UFOSeek Forum

Community for discussion of UFO, Paranormal and mysterious topics
It is currently Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:01 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:48 pm 

Interesting historical perspective on a list compiled with 220 dates with knowledge of the end of the world.

Lucky for us, at least so far, none of them have proven to be correct. Interesting reading.

http://www.bible.ca/pre-date-setters.htm

Tim

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:35 pm 

I was looking at that myself a couple of months ago when I got the word that the new date was like in September or something....due to the Aztec calendar also ended on this date...

Crazy stuff... but none the less it scares the crap out of me.

as a child I lived in a "hippy" town ( best way to describe it for now) and i remember listening to the different religions going on and for most of my child hood they only talked about the end of the world.
Scared the freaking crap out of me...
I remember a few friends getting upset with my mom when she was Prego with my baby sister because she was "being selfish" with bringing a baby into a world that was about to go to hell in a hand basket.

I know now... that ya, it could come... any day... any way.... god, aliens, blow ourselves up...who knows... I do hope it’s not for hundreds of years to come ... and im long and gone...

but in the mean time... my sons know nothing about the end of the world... as a child... they should stay a child and never have the worry of dying every day ... or living in a world of worse terror than we already have.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:05 pm 

Jenn, I know exactly what you mean.

Quote:
I remember a few friends getting upset with my mom when she was Prego with my baby sister because she was "being selfish" with bringing a baby into a world that was about to go to hell in a hand basket

When I was pregnant with my first child, having gone through six miscarriages, and dealing with being a 'high risk' pregnancy, there was a knock on my door. It was the Jehovah Witnesses, who proceeded to verbally attack me in a very similar fashion as to what you've said with your mother. I was so sick, and so tired that I didn't have the energy to fight back, and being gobsmacked, just absolutely stunned, like everything was moving in slow motion. Eventually, they went away, and my husband arrived home to find me nearly hysterical.

Well, he went and found them, and to this day, I do not know what he said or did. But, they never returned to my door- at least at that location.

Now I consider them fair game when they knock on my door, and believe me, I exact my revenge every, single, time. I seriously have a long string of garlic from my front door- which is more my sick sense of humour, but its there regardless.

It is one thing to go seeking information from any religious affiliation, but when you are vunerable, scared, stressed out, and otherwise at their mercy when they are in your space, that is something I think should be illegal.

I dont' worry about the end of the world anymore, and like you, raised my kids to be kids to the max, and I thouroughly enjoyed all those years myself because of it. My miracle baby has the broadest mind as far as tolerance goes, and I admire that in her. I don't waste any time thinking my time is about to be up, it is a slippery slope that can really bring you down, and what's the point anyway.

Tim

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:00 pm 

We could spend all our living time wondering and fearing about dieing, then the act itself is upon us, and then we look back to see what we have done with our life, and see that we have wasted it.

Best to forget about it untill the time actually comes

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:07 pm 

I'm going to watch out for those nasty Astro-Lemurs.

I'm actually a fox-like, auburn-furred, bushy-tailed alien from the planet Tereskadhar.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:16 am 

Thekherham,

What are Astro-Lemurs?

Tim

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:15 am 

Yeah, me too... what ARE they??!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:25 am 

Sounds like something you put on your lawn.......or your astro-turf.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:06 pm 

MAny years ago with a friend of mine, we calculated that this planet should end about in year 8800 (a.d.) and this 'cause it should end to turn on itself. Also if it is in space, it doesn't means that will be turning on itself for ever and ever... this turning (on itself) depends from the initial "push" he had long ago. That what we used for our calculations, but, it was about 30 years ago, and it's possible we didi some error; actually it should be re-calculated with computer to obtain a real timing. This is excluding those possible "accidents" made from other planets coming to/near earth (see Nibiru), 'cause those are particular conditions...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:50 pm 

I wholeheartedly agree that the young certainly don't need to be worrying about the end whether natural or not. Life is to be lived not stressed over. Build your memories every day with every happy and positive thing you can find. Fill every single space in your heart and your minds with as many living memories as you can. Remember things as though they were the elusive aliens we seek and lock in the way things looked, the way things felt and how things smelt. You can't live, any of you, if you worry about the end of the world or your own deaths. A couple of us here are faceing the reality of death but we're still determined to live til will die. Children will grow up and have enough years to ponder about death so unless they are faceing it themselves there is no need to fill their heads with it and if you do have to explain it to them then explain it as a new beginning and a new future and make it as natural as it is. We all have a bright future in front of us regardless of how or when things end here on the earth.....Ann :P