UFOSeek Forum

Community for discussion of UFO, Paranormal and mysterious topics
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:56 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Time slips
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:27 am 

Many people have experience time slips around the world, but a particular street in Liverpool, England has had it's fair share of regualr time slips. Over the years many people have experienced strange happenings and time slips on Bold street.

Heres some accounts by people who have experienced time slips on Bold street..
http://www.parascience.org.uk/articles/time.htm

Bold street..http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bold_Street,_Liverpool

I wonder what causes these slips..

Peace, Caper.

Post subject: Re: Time slips
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:47 am 

I wish I knew what causes these slips, I have had them myself.

One of the more interesting slips involved two different time periods.

I slipped into familiar surroundings, from about 8 years earlier, yet, the person in this situation, although was me, I was much older than I was when I was there.

That's a tongue twister huh?

Some time slips have been self directed, and like your first link, that was very familiar to me, like going back in time.

Some slips have involved a lot of missing time, but being in two different places at the same time, with physical presence in each.

I would love to know what causes this.

Tim

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:07 am 

Incredible..Tim, it boggles the mind to think how all of this works, but nonetheless i'm keen to find out.

I imagine you must be a bit taken back when you first realise you're in the past..

How long did your slips last, Tim?

I've never had a time slip myself though i'm fairly postive that time has stood still for me once or at least slowed right down, i was walking the dog along the canal one afternoon..i looked at my watch it was 3:34, and by the time i had reached the bridge where my car was.. it was 3:35.

I went back the next day and timed the distance it took from the bridge to where i looked at my watch and it took me 10 minutes at the same pace..? :?

What causes these slips? Is it something under the Earth in that particular spot or stretch of land? Or is it just time itself?

One other thing that i wonder about...is it possible that time slips aren't accidental and happen to specific people at specific times for a reason?

Very strange is time.

Peace, Caper.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:48 pm 

The most interesting ones that puzzle me the most happened when I was in school.

I would go to bed like normal. But, I would 'wake up', getting off the bus, or walking across the street, or suddenly in a group of people with my sisters.

The thing was, I remembered nothing after I had gone to bed, except that apparently I got up in the morning, did the usual chores, just like any other normal day. I remembered nothing of it, only realizing that I was missing a good 7-8 hours. I would be totally confused, not knowing how I got where I was, when I came to. I know that some of these experiences are self-directed.

Last summer I had one very similar to the one you posted about in the link. I was sitting in a parking lot, waiting for my husband, and the entire scene in front of me began to take on layers. Layers of time, going backwards in time. The store fronts changed, people changed, trees, streets, everything, to a time that to me seemed like the early 1950's.

It feels like a wave coming over me, and my surroundings. I'm not so afraid of this, I just accept it, but figure it out? I don't think I ever will.

Tim

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:30 am 

For some this can be very disturbing, but I would suggest that this is the product of field distortions, keeping in mind that time, the sequence of events does not follow a direct linear path from here to there.

There is no actual distance of time separating 1950 from 2009, both exist simultaneously with no linear spacing involved.

And because the sequencing of events appears to follow a set path there is no actual path for events to follow.

So going back a hundred years or ten years is no different than going back a thousand years or more.

It might sound confusing but this is simply the way things work, which makes all the talk about millions of years ago sound a bit on the dumb side because there are no actual years between events.

We have rationalized the world around us to make sense, in relation to what the majority of society view as making sense. It feels comfortable and reassuring to accept the standard concept of the past always staying in the past, but despite a great deal of effort nature simply refuses to cooperate with such an idea.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:29 pm 

That makes sense David. And it is confusing. But, I distinctly remember not being concerned about it because it was so natural.

And the time distortions happen regardless of where I am/was. It's not like there was a magic worm hole or something because of my physical location.

I get a funny sort of premonition feeling when I see or hear certain things. I need to do more work on reaching that place again where it is a clearer picture. I used to think that these experiences were all in the past, but realize that they aren't.

The one situation where I was older than I actually was at the time, had me in a future event. That was something I never understood until I realized that it is quite probable that if I can tap into the past, I should be able to tap into the future as well.

I have a lot of work to do!!

Tim

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:08 pm 

Yeah i'll bet it can be a pretty frightening experience. David, is it possible for someone to get stuck in a time slip.. say slip into 1800's and not slip back out of it?

I must say it's took a while to get my mind around this simultaneous Universe stuff..but it makes absolute sense when you think about it. And i rather like it, find it quite exciting, like you said.. it opens all the doors.
So thanks for sharing..i'm going to purchase your book, so hopefully that will make things a little clearer for me.

Indeed Tim..this time thing is strange and takes a bit of getting used to. Well worth it though.
Good luck with the time slips, i hope i can experience a slip one of these days.

Peace, Caper.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:20 am 

Caper, yes it is possible that you could get stuck but there is no known way to know if this has ever happened.

But people have been seen to vanish in front of witnesses and never come back.

It's hard to know if such vanishings have anything to do with time slips or something else.

Some people find time slips terrifying, because they are afraid they might not get back to the present.

There are places all over the world where past events keep being repeated over and over again, kind of like reruns.

A friend of mine was working in a basement in London fixing a furnace when a legion of Roman soldiers came marching through the basement, out one wall across the basement and into the other wall, enough to give anyone a start.

All I've even seen walk through walls is chickens, came right out of the wall and pecked their way across to the far wall and vanished.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:44 am 

Here's another thought.

With my time slip, where I was in a future place, how would I know that I didn't arrive there from my past, when I was older.

Back and forth, back and forth. I can see where someone would be stuck eventually, perhaps by choice.

Interesting about the chickens David. A sort of wave rolling through.

Tim

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:33 pm 

In an old FATE Magazine from probably 20 years ago, there was a reproduced newspaper article from earlier than the publication--it was written in either the late 1930s or early 1940s, and I believe it was from somewhere on the East Coast. The columnist mentioned a strange man found wandering the streets in clothes from another era, with (I think) a few small gold coins in one pocket, and some sort of papers that related to the early 1800s. Allegedly, he couldn't understand what cars were, and thought planes were birds; the article mentioned he'd been "committed because it was thought he could be a danger to himself as well as others."

Isn't that usually the way it goes? When people don't take the time to try to understand someone's fear or their inability to fathom their surroundings, they're just "locked away" so no one has to deal with them.