend. It's a great road, it's not very busy and it's one you can put your food down and fly a little. Being so straight you don't need too much concentation to drive it. I remembered entering it and the next moment I felt like a jolt as if I'd just been put back in my seat and I looked and had to think quick because I was at the sharp bend already. I told myself that I must have let my mind wander or perhaps I fell asleep momentarily. I couldn't work out why I didn't remember driving the length of the road and it was a bit baffleing but what baffled me more was that when I arrived at my sisters it was 3.15 and her clocks wern't wrong even though I told her they had to be and when I checked mine at home they were right too. This was just one time that stands out about my missing time others wern't for so long nor so dangerous. If aliens put me back in my car they should have done it back closer to the beginning of the road not right on the bend, I could have rolled the car. Ann

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 5:49 am 

Wouldn't it be great to know which it was? Aliens, or a Time Slip? I suppose we never will, but I can dream...

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 5:56 am 

Isn't it the midle of the night for you it's mid afternoon for me Ann

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 6:15 am 

No, it's 10:15 p.m. here on the Left (West) Coast.